Haswell-processors Pricing Available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes they are, there even 2.5% sales tax year around by me. they even do 50$ off Mobo when you by certain cpu's too.

by the time i get around to re building pc im sure I can get Core i5-4670K for under 200$ from them

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Most of us can't get processors as cheap as MicroCenter sells them for. My local reseller is usually $50-$100 above retail on processors and graphics cards...and my nearest MicroCenter is around 3hrs away.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I got one near me too

4. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They've given up for the most part fighting over a dying market. It's the first smart thing in many years that they have done.

Their only hope is to get into the mobile arena with the HSA/Fusion architecture soon, if they don't then they will just be bought out for patents (or for other purposes) by someone else.

I still can't get over how they dropped the ball on CUDA. AMD should have been the one to launch such an enterprise, instead they lacked vision and now Nvidia is reaping the benefits.

5. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    i'm sure that the gtx700 series will make the titan look like a joke

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sure that the GTX-700 series will use the sun as a power source with a cable connected directly to it.

Source: None

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That's because like I said above, Microcenter doesn't sell it anywhere near "retail", they undercut the prices. Regular MSRP for the 3770K is about $329, not $229.

deltatux

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It will use a new technology that actually makes the chip endothermic.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't look forward to paying for a cable long enough that it reaches the sun, then again it'll probably be cheaper than a Monster brand cable.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Monster brand Sun power cable??? there wouldnt be enough money in the world to buy one seeing they would charge more money then there is in the world. Probably not enough cable in the world make it long enough to make it to the sun anyway or survive the heat :infinity:

I would love to see them try though

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013

11. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Yes.. and that "Gunk" was TIM.. aka thermal paste

12. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    erm no, its not the TIM, it was the gap between the IHS and the CPU. The gap is the main reason why the IHS is ineffective.

13. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    The Bulldozers where quite a flop, but the Piledrivers aint to bad.. Not for 180 bucks anyways. :) at 5ghz it is the same if not better in almost every test compaired to the I5 and even I7 (at same rated speeds if they can get there) in many aspecs. Sure its not the fastest CPU but then again I have ALOT more money to play around with by buying a cheaper CPU..

14. trentbg

trentbg Guest

GPU:
    nVidia

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Yes but at 5ghz it's a power hog. Also in the past years AMD has really kicked the bucket with cpu's. I miss the days when i had a AMD cpu that i was proud of.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Am i the only one thinking intel messed up the paste on ivy to make these look better?...nah i'm just thinking crasy they would never do that.

17. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Everyone says its a power hog. If u leave your comp on 247 it will cost you 20 more dollars a year. Since I only have my PC on when I'm using it, that thought doesn't even matter anymore.

I thought the same exact thing when I saw the eng samples.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I think you're right, Imagine if they did proper soldering by IB everyone would run at 5ghz+, but since AMD has nothing strong to offer they go cripple it where it could shine the most.

Now with Haswell 1 year later things start to shift by AMD side, Steamroller is not far away and they decided to remove this limit again.. Haswell will be able to OC like SB, I bet 5ghz+ with ease, not to mention unlinked pcie?/qpi bus.