[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Redstone 2 - Creators Update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 21, 2017.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i try not care about such things anymore, other wise i will have heart attack from all stupid stuff that trigger me or can be avoided, and i will probably still have that heartattack,

2. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    this may not be good enough for certain device drivers that are part of the Windows quality or critical updates.

Here's a better solution:
    http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-driver-updates-in-windows-update-in-windows-10/

Just add the "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" registry entry mentioned in that site and set its value to 1 (works with at least Windows 10 anniversary update 1607 or greater). then reboot & reload Windows update and it will never offer any driver updates.

Also folks, there seems to be updated v1703 ISOs from MSDN and ESDs from Microsoft that have been updated on June 2017:
    https://borncity.com/win/2017/06/25/windows-10-version-1703-iso-esd-media-refresh-june-2017/

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Btw, I checked recently - and Windows shows 16GB is installed. Strange creature...

4. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Anyone else experiencing microstutters after updating with the Creator update? Updated my computer last night, and noticed right after first boot that just using windows seemed more "sluggish" and having heavy microstuttering in BF1 and Titanfall 2 and small microstutters in various other games.

Tried two clean install with image from mediacreationtool which contains this update.. so unable to revert back using recovery in windows. Anyone know if it's possible to rollback to pre creation update?

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Try turning off everything under gaming in settings (Game bar, Game DVD an game mode).
    Then make sure you run newer drivers, try 384.76 and see how it goes.

6. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Game DVR and all that jazz is off :/

got the latest .80 hotfix driver.

Edit 1: Installed 382.53 driver. At first glance it seems that fixed it.

Edit 2: BF1 still feels like a turd. Better, but still bad. Avg around 90-120 fps but feels more like 40-60 fps. Also using g-sync.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  7. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Anyone know where i can get a legit image of Windows 10 without Creators update embedded? The one using Mediacreationtool seems to come with Creators update.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

If anyone is in need for the image.

1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    NB: Need to use Edge browser.
    2. Press F12 on your keyboard.
    3. Select Emulation tab.
    4. Under "Mode" > "User agent string" select "Apple Safari (iPad)".

Wait for the page to automatically refresh and you will be able to select which version you want to download.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    July 11, 2017—KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483)

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue introduced by KB4022716 where Internet Explorer 11 may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
    • Addressed issue to improve MediaCreationTool.exe support for Setup Tourniquet scenarios.
    • Addressed issue with CoreMessaging.dll that may cause 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the Windows OS.
    • Addressed an issue where Visual Studio or a WPF application may terminate unexpectedly (stops responding, followed by a crash) when running on a pen and/or touch enabled machine with Windows 10 Creators Update.
    • Addressed issue that causes the system to crash when certain USB devices are unplugged while the system is asleep.
    • Addressed issues with screen orientation that stops working after lid close and lid open transitions.
    • Addressed issue that causes .jpx and .jbig2 images to stop rendering in PDF files.
    • Addressed issue where users could not elevate to Administrator through the User Account Control (UAC) dialog when using a smart card.
    • Addressed issue where input using the Korean handwriting feature dropped the last character of a word or moved it to the next line incorrectly.
    • Addressed issue with a race condition between the App-V Catalog Manager and the Profile Roaming Service. A new registry key is available to control the waiting period for App-V Catalog Manager, which allows any third-party Profile Roaming Service to complete.
    • Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows shell, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, ASP.NET, Microsoft PowerShell, and the .NET Framework.

This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Code:
    [*]Addressed issue with CoreMessaging.dll that may cause 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the Windows OS.
    yep this fixed Swtor from crashing to desktop if tabing out before loading character.

Now lets see how long it take them to fix the Startbar when set to auto hide from breaking and just show white line where start bar is that dont open till at one alt tabs, or maybe lucked out and that got fixed too

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Future reference you can get them all from here with any browser
    https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

11. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Cool, ty :)

Downgrading to AU update solved all my problems, so seems that MS have a few issues with CU they need to iron out before I upgrade again.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Todays Updates seems to have messed up my SoundBlaster ZxR.

I rolled back earlier today to last friday and the problem was gone... ofcourse it downloaded the updates again and after a reboot the sound was messed up again.

I now rolled back to June 6th, which was before i installed the Creators Update and so far it's all normal. There are new updates in the Queue though, including the ones of this week for 1607, but it's slow DLing.

Ill report back later when it has DLed and installed those.

13. OrionCheung

OrionCheung Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So i rolled back to the Anniversary Update and applied the same July 11th Update, and now the sound works fine.

It seems to be a combination of Creators Update + July 11th which is causing issues with the SoundBlaster ZxR... atleast for me.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Microsoft really know how to annoy their users, don't they?

For example, I've noticed that Cortana "nags" users to enter their mobile number to install it on your phone and even if you click the "Not Now" button it will constantly appear until you install Cortana on your phone (in my case, on my HTC One M8 and activate it). What happens if you don't have a mobile phone, Microsoft? This kind of bullying is really not on IMO. Apple would never do that to their customers so why do Microsoft?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

16. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Same with OneDrive. Click "Not now" when asked to sync the folders... Microshaft syncs it anyway!

Also installing Candycrush and what not that i never asked for at first boot so that WU have to wait for that slow ass Windows store to install these f'ing games! *triggered*

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    interesting I have not heard peep from cortana since I fresh installed CU, then again i dont have smart phone, and disable most options from cortana and removed one drive

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just reinstalled Win 10 via the Media Creation Tool on USB Stick, so it installed 1703 instantly.

Applied the latest updates and now it's all working fine.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows 10 build 10.0.15063.0 (rs2_release_svc_refresh.170710-1358) RTM RS2 WSUS REFRESHED ESD

Code:
    https://pastebin.com/raw/1ZfXJWgv
    Decrypter (credit aboddi1406 MDL)
    Code:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8p2M/vGXX5bhoM

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's going to be superseded in a month but better late than never :p