I miss being a kid so much!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by StewieTech, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I infer most of you weren't orphans.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I was lucky to have mom and daddy that were there...My daddy died this past november...I miss him every day.

3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    +1, your threads are always a bit cringe.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Sorry to hear that bud, you wont stop missing them, but in time the tears will be for happy memories. ;)

Only thing i miss abut being a kid are all those gone who were there when you were young, i would love to chat to them now as a grown adult, would be amazing.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    'member being a kid? That was fantastic!

**** school :p

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I don't miss being a kid.I see the world for what it truly is.It has lost it's enchantment for me I'm afraid.Well, until I learn how to use alchemy that is.:evil::evil::evil:

But then that begs the question!? Why is the #1 rule of magic, not to create money!? Paper money has the same dimensions of talismans.You use talismans to bind spells to objects, living or dead...hmmm.

7. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    I am sorry.

8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I got my first decent enough full-time job 4 months after graduating Uni last June at age 22.

Now I really wish I could go back to when I was job hunting! >.<

The only plus side was that I could finally upgrade my potato GPU and CPU! :nerd:

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is one of the basis of our **** society.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    StewieTech, you STILL are a kid, just a BIG kid, like many of us. Keep smiling and be happy :)

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I miss childhood to a certain point. I think it's natural.

I miss not having a mortgage. I miss super nintendo. I miss cell phones not running everyone's lives. I miss Wrestlefest at the arcade, I miss wrestling from the early 90's.

Everyone cherishes that. Like...I see a revisionist history. Example; people younger than me think n64 was the greatest system ever. It was a flop. It was the system that forced devs to jump to Sony PsOne. Square took FF7 to PsOne etc. It was the start of Nintendo's 3rd party drought that continues today. But to people that are about 5-8 years younger than me? That system is magic. For me? That's snes. And for people older than me, it's nes, or coleco vision, etc. It's perspective and a certain age.

Now on the flip side, we also romanticize our past. As easily as I can think of those fond memories, I can also remember my mom being beaten by her alcoholic boyfriend and me at 6 staying up until 2 or 3 am worried for her (I'd run out there and beg him to leave her alone when he started and he would). I was bullied horribly in high school, I went to a high school that was 85% african american and they made sure to give my white ass a hard time. A very, very hard time. My mom died of an extremely rare cancer at 41. I was 19.

So with the good there is bad. If I just want to focus on video games and simpler times, I miss it. Overall? Nope. I don't want to relive half the crap I've seen, unfortunately.

12. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    the end began when you wrote this post; grow up and act how you want to act, child or otherwise.

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    few things i miss like not paying taxes and being able to play football until 10 at night.

But things are so much better being an adult ;)

14. b101uk

b101uk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070
    I have a lot more toys now than I did as a kid......

I am also semi retired in my 40's and divorced, lol