Replacment for dogy Nvidia cards in ATI

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Andrew Neilson, May 20, 2013.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    No offense taken. I understand the frustration, I'd be in rage by now.

Take Darkest's advice into consideration. Perhaps more troubleshooting is needed before you decide to make the switch or not.

Anyways, if you do make the switch, I'm sure CrossFire would be working on the cards you'd pick, and if they don't, you'd have to troubleshoot anyways.

7970s perform quite better on multi-monitor too, so that's an added bonus in terms of performance.

2. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    I had considered that maybe I was jumping the gun, but I believe the new Xpac coming for Windows 8 doesn't have any SLI/ spanning updates. At least none that I can find out about. I will check up on this sapphire item thanks alot for that.
    It's funny, because ATI do quite well on their hardware, an badly on drivers, yet Nvidia are meant to be other way around. From my personal experience, you guys here are more professional than nvidia/Asus sites are.

3. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    I noticed looking at Flex thing is the Sapphire cards can only do Xfire at 60htz. So if I ever upgrade my VE278Q's I wont be able to use 120 hertz screens.Is the flex a hub, or an actual vid card? I am not quite sure.Cant seem to find anything that actually shows this Flex item...

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
  6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Yeah, I've seen that, it's the standard after market cooler for Sapphire 7900 cards. I'm sure I've seen a 7970 Flexx advertised though, unless it was a dodgy ebay listing or something.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You spent $1700 on two 680's?

8. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    ahh ok, thats a shame, not much use to me if I cant run 3 screens. :( Have you guys noticed much complaining about the 7990 as yet ? I have found a few issues, but nothing that seems to drastic. I was wondering overnight if the 7990 wpould out perform the duel 680s or not.

As for the cost of the cards, yes mate, Welcome to Australia :)..I live in Southern Tasmania everything is expensive down here heh

Apparently Windows 8 has trouble doing multi monitors, yet I can run all 3 of my screens in normal mode just fine...

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    HD7990 or asus Mars 2 are the only choise you have... 7970 is the same as 680 despite what fan boy from one side or other will told you.

never say never :)

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    wow really expensive... i mean really really

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT

btw if you go ATI those 2 brand are highly recomended

12. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    yer the Sapphire vapor one looks interesting.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Great cards.