Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Was the new ME going to use the Frostbite Engine?

Something I think I read a while ago.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yes. I believe all future Bioware games will be using it as well.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If the game is anything like ME3 they can keep it. The first two Mass Effect games were amongst the best titles I'd ever played, the third pretty much ruined the entire series for me. I'm not just talking about the half-arsed ending either, I could literally go on all day about what was wrong with ME3.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    According to Bioware's SDCC panel, they discussed some tidbits about ME4. The game is still a few years off from release and will be on PS4/XB1 and PC only. The main character will not be Shepard, but it will be a human and the game will be set during Shepard's timeline. Most likely in another part of the galaxy. Also, the Mako will make its return.

5. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    ME1 (and to a slightly lesser extent ME2) was roleplay first, action second. The fact that BioWare shifted the focus of the series to primarily action with the illusion of role play is what stopping me from getting excited over ME4.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AFAIK Casey Hudson is still involved with the game. I wouldn't care if it gets canned.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I actually felt sorry for that guy during the ME3 fiasco. The death threats he was getting via twitter and on forums were simply uncalled for. I understand a lot of people, myself included, didn't like the direction Mass Effect 3 went. But to threaten a mans life over a damn video game is just stupid.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  8. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    But, he's not in charge. My concern is the lead writer and side writers. They could cheese up the game as they did with ME3.
    I hope ME4 will become an action RPG for sci-fi just what the Dark souls is for fantasy RPG.

9. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025

I don't feel sorry for the a-hole at all. He took it upon himself to send the writers home and finish the game himself and turned the greatest game trilogy ever made into a steaming pile of crap. I still can't believe they didn't fire him, and even more amazingly... they put him in charge of Mass Effect 4. Even employees at bioware are shocked he's still there. I know one of them personally and they are NOT happy.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last ten minutes or so were utter crap in ME4. They just have to fix that in ME4 somehow.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The best Mass Effect is by far ME1. And not only as a new franchise but the in-game cuztomisation of gear/ evolution of skill is more complexe. Some part of map are more open-space than the 2 others (the citadel in ME1 is way better than the linear and small version of 2&3)

ME2 & ME3 are console port for me. Even if the storytelling delivers.

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Fixed that for you ;)

You're a dumbass if you think death threats are ok.

13. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    How does a lack of remorse translate to thinking death threats are ok?
    The two are not synonymous.

14. Nightowl225

Nightowl225 Master Guru

GPU:
    Two ASUS GTX 760 in SLI
    You must remember and this was mentioned on the Bioware forums and a few other places quite awhile back, the reason there was so many plot holes in ME3 and why it sucked, as that Mac Walters replaced Drew Karpyshin as lead writer, and it's known that Mac Walters isn't that great when it comes to writing a Mass Effect story. By the time Mac Walters got done writing the "final story" for Mass Effect 3, there were so many plot holes and it was so full of cheese as you say, it wasn't even funny.

What worry's me, is that if Mac Walters is involved in writing it, the next Mass Effect game is going to have a mess of a story and be so full of plot holes it isn't even funny.

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I liked ME3 the best except for the ending. ME2 combat was far too linear for my taste.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    ME3 combat was best but animations were horrible (and you couldn't even put your weapon down). ME1 had crouching. ME2 conversations and interaction was best in the series. Also graphically ME3 was one step forward in some cases and one step backwards in some. Story wise ME3 was mostly fine but those last ten or so minutes killed the game.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    He just left BioWare.

18. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    On easy way or hard way?

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Does it matter?

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I hated the story for M3, in fact I hated most of the game. It had devolved into a sub par third person shooter with very little to do and a bunch of badly conceived and often conflicting plot points. As for the visuals, the 2D sprites were an absolute insult, I felt like I was playing Duke Nukem 3D every time I charged through smoke. Don't even get me started on the Tali unmasking. Speaking of insults, the fact a member of the IGN review staff was invited to do voice work for the game was insanity. It never should have been allowed.

ME3 was the final nail in the coffin for Bioware as far as I'm concerned, I used to buy all their games day one. Then we had three major flops in a row after EA got their claws into the company, I wont be buying any of their games from now on unless there's a massive turn around.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014