Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    dude you are entitled to your opinion nothing to take it down for.

I don't think its an evil plant
    its sorta like power

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The bold part is pretty black and white tbh and there's a whole grey area to work with on this subject.

The italic part I understand and makes sense.

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Pretty much nailed it.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I would recommend to read "The Biology of Desire: Why Addiction Is Not a Disease" by Marc Lewis PhD (ISBN 978-1610394376).
    According to modern neurobiology it is not alcohol/narcotic (as a chemical) that leads to brain transformation when you are addicted. Pattern of transformation is the same as with any other thing that brings us positive emotions - like love, sex, cakes, movies, etc.
    Dynamic is the same all the time:
    - we taste something new and we like it very much;
    - we feel positive emotions;
    - we memorise that this new thing we like;
    - we create motivation to repeat.
    This dynamic always creates new links either between neurons inside special regions in brain and between regions themselves. This is called learning. And the more we repeat new positive experience the more strong new pattern in brain.
    But alcohol/narcotic tends to be very positive emotionally (especially at first) and it brings (temporal and fictional) protection or solution for problems. So if we have deep psychological problems and we not just get high from alcohol/narcotic but we feel deep relieve then the risk to become addicted is substantial.
    When we are addicted we strengthen pattern created in brain and we weaken all other patterns (like social behaviour, old habits, old tastes etc).

So be careful guys.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I used to smoke weed in UNI in California. Fun times.

Just do what you want. If you smoke, good for you, if you don't, good for you and if you have a problem with anyone doing what they like (as long as it is not harmless to others) then screw you!

Don't see why all these morale threads are popping up in the pub. First we had the twitch girl stalker and now the weed smoker. Honestly, who cares?

If weed is your thing, then do it, if not then don't do it. Simple as.

6. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    As said earlier, legalize it and tax it (Denmark here).
    Ban smoking it in public places tho...smells horrible lol :)

As for side effects...doubt they're worse than alchohol really, unless ppl go off the deep end... in which case most things fun are harmful...

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Remember to cut your fart fan on before GF comes in dude...,,:D

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^26 years together means you no longer have anything to, or worth, hiding, well apart from the cost of a new video card, as far as she knows every single card cost's £99, and are required even if you only shopping on the net. ;)

9. Jujudlapampa

Jujudlapampa Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX1070 2088/2302
    Just a fun fact : French are the biggest consumers of MJ in Europe, while it's illegal here. Way above the Netherlands.

I think legalizing it won't change much for the average joe.

As previously said it's all about restrain, if you're psychologically stable enough to not be tempted to dive into it, and if you're reasonable, the pros might overcome the cons. Although most people aren't in my opinion, but that's matter for another debate.

It's a good anti-stress/tension reliever. Clearly not the healthiest, nor the worst.
    I feel like this shouldn't be that big of a deal, it most likely is because of the "drug" affix as Alanm stated.

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Its legal in my state of Washington. I smoke almost every day. I absolutely love it. Much better than drinking. I still love my beer, but weed helps me sleep and thats a big deal to me. And now that its legal, there are all kinds of crazy things they are coming up with. You can vape it, take it in pill form, smoke it, eat it, drink it....You do not have to labeled as a smoker to enjoy the benefits of weed. It just has a stigma to it, although now that its legal I am finding it hard to find people who are actually opposed to it. Just be smart about it. I dont smoke and drive. I dont go to work stoned. I dont have my kid every other weekend and sit there baked out of my skull. Its no different than anything else. Moderation is key.

Obesity in America is a much higher concern than weed.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    The drug itself is not dangerous, the strongest evidence suggests heavy prolonged use may contribute to lower iq and increased risk of developing mental disorders in young people (<24~), In adults (that did not use cannabis during adolescence) there is virtually no evidence that it has significant longterm side effects on the user regardless of the amount used.

While this may be undesirable that young people are at increased risk if it is legalized, consider that childhood diabetes and obesity(as mentioned by DerSchniffles) have a far greater impact on the longterm success and health of people. Eating in excess is probably more dangerous to your longterm health than smoking weed 5 times a day.

Due to this , I cannot think of any reason it should be illegal, and or should be treated as a harmful substance. Seems rather unjust to imprision people for wanting to relax in their spare time or desire relief from pain and other medical conditions.

There should still be restrictions of course (operating heavy machinery ect) due to its short term effects.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Over here in Belgium it's in some grey legal area.

In some cities the cops won't do anything unless you're doing something stupid like smoking in front of a school (then they will kindly ask you first to move somewhere else).

In other cities they will arrest you.

It should simply be legalized with restrictions similar to alcohol.

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I don't smoke it, never did.I just hate the smell.But i hate with a passion drunk people pissing all over and smell even worse.
    Moderation is the key.It is a big thing to admit a certain level of hypocrisy, and do something about it.
    I enjoy a drink now and then, so i safely assume that someone, outhere can also enjoy weed.I still have to hear at the news that a stoned person caused havoc, killed people or harmed oneself, like drunk people do.
    Just tax it, put some restrictions, and maybe everyone has to benefit.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I've tried it a few times, it tastes disgusting in your mouth and yea it kinda smells.

Once i smoked too much, i took to many hits and it was a heavy one, it felt amazing at first but then got really sick and puked a lot.
    Never took it again, but it was my own stupid fault to take so much as a beginner.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    There are very different types of weed. I don't like the heavy ones either, I prefer the slow relaxing ones.

The relaxing ones are also better against pain imo.

airbud7 likes this.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Basically, you had a "whitey". :nerd:

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Too be 'blunt' about it.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm actually thinking of asking my doctor if i can smoke it for anxiety cause i heard marijuana is a good medicine for it.
    Cause the medicine i have now is just temporary as it stops working later on. (oxazepam)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  19. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Just like alcohol, you need to build a tolerance to weed. When you first start, you get rocked pretty hard every time but as your tolerance builds up, it becomes much more medicinal and you become quite a bit more functional. You can smoke more without feeling completely useless. When I smoke, I usually start with 2 bowls...for someone who has never smoked, that would completely destroy them haha. When I first started smoking, I could take 2 or 3 tokes and be messed up and then I could come back in 2 hours and finish the rest of the bowl.

Just remember to start slow and find your limits and be comfortable. If you want to smoke for anxiety, you cant start off tough and expect it to work. You might get more anxiety if you get ripped out of your mind without building a tolerance. Start off with 1 bong rip and just see how it feels and if its working for you or not. A high tolerance can take a couple months, so there is no need to rush. And for you, having a high tolerance may be counter productive to what you are using it for.

Also, try different methods of using it. I know alot of my friends like it in vape form and swear by it. I think its terrible. I dont get the full feeling and it takes way to much for me to actually get the high I am looking for. Some people love dabs or crush or edibles. I personally just use a bong. It feels the best, has good flavor (again, like beer its an acquired taste), and has just the right amount of high for me.

Enjoy!

20. platypus

platypus Guest

GPU:
    some asus 290x
    What is a dab?

I've never heard the term before.