Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The problem with weed is that it has an image problem, they call it a 'drug'. Heroin is also called a drug. And by inference, dumb twats equate the two equally or in the same vein (no pun intended) simply because they fall under same heading 'drugs'.

Alcohol is incredibly left out of this because the fckwits who pass the laws are themselves drinkers.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. nateluthje

nateluthje Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080 SLI
    Weed should be legalised for medicinal purposes. Studies have shown it it very effective with people with cases of epilepsy that cannot be controlled by and other drug(s). It is also one of the most effective drugs for pain relief (especially chronic pain that is not controlled by narcotics).

You have to remember that medicinal marijuana has a sightly different chemical composition so there is no risk of "getting high" So yes, I believe it should be legalised for medicinal purposes under the treatment of a doctor.

3. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Im high on medical mj right now. So you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, like 90 percent of the people on this entire website.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    He's probably thinking medical MJ is always high in *** and low in THC. Depends upon the strain and if you're using flower or some form of extract. Well you know. Pretty much an infinite variety with all those cool names.

5. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    ... get high as hell. :D

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Should be legalised, but, I also think we should be allowed to grow our own. Taxing it is fine as well, but, that should be for a sub-set of products. For me, it's about removing the dealers and giving people back control of it while also allowing our government to make money from it. What I don't want to see is the government replacing dealers only.

However, the most important thing is how we regulate it.

It should be regulated harshly, as harshly as drink+mobile phones for driving, as well as other social aspects of it e.g. high while looking after children etc.

It should be banned in all occupations while at work, no excuses. Make it a sackable offence without benefits.

Regulate it so it can't be abused. Also, I fully agree it does dumb-down people who are high. It also enhances most forms of entertainment for the user as enjoyment level is increased. On the otherhand, it can also induce paranoia and make mental problems worse. There's a lot of positive medical conditions it can help ease, while also other problems it can cause or introduce.

7. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    ^^ so much this.

I smoke most days, but in moderation. I feel completely fine doing this without it feeling like I’m causing myself harm. I have no perceived hangovers in the morning or regrets whilst 'under the influence'. I am able to fully contribute in my working day and I have an active social life as well as fulfilling relationships with people that are not smokers.

I drink maybe once or twice a month on average and if it’s for a big occasion and I have a few too many then the effects of that 'drug' are magnitudes worse and the effects on my body can last for days.

Look at the money certain states are making from taxing weed. People argue that it is a gate way drug but if the shop you purchase it from is only selling weed rather than a dealer who could provide access to any number of life destroying substances I don’t think numbers of drug addicts would go up or that society would start to fall apart.

It’s an opportunity to improve crime rates, raise some taxes and allow people access to something legally that is far less harmful than alcohol and tobacco without forcing them to commit a crime to do it.

Personal freedom of choice is something that the west bang on about all the time yet something as simple and harmless as cannabis possession has put alot of otherwise law abiding people behind bars..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Drugs, whether its alcohol, nicotine or weed is a difficult question to talk about. For those who can control it it's of course great - drinking a chilled IPA, smoking a cuban cigar or smoking some weed are all stimulants who affect our senses and lets us "take a pause from the real world".

Problem is that there are a lot of people out there who cant control themselves, and ultimately it will me us who will have to pay for their care when they get sick, miss work and so forth. Those who can control themselves will have to pay to take care of the others who cant. If we were to ban everything it would be less fun but we'd have more money.

So, can anyone decide who can use drugs or not? Of course not, which is the main problem. That's why this issue will always be divided into two groups, those who support and those who dont. My guess is that the teams will always be around 50/50.

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Here in the US, opium and heroine were legal at one point in the early 1900's. They were eventually banned. During that time marijuana was against Federal law and still is. Cannot wrap my head around this one bit. Without the missing facts not sure why this was. Was hemp considered a major threat to the cotton industry?

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Interesting theory about that...

http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Thanks for the article. DuPont and Nixon... Interesting how lives are impacted by racially motivated actions that occurred almost a century ago.

12. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    I don't see any need to voluntarily alter your brain chemistry for no reason. The world is quite spectacular and interesting as it is.

Also hate the smell, get it all the time wafting around here since it became legal in Oregon.

13. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Marijuana is actually good for Asthma and one of the recognized medical uses for it. I have severe asthma, as long as I have a little weed to smoke once a day I'm fine. Without it my asthma goes nuts and then it's back to the ventolin inhaler.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    first off I will not even argue "safety of our kids" or "bloodmoney" bullcrap you hear.

#1 gateway drug is alcohol and that's legal and kills a lot of people every year the leading cause as a matter of fact.
    high school football kills more kids then cannabis ever did.

its the money
    who loses the most?

1 cops jails and judicial systems
    that's a big money train right there they can say they want the evils of this plant to be gone but they are getting cuts enough in bugets these days

2 big pharm
    in a states like mine if I was on my death bed I could get legL MMJ but if I cant sleep I have to get xannax.remember they cant patient cannabis.
    they funnel a lot of cash to most politics of both side

3 liquor and beer makers
    it has been shown in legal states alcohol use id down 18-24% and well since its hard to get the money the tobacco industry feeds the pockets to last you gotta get it from the beer makers since that's still ok.

4 the underworld
    you know where you gotta go to get weed when you guys is out.

I am not taking baby steps here you guys all know.
    when the racist laws were enforced back n the day t was a big f storm,they even got other countries in on it.

just decimalize it for small amount up to 26g on you 1/4lb per home user max 25 plant grows and you cant sell it at all.
    then as time goes on you get some commercial regs in place then some shops(limits on how many a mile and safe places).

if some would take the time to read in states studies its use among teens is down in legal states
    so don't give me the blood money gateway drug.
    its safety was never in question

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Smoking anything is just stupid. I also hate smokers who do not think others. I don't want to inhale their fumes so they better smoke somewhere in private.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ha that reminds me ....4 out of 5 doctors recommend pall mall

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Camel...:D

[​IMG]

18. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    :3eyes:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  19. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    MJ is a perfect symptomatic drug for chronic pain management. It helped my grandma deal with cancer.

And guess what? They vaporize it! Doctors give them vaporizers. So for those daft idiots who think MJ isnt a drug because it doesn't "cure diseases" (lol) many drugs dont, they just treat symptoms.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDDGqrY8-VI