The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    You can either consider waiting for the "Week 1" BIOS update or read through this:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X370-PRO/PRIME-X370-PRO_Memory_QVL.pdf

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks for sharing.

Please post and share your results on this tread ,really looking forward to it.

Good information , thanks for clarifying the vrm phases on those mobos. This is work in progress we really need more information. I guess once people start receiving their Ryzen platform and share their findings on this unified tread we will find out by ourselves much , much more.

Thanks for sharing , yes from this point forward things will get much better.

Nice , thank you for the kind words. Do not forget to share your findings here on this unified tread.

Ram is still a hit or miss , i will let you know on monday when my Ryzen gets here. I have 2x8Gb of G.Skill DDR4-3200Mhz cas 15-15-15-35 @ 1.35v ( Samsung B-die ic ) and Team Vulkan 2x8Gb DDR4-2400Mhz cas 14-16-16-31 at 1.2v ( SK-Hynix ic ) ready for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Updated Cooling Section Today March 3 , 2017 ***

Monday morning finally my first Ryzen will be here. I will be receiving the cheapest x370 motherboard available BIOSTAR X370GT5 and a x1700 , later on next week ( before Friday ) i will be receiving my Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370. I will update and share my findings starting monday morning.

Ryzen soon ...

3. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Has a week 1 bios update been confirmed?

It's really weird, once I got home from work today without changing anything since it was functional, the 8GB stick I bought for compatibility purposes stopped posting and one of the 16GB sticks I had from before started working, although I couldn't get the other 16GB stick to post even by itself so I'm not sure if it's DOA or if it might just be because of the BIOs being buggy as hell, I'm leaning towards the latter since I doubt the 8GB stick just happened to die on me too.

Also my 1800x isn't boosting to 4GHz by stock, seems to cap out at 3850Mhz, and if I raise it to 4GHz manually it's not stable. That could either be related to the memory as well, or possibly insufficient cooling, I'm just using a coolermaster 212 evo until I get my compatibility bracket for my h110.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I wonder why this should matter when these chips have extremely limited headroom to begin with.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ASRock boards now available here too!

Ouch, X370 Taichi is 290 EUR. The Killer SLI and Gaming K4 are 180-190 EUR, similar to Asus Prime X370.

Featurewise they seem very similar, Taichi has more power phases (16) and 60A chokes vs. 12 phases and 45A chokes on Killer SLI and Gaming K4.

Wonder what makes the 100 EUR difference. Does Taichi use all around better components?

All of these boards (Taichi, Killer SLI, Gaming K4) use 12K Nichicon black caps though.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm:
    Taichi name & brand +80€
    rest is ~20€ lolz

I wll go for ASUS C.Hero VI (267€) + ZEN 1700 65tW (329€)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Tbh that's what I was thinking, given near identical specs. Gaming K4, Killer SLI or Asus Prime then.

There, motherboard choices narrowed down already :)
    Just need to wait for 6c R5 now.

9. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Just remember software is a big deal too, it seems like the Hero has more RAM compatibility than the Prime and it's being supported with beta bioses, whereas as of the time of this reply there's nothing for Prime (maybe this will change in the future).

Also the Hero has USB flashback which lets you flash bioses even without a CPU or RAM installed, so if you run into problems you can more easily fix it that way. (The Prime doesn't support this)

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah good points, but like said I'll wait for R5 cpus before upgrading so by that time most mobos should have updated bioses and ram compatibility etc.

Ofc I will decide which is best at the moment but Asus and ASRock are the only brands I'm considering and those models fit my price bracket.

Should have good price vs. quality ratio.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you Guru3D for doing a sticky on this tread :thumbup:. Now it's official guys we have our own tread where everybody can share , help , post their findings , benchmarks , testing , overclocking results , tweaking , ask questions , anything related to Ryzen and pictures of your Ryzen builds. Everybody is welcome into this tread , as it will be based on the AMD Ryzen community feedback so it will get better as times goes by and we find how to squeezed every bit of performance out of our Ryzen systems

I would ask everybody to keep this tread clean , please no trolling allowed , no discussions Intel versus AMD allowed , other than that let's have fun with this brand new platform.

I have already began today taking apart and disassemble my old rig in preparation for monday morning where i will start assembling my first of two Ryzen builts i'm doing. Let's get started shall we :D

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Exactly what I'm thinking, Hero VI and 1700. Now just have to wait a little bit for the kinks to be ironed out, a couple of bios updates, windows update and the mother of all, your guys' impressions. This waiting is killing me.

Great thread chispy btw, good man.

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for the support and kind words my old friend. eclap i have seen and talked to some of my friends overclockers and indeed they are getting lucky with the R7 1700 65w and great overclocking results , a couple 4.2Ghz stable 24/7 cpus already floating around with the new bios updates on Asus CH 6 hero and DDR4-3600Mhz memory on a beta bios , i was told by Asus that they will improve on memory compatibility , overclocking and stability on the next Bios release , expect new Bios this coming week. Indeed overclocking will improve with newer Bios as you already seen all over the web , it makes a big difference.

Thank you for sharing Turanis.

15. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    From what I'm reading, the 1700 also runs cooler than the other 2 Ryzen CPUs, some say by 10°C. Sounds promising. Honestly, I'd be happy with 4ghz and 3200mhz ram. That would be quite nice.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  20. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Ladies and Gents,

my 1800x and MSI B350 Tomahawk just came and Windows is freshly installed:banana:. Windows 10 installed in comparison with my FX8350 in about half the time :3eyes:.

I'm on installing all required Software at the Moment, any benchies requests??:nerd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.