Intel’s Haswell Could Be Last Interchangeable Desktop Microprocessors - Report.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ViperXtreme, Nov 27, 2012.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Make up your mind. :p

2. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    no......and what if i dont have the cash, then 4 months later upgrade....wtf...everything new....wake up AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    there would be custom cooler for the embedded CPU, Direct CU III or Quad Frozr '__'

4. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    Its like pc apple.....**** this YAY PC;S ARE TURNING INTO VIDEO CARDS! REASON WHY APPLE AND MAC NEVER MIXED WITH ME. OR ANY OF US. TELL APPLE TO GO BACK TO MOTOROLLA AND TELL INTEL TO GO BACK TO THE PC AND DROP THE BULL****

AND THE VIDEO CARD COMPANIES NEED TO STOP PLAYING WITH EVERYONES ****ING WALLETS ON VIDEO MEMORY IN REFRESH SELLS.....IF THE CHIP SUPPORTS 12GB ON TOP SPEC THEN GIVE US 12GB NOT ****ING 6GB ON A CHIPP @ 500 DOLLAR PRICE POINT THEN RELEASE THE 12GB @ 500 DOLLARS 6-8 MONTHS LATER ONLY FOR THE NEXT NEW GEN WITH FASTER CHIPS AND SLIGHTY MORE MEMORY UPGRADE AGIAN FOR THAT REVISION.....

DAMIT LISTEN TO US...****

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

5. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    Has anyone noticed how since 2000-2008 teh world has started going backwards in everything? For e.g. back in the 80s we could travel with 2 bags and smoke in the planes without any issues. And there was ever any issues with that. Nowadays, we cannot do smoke, we can only have 1 bag on the plane (if not even freaking pay $$ for it), and were all pointed as possible terrorists until we go through the scanner... food on board will no longer be free in few years!

And now the PC industry is heading that way too, :pc1: Pcs are going smaller but not that powerful.. to the contrary, looks like PC performance isnt anymore that big deal, and tablets are more putting the goal on energy efficiency, consumption and portability..:bang:

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    well this makes me regret my 3770 purchase a bit...
    But remember to intel mainstream is below $1k. This is looking grim.

8. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    we need more of u

9. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Sounds like a terrible idea to me that will hurt sales. One of the reasons why I choose a desktop over a notebook is that parts are easily interchangeable. Can't see people upgrading as much should a CPU/GPU upgrade always require a new mainboard which would also mean a clean windows install. It would not just be unnecessary expensive, but also quite a hassle that even those people who do not really mind the additional costs would rather avoid.

10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    except for the whole smoking bit. I'd rather not inhale anyone elses smoke on a plane trip or anywhere for that fact. But I don't mean to derail the thread.
    These days they are trying to find value in existing chips rather than improve it seems. Mostly because of the cellphone marketing I am thinking.

11. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    cell phones are a problem with human life..... PERIOD.

12. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    As long as it acts like a drug and sells...there all over it...even if it means to destroy the desktops for ****ing cell phones and mobile bull**** devices....what the **** happened to performance....have you seen boats latley...go out to the lake...let me know how many outboards and v-8;s and all the good **** that used to make going out to the lake fun....it aint there....like the computer world....

13. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
  14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    looks like intel maybe making a slow move towards the console market.

But this doesnt surprise me, i think the corporations of the world have been looking to remove consumer choice for awhile now as it's easier/cheaper to just put out what they want us to use and with minimal interference from the end user to better protect their IPs. clearly human tech has hit a wall in this economy, or greed has found out how to climb over one and progress further.

15. Jcazz

Jcazz Master Guru

GPU:
    Tri-fire 5870
    THIS ISNT COMMUNIST CHINA DAMIT....ITS AMERICA...U HAVE THE MONEY U SHOULD HAVE THE OPTIONS REGARDLESS.......**** THIS NEW WAY OF LIFE.. blow something up

16. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Is this where desktop cpu will transistion to GPGPU style like the one found on WII U and PS4 consoles looks like it, and its the way of the future looks like intel saw its more effecient, and faster that way. the only bad side is u cant upgrade the cpu.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Really? start blowing things up coz ur choice in toys has been reduced, hardly. I rather just jump ship and go to amd if they decide to not follow the same route as intel, hell this could be an opportunity for AMD to take back the market if they're smart..... and if this aint just another rumor.

Remember, if a company doesnt provide the consumer with what they want then said company will have to deal with the outcome of consumer backlash.

seriously, blow something up over rubbish like this. Read the news much buddy, there are way bigger problems in the world.

18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Communist China that will shortly overtake the US as the world’s largest economy.

19. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I vote a government building. :D

And yes, this whole new direction with Intel really does suck.

Now if you'll excuse me, bacon and eggs time. [​IMG]

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    May I suggest you take a chill pill ? Drop the CAPS and write in a normal fashion please.