AMD hybrid Temash and Kabini systems demonstrated

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD showed off a quad-core Temash APU based business-oriented tablet as well as a multimedia-oriented convertible notebook/tablet based on the Kabini APU. Separately, AMD demonstrated AMD A6 ...

AMD hybrid Temash and Kabini systems demonstrated

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    "The Other Guys" LOL!!!! Best thing in that demo video. Nice one. :D

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    inb4 ermahgerdamdsuxors!!!!

That's not bad for an entry level tablet

4. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Nice! That's what I'm looking for in an entry level portable computing device. If my laptop ever dies I think I'll be taking a very serious look at one of these.

Anyone heard confirmed pricing on these?

5. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Indeed, my AMD C50 tablet can run a lot, but the CPU part really falls short with only 1ghz. The 6250 is pretty decent for a lot of older games (like Freelancer or any Quake III based game) but it's not that great for slightly more demanding software.

Let's just hope it's affordable. I'm still waiting for a decent performing tablet at a nice price to replace my W500. The only performance improvements that have been made since are build quality and battery life. Performance is as low as it was more than 2 years ago (or even lower, the new atoms are very slow, especially GPU-wise)

Android and iOS tablets are nice, but if you really want to do something more with the tablet than just browse and fiddle with apps that can't really do very much, you're still going to want a decent x86 one.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I wouldn't mind if they built an ultrabook running the Kabini APU. It'd be great for on the go computing.

I'm looking forward to replacing my 6 year old MacBook and a Kabini APU powered ultrabook would do the trick.

Bobcat sucked, so I'm hoping Kabini can fill the gap as an in-between of Bobcat and Trinity.

Add a 7" tablet as a companion mobile device, it'll be even better.

deltatux

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013