Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    ^not even Division?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I haven't played since last weekend.. was sort of waiting for there to be a patch as well...

Has Ubisoft said anything about upcoming patch?

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    " [​IMG] " - Ubisoft

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    No, this B.S must be punished. It's not OK for Ubisoft to release their games in this manner.

I expect minor performance issues with newly released PC games, because that's just the nature of the PC. But MAJOR ones like this are something else entirely..

And what really ticks me off, is that Ubisoft tried to play this off as though it was because of the PC lacking unified memory. ****ing bull**** man!

It's because of their sloppy ass code why it runs the way it does. And FYI, the game is very playable on my rig as I have the 4GB GTX 770s. But there are still problems with smoothness..

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's a shame because the game is pretty fun, but the stutter is putting me off from playing it.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yes, i lost 1 online challenge and a guy shadowing me escaped after i identified him. Also shot 2 guys in their cars when they were trying to hack me.

Fun :D

8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I had a couple invasions and did a couple myself.. as well as the mobile challenges.. fun stuff. My biggest complaint is that it seems like mobile challenges like to disconnect... ruins the fun to where I hardly care to do them anymore.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Alone is so damn good. Can't believe it took me so long to find out what it was.

10. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Article

It does indeed run and I get the occasional freeze issues. What I can't seem to understand is why I have to go offline for the player controls to actually work.

11. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Agreed, it's a lot of fun, and was very surprised to see that it even had it's own skill set you could upgrade. Cool stuff.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yeah, feels like Neo in a Matrix training program :D

Now if only we'd have KUNG FU

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    PC - Frame rate stutter on high end GPU

Game stutters on ultra textures and other lower settings on certain hardware.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...690-unplayable

[Status] We are still investigating on this issue. If you’re experiencing this and have not filed on a ticket yet, please do so at support.ubi.com
    We’ll keep you updated on the progress.

After a couple of days, they still investigating the issue, hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)))))))))) what a joke ubisoft is these days...

They can investigate in my hole, if they want...

Whats to investigate ? They need 7 things

-grab a PC
    -install a 2gb video card
    -install windows 7 or 8
    -install the game
    -play at whatever setting, high, low, medium
    -see stuttering
    -profit

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  14. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Bug fixing is not easy, especially in game programming. I'm a programmer, and bug fixing can sometimes be a bitch.

15. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Hey all...

have any of you had this happen?(maybe it's been said before but couldn't find it). I noticed that when I have the v sync set to 1 it caps my game at 30fps, set it to 2 and it's 15fps. If I turn it off it hits the 60s but the tearing is horrible. Is there a way to fix that(I have the FPS set to 60 in game options)? I never noticed it before, but just got MSI AB up and OSD up and that's what happens. Strange? Thanks...

---Doug F

16. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    These idiots had years to make it work properly(it's impossible that they weren't aware of the issues), then another 6 months when the game got delayed. If they didn't fix it in all this time, i'm curious to see how they'll manage to make the game not run like ass, and how long it'll take. It's funny remembering that nvidia tech trailer, "WE HAVE BEEN WORKING CLOSELY WITH NVIDIA DURING THE LAST YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT IN ORDER TO GIVE THE BEST PC EXPERIENCE BLABLABLA", yeah right, i wouldn't be surprise if these "years of partnership" was more like nvidia just emailed ubisoft the tools to implement txaa and hbo+ in the game.

17. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Purely looking at fps, the game runs great for me... but the actual gameplay... oh dear... it just feels so laggish, and its stuttering like a dog that just got electrocuted.

But its obvious that this is just a REALLY poor console port of the game, that they didnt bother spend any time tailoring for the pc setup, and the main game developer even says so himself:

Curious as to why Watch Dogs is having such a rough ride on PC? Viard's got an answer for that as well: "Watch Dogs can use 3+ GB of RAM on [new-generation] consoles for graphics, your PC GPU needs enough VRAM for ultra options due to the lack of unified [memory],"

Aka they didnt bother programming the game to make use of seperated ram (as pc's use), and instead just made everything run on the gpu's ram, like the lazy greedy dogs they are.

Source:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/31/watch-dogs-on-pc-being-taught-new-tricks-via-stability-patch/

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That's essentially the problem I agree. The game does not make enough use of ram, and instead access the disk way too much. Ubisoft really has a problem with this, as the AC games and Far Cry 3 all use under 1GB of memory, which is extremely low for such massive games.

The most amount of memory I've seen Watch Dogs use on my system was 3.2GB (everything on ultra), and that's only probably because I have the page file disabled. The game should be using WAY more system ram, ideally at least 4 to 5GB so that the textures and metadata could be buffered.

Every time the game stutters, it's because it's accessing the SSD/HDD for data because it's not in RAM where it should be. This review sums it up nicely:

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pft ... glad I didn't buy into the hype then.