AMD Catalyst 13.4 (8.970.100 April 24) Legacy Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by trocio2, Apr 30, 2013.

1. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  2. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    My experience

Tried the driver with my 4870x2 on windows 8 pro x64. Here is the list of problems i ran into with this driver:

- It has the clock bug. (GPU2 is on maximum clocks and voltage, which adds unneeded power consumption and high temperature)
    - Camera App does not work.
    - 3dmark cloud gate benchmark spits out DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HANG error which crashes the driver with it.
    - Video App does not play any video.

Reverted back to the AWESOME kevsamiga1974 13.1 reloaded drivers which work great in windows 8 x64 and have no clock bug except that 3dmark cloud gate TDR BSOD.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    We only had the clock bug in drivers since Feb 2012. Not long waiting for a fix eh ? It's why i solved it. Stupidly obvious bug.

The 11.12 Hybrid's don't have the cloudgate 3dmark crash or the clock bugs. And to fix the cloudgate crash on 13.1R would mean we have to drop user profiles, because older than 11.11c not work for new user profile CCC, and you need older atikmpag.sys to stop crashing. Only trouble is....there is no Win8 .cat's for 11.11c. matching atikmpag.sys and even if you could force it it would be an unsigned install in the Windows 8 case. It's why cloudgate crash is fixed in 11.12 Hybrid for Win7 but not in 13.1R for windows 8 unsigned install.

It's the newer 12.x atikmpag.sys responsible for the cloud gate 0x116 TDR hang from 11.11c onwards (around the same time user profiles were introduced)

But you can also fix it by dropping in 8.96 aticfx32/aticfx64 14 feb beta .1122 into the 3dmark folder before launching while keeping the newer atikmpag.sys YMMV.

10.8 and 10.9a which I fixed up the clock bugs for also work great too (in the same thread)

All Win7/8 drivers still BSOD at trying to play UltraHD 4K video. I found a workaround for this where it behaves correct but only on Windows XP drivers.

And I'm willing to bet there won't be a COH2 crash to fix, if people would just drop back down to older drivers that are faster on their legacy hardware anyhoo, and more stable to boot.

I still can't find a way to remake a cap once it's unpacked to .xml (not in a way that works anyway) so if anyone knows answers on a postcard.
    There are a few profiles that are totally busted by now and are in need of dire repair on legacy cards.

On another note I suppose I'll take a brief look and see what changed with this (if anything apart from the installation splash screens)

Conclusion : Nothing much...some pretty big version jumps, some small tiny fix. 12.5 beta rinse and repeat cycle.

P.S. Skipping it, I'm currently on 10.11 instead (modded with modern opengl eg for rage and 10.12's SD DXVA fix+modern game support) and don't have any COH 2 crash... or any other crash for that matter... :)

P.P.S. Still haven't moved house, but when I do I will start to mod drivers again to fix some loose ends left over. For now i'm just taking a break but still jotting up the bug lists.

4. gabrielinio_32

gabrielinio_32 Member

GPU:
    ati 4890+4870
    many thanks i try!!!my dear driver

5. Het

Het Guest

GPU:
    ASUS HD 7850 DCUII V2
  6. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Feature Highlight of the AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 Legacy Beta Driver:

- Resolves a driver crash in Company of Heroes 2

....Playing COH2 in DX9 instead of DX10 also resolves the potential crashes without having to change out from using your favourite drivers. :thumbup:

Pity they also didn't fix the BFBC2 framerate and the WEI scores, in the DX10 part of the driver which also plummeted post 12.3+

I can't really see the point releasing something fixing just only one bug, when there are many more important "bugs" ongoing that must have been reported by now since April 2012.

.NET4 broadcast error.
    Windows 8 BSOD from sleep
    green video
    OpenGL bugs
    Messed up clocks
    Backwards performance.

To name just a few....I mean it's not like we're supposed to be playing new games with old cards anyhow, that's why driver support was stopped anyway wasn't it ?!?

With provision for critical bugs. So I don't get the point of these wholly unchanged useless token updates... :bang:

7. Miroglu

Miroglu Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB
    Thanks

8. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Is this supposed to work with my x1950pro 256 ddr3 pci-ex on W7 64?I think it's not working...I can't see the CC working either.

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The last driver to support your x1950pro is the 10.2 Legacy Driver.

11. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    work with 4670
    no problem when playing hd video.
    (I think these driver's same 13.1)

12. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    atiumdag.dll and some aticf... are different than the ones in 13.1, If I remember well opengl is the same.

13. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE
    Hey guys, after a lot searching I think this the best thread to ask this.

I have a (really) old pc lying around ( Win XP 32 Bit, HD4650 AGP, P4). Wat do you think is the best (stability/performance wise) driver for it, either official or modded?

Thanks in advance.

14. Himmelslicht

Himmelslicht Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

That's what AMDs own website spits out. I'd start with that.

15. AltS7

AltS7 Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 650
    D1n,
    You may try my mixed driver (download link). Mixing modules from different versions, I tried to achieve best performance & compatibility. There's readme inside, it's on russian but 'google translate' should help you to understand what it's all about.

Last edited: May 7, 2013

16. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Dlls filesize differences:

[​IMG]

17. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    What about the driver versions (especially dx9) ?
    Or just newer date and everything the same as in 12.6/13.1
    Does HW accelaration works in firefox ?

18. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    Versions are the same but some files have a few more kilobytes.

HW acceleration for flash works in firefox (fullscreen mode).

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Not that it matters for a great majority, but I'm happy to see that the 9515 id (HD 3850 AGP) was finally re-added to the *.inf (even though, a lot of AGP cards are still missing since the 12.4s). Will check them later on my other HD4890.

20. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    @13.4 beta

I'm not seeing drop down game profiles to make crossfire user profiles listed under the 3D section with this new 2013 13.4 CCC version for legacy (item is completely missing whereas it was present before in 13.1 & 12.6)

Anyone else ?!?