NVIDIA GeForce driver 19x.xx PhysX mod v1.01 (Win7 x86/x64) !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by X7007, Oct 3, 2009.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Sorry for double posting on Phsyx forum too but i want ppl to know !

can activate now Phsyx with newest driver 190.

ADDED MORE INFO :

In spite of the fact that Nvidia Corp. once promised to enable processing of physics effects made using PhysX application programming interface (API) on any graphics processing units (GPUs),
    the company recently started to disable PhysX support on systems that use non-Nvidia graphics cards for rendering and Ageia PhysX or Nvidia GeForce processors for physics effects computing.
    This mod will enable hardware PhysX support for NVIDIA GPU, when non-NVIDIA GPU is used as a primary display device. It is intended only for WDDM 1.1 OS (Windows 7).

A poster on the N**G forums received an email reply from NVIDIA support explaining the issue. NVIDIA says in part that the issue had to do with some “business reasons” along with quality assurance reasons. This apparently happens with version 186 and newer drivers.

The full email reads:
    “Hello JC,

Ill explain why this function was disabled.

Physx is an open software standard any company can freely develop hardware or software that supports it. Nvidia supports GPU accelerated Physx on NVIDIA GPUs while using NVIDIA GPUs for graphics. NVIDIA performs extensive Engineering, Development, and QA work that makes Physx a great experience for customers. For a variety of reasons – some development expense some quality assurance and some business reasons NVIDIA will not support GPU accelerated Physx with NVIDIA GPUs while GPU rendering is happening on non- NVIDIA GPUs. I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused but I hope you can understand.

Best Regards,
    Troy
    NVIDIA Customer Care”

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    awsome, is it modded or official?
    you know what would be great? to mod the driver so ati only systems can emulate some sort of fake gfx card detect and not beying forced to buy an nvidia gfx card to use the physx in ati only systems

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  4. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    N**G? What's up with the censorship?

5. ManOwaRR

ManOwaRR Member

GPU:
    hd 4870x2
    If I Dont have an nvidia Card can i still use the Physx Mod ?

can anyone tell me what to do

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

nope (i guess) its only for guys who have nvidia cards for physx, lets say a 8800gt and a 4870X2 as main vcard,

nvidia made sumthing so he couldnt run 8800gt as physx card (aka ati detected = bb physx).

This just disables it.

7. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Awesome! I've been stuck with 181.71's up to this point. I'll do this later today. :)

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    LOL, Don't work like that.

Thought this would of been done sooner, but I will try my old 8800GT in my mates 4870 system tomorrow if i get the chance and see if it works ok.

9. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Sweet! Works great! Whoever made this is a god among men.

Now I'm running the latest cats, geforce drivers, and physx drivers, and I didn't even have to disable the monitor on my ATI card to access the nv control panel. Nice! It even seems to run a lot more stable now. I love this.

Win7 x64 / "Final" 8.660 cats (9.10) / 190.62 geforce / PhysX 9.09.0814

10. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    whats the lowest end nvidia card that i can run in a 4x pci 2.0 slot and give me physx to the max in nvidia games that support it to run along side both my 5870 cards.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    w00t good times, i used to have major slowdowns with the 181.71, with the new 191.03 installed it seems to be solved. :)

the hack works flawless so far :) you dont even have to hook up a second monitor if you create a virtual vga monitor in the screen resolution dialogue of windows.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  12. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac Gtx980Ti AmpExtreme
    I tried the mod this morning, and i can say it works on 3dmark vantage. But i don't think it works on Batman:Arkham Asylum.

I put a 8600GTS 256mb next to my 4870x2, and installed nvidia 190.62 nfroce drivers, and patched with this mod 1.01.

Here the results on 3dmark vantage. As you can see, there is a remarkable change on the cpu score.

Before

[​IMG]

After with 8600 Gts

[​IMG]

I also tried Batman:Arkham Asylum, but it is high likely that my 8600gts was not quiet good enough for the physx calculations.

[​IMG]

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Erai, is that the one with 32 Stream Processors.

Ideally you need 96 and more, so a 8800/9800GT would be more ideal, though good results can be had with a 9600GT.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well my physx attempt was complete fail. seems like a 5870/285 is 2 much for 850w antec psu.

pc wouldnt boot so added a few more gray hairs as i thought had done something very bad.

no pc fiddling for me on sundays.

15. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Yes thats right, 8600 has only 32 stream processors. I need a better nvidia card to test it, i will search around for a better card :rolleyes:

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    8800GT has 112, and would be ideal if you could get it cheap second hand, i personally get away with a 9600GSO though which has 96.

17. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Actually i am not sure that should i spend money just for the physx stuff. It is not a vital important, and it is ok even if physx doesn't work. Besides it is not certain that physx would work complately flawless with ati systems. I think i will wait some more :)

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, probably best, it will work with all existing games, but buying a new card is risky as the next game may not work with this hack, or may need a card with more SP.

19. vurt

vurt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    would adding a 9600GT be too much for my PSU you think?

i have 3 ssds and 3 IDE SATA drives, rest is on left side of this post ;) (well most of it.)

20. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Guys, i made some mistakes. When i was testing the batman arkham asylum, my 8600gts didn't handle the physx stuff, only cpu did. That's becouse the overall fps was low. Now i took care of problems, and made new test, and results are below.

Click here 1
    Click here 2
    Click here 3
    Click here 4