FIFA 14 Announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, Apr 17, 2013.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    For the first time in over a decade I won't be buying FIFA. It's like when the Xbox and PS3 came out and the PC version was 2 versions behind the consoles. I'll wait until FIFA 15 or 16 when it catches up.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, EA have admitted that the PC version will not have the same engine as the Xbox One and PS4 versions. They may look pretty much the same, it's football after all so how different can they be, but they won't play the same. The PC version has missing features.

Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...y-new-ignite-engine-but-the-pc-version-doesnt

By the way, the next-gen platforms will almost certainly be targetting 1080p at 60 fps. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of FIFA have always ran at 60 fps (at 720p) except for the replays and cinematics, which are 30 fps (or less at times!).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    And I say again. Have you seen the xbox one footage. I mean actual game play ? cause it looks exactly the same as the PC, 360, PS3 versions except for some graphical enhancements

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbP9DaEc2IA

There really is nothing that seems gimped or a cause for people getting upset.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    meh no legends for pc...that sucks.

went with fifa because I love ultimate team and the career mode..

plus i still think pes faces n graphics arent as good (could be wrong).

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it *looks* the same but does it *play* the same? The answer to that is no because the PC uses the current gen engine whereas the Xbox One/PS4 games will use the new engine that has 10X as much animation and other new features.

If you want the PC version then buy it by all means. Me? I'm getting a copy free with my Xbox One anyway so there's no point in buying it for the PC even it wasn't gimped.

6. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    It looks the same, why ? cause it is. I am not seeing any new animations. I am not seeing any new game play features. I am not seeing better A.I. even with the odd updates here and there this gen you could the differences in video form. That isn't the case this time.

You sound like somebody trying to validate a purchase or decision.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not at all. I'm telling you what has been reported and EA have said the PC version does not use the new engine so regardless of whether you think it looks the same, it isn't the same as far as how it plays and so it will not play the same as the next-gen console versions. Maybe they'll be worst, who knows, the point is they have different features. Graphics are not what distinguish one version of FIFA from the other (they've look pretty much identical in my view since 2006 on the consoles), it's how they play and this is where the new engine comes in with more dynamic, more varied animation and better A.I., among other things as well as how it feels to play, things that you cannot see in a video.

And I'm not justifying my purchase at all, I would argue that's just you trying to justify your decision to buy the PC version ( :p ). I was buying a PS4 and Xbox One anyway and it is only sheer luck that Microsoft/EA happened to be offering FIFA 14 for free this year, the same year they admit that the PC version is going to be using the same engine as FIFA 13. Why would I buy last year's model when I can get the new one for free? ;)

8. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    I didn't mean you were trying to validate it. Just that is how you're coming off. A new engine doesn't instantly = plays different. PC or not seems irrelevant. Game looks the same to me. Same A.I. Same animations, Same shooting, same movement...etc. Watch that video I posted and tell me otherwise.

also I am not buying the PC version. I will be getting the Xbox one version. So yeah, can't argue that at all fella. I'll be getting PES 14 on PC.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  10. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Just played couple of games. Not liking it.

The player movement is borked. The LT trick modifier seems to have a delay. The game speed has been increased when it needed lowering, and I still have slow ass defenders matching the likes of Bale for speed :bang:

11. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Just realized that LT is no longer the Skills modifier. It is more for hold up play and putting your body between ball and player. Works pretty well too. Using somebody like Ibrahimovic really allows you to hold up the ball and bring other midfielders up the pitch.

12. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ice cold!! :p

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Had to check if I'd downloaded the fifa 13 demo again.. apparently not.

16. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Not liking the demo. Players feel so unresponsive , All cpu players are faster and stronger than mine, It's impossible to push them off the ball.
    And the graphics look allot worse ,dull colors and player faces look worse than wax models.

17. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I bought and have played Fifa 13 to death and I just played a match in the Fifa 14 demo.

So what are the actual improvements over Fifa 13?!

1. Crisper game menus?
    2. Updated roster?

Is that it?

Or are there fundamental, gameplay changes that I am missing?

PS. Crowd still look like card board cutouts or empty seats.(A Middlesbrough home game prehaps)

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The demo seems OK but not hugely different from last year's game except for new menus (not so sure whether they're better or not though) and presentation. It did not feel any different to play but the engine is the same one as 2013 as well (i.e. the same as the Xbox 360 and PS3) so it has a dated look to it. And for some weird reason cinematics still look stuttery/juddery despite the framerate showing as a flawless 60 fps (with my graphics card not even running at full 3D speed; that's how demanding this game is!). In-game it runs fine though. And a minor point but why do all the players still look like dead-eyed zombies in the close-ups? All that money and EA still can't do human-looking player models in their sports games? They (well DICE) manage them in Battlefield 3 and so on.

I'm not buying this year's FIFA for the PC though as I'm far more excited about playing the improved engine on the Xbox One and PS4. Unfortunately, we can't try that version yet as neither of those consoles are out but I've a feeling that those are going to the better games with more obvious improvements.

19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hmmm I do feel the game-play is different from last year's... The players do feel "heavy", and fairly hard to play free flowing football. The graphics could've been so much better than this.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It will be handy for a future Zombie mode :p