What FPS should i expect in AC: 4 Black Flag with GTX780ti?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by V@IO, Nov 26, 2013.

1. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    So i'm waiting for my copy of AC4: Black Flag to arrive and was wondering if anyone owning a GTX780ti could share their performance experience with this GPU/GAME combination. What kind of FPS should i expect at @ 1080p at the setting reccomended for the 780ti here

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Smooth as butter, it's a 780Ti man, why do you even ask. :D Probably maxed out smooth as butter 4xmsaa/eqaa, not sure. The game kinda has some optimization issues right now.. If you can force triple buffering and vsync (or only vsync, using both here) with nvinspector. The ingame vsync is buggy or something.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Thats the kind of answer i was hoping for ! :)

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    As long as you have that CPU overclocked that is, at stock speeds that CPU will be holding your 780Ti waaay back.

5. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    How can i see if thats the case ? CPU utilization during gamely ?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Not quite, more like GPU usage is what your looking for.

Run some tests like Unigine Valley Benchmark and crank the settings up to the max and watch your GPU usage if it stays at 99% then you are not bottlenecking.

However, this can change from game title to game title. Also just because it reads 99% and your getting say 60fps average does not mean that is the highest performance you can get. If you overclocked the CPU to say around 3.8GHz+ (4GHz preferred) you would still see 99% usage but you may then get 70fps.

GPU bottlenecks are harder to detect than CPU.

It also matter to monitor CPU usage as well, grab HWMonitor or Afterburner and run a number of games. After play jump out the game with ALT+TAB if any of the cores on the CPU is at 100% you hit a bottleneck. This can happen when games are poorly coded for multi core or the game just needs more GHz.

Hope I explained it alright for you. Others on here will probably explain it better than I can.

7. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    That is a non k series cpu, he can't overclock it. He will only have issues if the game is cpu bound. BF4 is purely gpu bound, not sure about the game he is referring to.

8. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I bumped my CPU up from 3.0GHz to 3.8GHz and in some games my GPU usage is 99% and others it ranges from 50% to 70% but i haven't noticed any increase in performance with the bump in CPU frequency.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

A 'FSB' speed of ~102.3 (if you can set it that precise) I think can be beneficial. Note that will overclock everything tied to it, including the PCI-E interface and the memory. It's a setting that generally isn't recommended because it fails with overclocks at quite low rates (like even at 105), but 102.33 should be fine.

So, what does that 2.3 percent extra mean? Well, 43*102.3 for me is the same as 44*100, for instance. It is faster for me to be at 43*102.33 than 44*100.

Note that some people have no success with overclocking it, others do.

10. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Mine is currently running at 36*105 should i change it ? Keep in mind i dont have "k" series CPU so my multiplier can only go up to 36 max.

11. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Waiting for my GTX 780 to arrive but with a single 7950 i can tell you know maxed 60fps at 1080p should be done with your cpu at 3.8 ghz.

You mite find your current cpu holding you back in some games i noticed this myself with the 3470 @ 3.8 so the exact same speed.

12. HitechAshu

HitechAshu Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gt-630(15%OC) 2GB
    Hey Mate V@io,
    Can you tell me what CPU Cooler are you using and have you changed voltages with overclock in your CPU?
    As for AC4,it has some problems with optimisation,and as far as I have seen,Godray Lights is a FPS killer,so first try putting it off and max everything else.

13. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Heya,I have a Zalman CNPS-9000, i havent changed the voltage at all. I run AC4 maxed @ 1080p with the exception of Godrays, which is on low, and MSAA on 2X. Everything else is maxed out. Constant 60FPS which is the games FPS cap it seems.

14. HitechAshu

HitechAshu Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gt-630(15%OC) 2GB
    As far as I know,the FPS ain't capped,but it doesnt matter as you have(I'm assuming) a 60Hz monitor,so anything above 60Fps wont make a diffence.
    Also,do you mind sharing your CPU temp under full load?
    Thanks.

15. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    You clearly haven't compleated the game you will soon need to turn the x2msaa to fxaa trust me on this if you plan to keep a constant 60fps ;)

16. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Does overclocking the BLK still also overclock the disk controller? If so, I would avoid like the plague because it means you are constantly risking disk corruption.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd say max everything out and use TXAAx4. If my cards can handle it, so can yours.

Are you referring to the first attack on a fort? That's the only slowdown I've experienced so far (a LOT of smoke). But the slow downs were brief :)