[Build/casemod log] GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Hukkel, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD

First of all; thank you very much for your kind words :thumbup:

I will also watercool the ram. I have both the XSPC heatspreaders and their waterblock coming this way.

Thank you very much, I think they have their looks from their mom. ;)

2. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
  3. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thank you for the idea. I had already seen it. But it will take away a lot of the orange awesomeness. So I am going to try with the stock heatsinks first.

4. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:

5. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    That is the spirit!!! Mod it straight out of the box. I have thought similar. But it will also mean more tubing clutter. So I will first try it like this and expand when I think it will work. But thanks again for telling me about it ;)

6. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Orange and Black

You have to look at whats available and figure out what works best for you, im just suggesting what i would do.So far I think you have made great choices in all the hardware ,nice job.:infinity::infinity::infinity:

7. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thank you very much :)
    I hope you will enjoy the rest as well.

8. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    My Sammy 1.35v 4*4 GB kit. This mobo will eat them for breakfast. Aiming for 2400mhz with them @ 1.65v. I will be fitting a XSPC RAM waterblock on them when I also receive my XSPC heatsinks to fit to the bare Sammies first.

[​IMG]

One brand spanking new i7-3770k from the United States of Americana.

[​IMG]

EKWBs prefered weapon of choice. Gelid Extreme. So if it's good enough for them it is good enough for me. It is non conductive so also usefull for the GPUs.

[​IMG]

The XSPC Raystorm :drool:
    Ever since I first layed my eyes on these I wanted one. So stylish and clean. LUV'M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a used one. Bought it for 20 euros because there was one screw missing. I bought another pack of Raystorm screws for 8 euros. So I got an alright deal.

As you can see from the following before and after pictures. The previous mounting left a bit of a darker spot on it. Hukky does not approve of that :nono:

[​IMG]

After me and my friend Mr. Brasso worked our magic it got the official Hukky seal of Approval! :thumb:

[​IMG]

Open up and say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[​IMG]

Omnomnomnomnom

[​IMG]

I normally use this to clean a thermometer after being used....where the sun does not shine. But I also use it to whipe any kind of grease from the cpu lid caused by fingerprints.

[​IMG]

9. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    And after putting a pea worth of Gelid Extreme on it I placed the waterblock. Isn't she a beauty?

ps don't mind the poo-stool on the far right xD I accidentally snapped that through the lid of the box :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    I ordered a small package containing the new screw pack for the Raystorm, orange o-rings (as if you can see them after fitting, oh well as long as I know they are there) and three of the Bitspower fittings to be able to fit plexi tubing in them. I made a few shots of them. Pay attention to one of them looking into the fitting with the flash. You can see the two black o-rings in there which will keep the pipes in place and make them NOT leak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And back in the box. The case is currently somewhere else (together with my stock of parts) because we're remodelling the attic. So I will now transport this to where the case is friday (when my wife isn't working in the evening) and fit it into the case (and maybe take one or two pictures).

:)

[​IMG]

11. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    nice cpu block...i was looking @ the EK supremacy nikkel + plexi
    But this 1 is looking good too

Is that orange rubber standard with bitspower fittings ??

12. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD

I am one of the people that isn't really into the ne circular design EK is using and I am in love with the XSPC design for cpu and gpu blocks.

No the green is standard. I bought a small bag of orange o-rings. I think they are Bitspower as well. Not sure.

13. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Finally update time! :thumb:

I made some new pictures of the stuff in daylight now. Much better even though same camera.

Also finally another package with watercooling stuff I need. Going to try and fit some stuff this weekend. I can now measure some cabling and such. I can't wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Salland and especially Ben (again) for giving me such a nice discount! You have been an amazing help for this project.

[​IMG]

www.salland.eu

14. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These parts come from HD-PCWorks in Holland. Without a discount they're the cheapest watercooling shop in Holland.

[​IMG]

http://www.hd-pcworks.nl/

15. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    I was bored and wanted to work on them so bad so I pre-made them so I can put them in the build right away. Hope you like the too many pictures of just ram and heatsinks xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What in the world XSPC. You sell these per TWO. You put everything in per TWO. But the plexi pieces for low profile ram...YOU PUT IN ONLY ONE!!! What is that about? So I cut them up into 4 pieces to get them to work for all 4 heatsinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    That's some really nice custom memory

17. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thank you very much :)

18. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Another baby step. I fitted these babies to my motherboard. I changed the silver screws to black ones I accidentally happened to have left from my top grill. And they fit in perfectly :nod:

Just a few pics, hopefully soon with the next update being assembling the gfx card + waterblock + awesome backplate :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    Ram cooling is not my cup of thea...but still looks good.
    keep up the good work

20. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Well usually ram comes with heatspreaders. And Samsung ram doesn't. I want to OC it as far as it can. And the eye also wants something :)
    So I chose to go this route as I really like the XSPC stuff.