Resident Evil 7 @ E3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 19, 2014.

1. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Yes please, thous ware the best.

2. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I quite enjoyed RE6, Leon's missions in particular as they felt the creepiest. However, the boss fights were so predictable and were dragged out forever. I hope RE7 does indeed go back to it's Survival Horror roots. It's what the franchise needs.

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Only three things redeemable about RE6 was 1) sheer amount of content 2) guns actually felt satisfying in audio/visual feedback and 3) Leon was so hot.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    While i enjoyed five, i cant say it was a RES game. Id like a return to the days of the first title and the one where they're on the train.

Most important thing for Res games or horror/survival genre in general.. is audio. Does more for a game than a zombie running or shuffling towards ye.

imo.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Resident Evil 0?

It was pretty good, though I didn't like either of the characters in it.
    I want... something along the lines of Resident Evil 2. Not fixed camera angles, but... that kind of atmosphere and tension.

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    THIS x10000000000

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    The tension when you find the SERPENT STONE in the LIBRARY in the police department with 8 DESKS?!!? Or that STUFFED TIGER

My apologies, nothing against you DA, it's just that listing stupid ass things in RE2 in caps is cracking me up so bad lol XD Watching TwoBestFriends play it through made me realize just how dumb the entire franchise was. I love it but man it's dumb as heck.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The series has always been dumb. Mostly due to bad writing and voice acting.
    But, that didn't change the fact that back 1998 is was pretty damn atmospheric.

Yeah, now, it doesn't hold up.
    But I'm talking about that feeling. The feeling I had the first time I played it, or the first game. Now they are campy, stupid and at times... laughably bad. But back then, they were great. And I still love them to this day.

The problem is, RE5... RE6... they aren't great at release and bad after the fact, they are bad and stupid at release. ;)

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Yeah it was epic and awesome when I first experienced it during my youth and when gaming was still not quite there in terms of story telling medium for the most part (outside of point and click perhaps?).

Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dead Space, oh AAA survival/action horror, why did you have to drive your franchises into... whatever the hell they are.

But I guess we still have more to see, there is a chance that Kojima of Metal Gear fame might take on Silent Hill (the mere thought of that makes me go LOLZzzz) so maybe these former giants can still steep lower into terribleness.

10. MusicStudent

MusicStudent Guest

GPU:
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    I hope it's co-op, resident evil games started by scaring the crap out of me and my friends and the last couple have (not been scary) given us plenty of hours of enjoyment.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I hope it's not.
    Making RE5 and 6 coop focused it part of what hurt them. Mostly because they refuse to let you play alone anymore.

Forcing a constant team mate on the player is a huge mistake. Visceral got it right with Dead Space 3. Yes, the game can be played coop, but if you want to play alone... you are alone.
    No AI controlled idiot following you around.

The AI team mates is one big complaint I had with 5, and one minor complaint I had with 6. It was no less annoying in 6, but RE6 has so many other issues... the AI team mate wasn't as apparent.

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I don't get ALL the hate with RE6, sure Chris's campaign is absolute ****. but Leon's campaign was extremely solid and I had more fun with that than RE5.

And seeing Leon's campaign was a good 8-10 hours, that already is a good deal of gameplay. then you add Ada's campaign which wasn't bad either and then the new guy's playthough.
    It was insanely good amount of game for the price, excluding Chris's PTSD simulator and ****ty javos.

But yeah I hope this goes back to more survival, or at the very least more like RE: Revelations.

13. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Characters controlled really badly, that's why. The turn radius was absurdly large for maneuvering around small areas that most of the game took place in, along with clumsy melee system made for moments that were average at best.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I finished Leon's campaign, and started Chris'.
    And yes, Chris' campaign is a bad Gears of War ripoff at best. But Leon's wasn't that good either.
    It was nice to see it try to go back to the old zombies and atmospheric style. But, it failed in so many ways.
    Clunky controls, cheap enemies... and over reliance on QTE, a broken/clumsy melee system that feels nerfed when compared to RE5's.

And yeah, RE6 has a lot of content. But when the content is bad... having a lot of it isn't a good thing.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Well that's just your opinion, like you say all the time when others diss something you like ;D

I agree with Iggyblack Re6 was a good game, but hatters gonna hate..

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Even though it was more action orientated, i really enjoyed RE5, kept me entertained throughout and was very good value for money.

The worst RE game for me has always been 3, it was just more of the same and put me off the series so much that i skipped 4 until many years after release.

Skipped RE6 though, seem to keep missing the sales and i don't think the game looks like it's worth the money they are asking for it on Steam.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    [​IMG]
    Damn right.

Never said I was bottom line, factually right. :) Cause I'm not.
    To me, personally, yeah... it's a bad game. But, I'm fully aware that others like it.
    But, that doesn't mean I'm not going to defend my opinion.

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Code name veronica is underrated, dead space 1 and The Last Of Us are the only recent survival horror games worth high praise imo, none of the resident evils.

19. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Man I wish they'd make 7 more survival horror oriented, but with like sandbox environment with flexible controls(climbing up walls, jumpin' fences 'n ****), but also a game where you'd have to choose, either to fight of the zombs or hide/run.

So... kinda like assassin's creed and silent hill mix up... but with guns and tits.

20. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    All of those things are correct, I hate the inventory system in it and it's a major step back from RE4/5.

But really, some of the things in it is fun if you don't take it to seriously. there's many QTE's moments, but playing the game with a friend
    And one of us messing up when a QTE appeared out of nowhere. aka the train and that one car after you leave the uni. had us in tears from laughing.
    It also had some pretty great enemies in it, apart from the javos in chris's campaign. I'm mainly talking about Leon's campaign. although the big housefly
    At the end was literally the most awkward boss I have ever faced in a game, still though it made for a good laugh haha.

but really the best part of the whole game for me, was walking through that graveyard with the dogs when suddenly you see "ObamaCare" has joined your game
    and you're like wait what the ****? what does that mean OH **** and suddenly you get raped by another player playing a monster. Seriously, that moment
    Was probably one the most pleasant surprises i've had in a game in quite some time, and I'm really glad I never knew they had implemented a dark souls style mechanic.

It had stuff wrong, but other stuff was done okay or even good. but like I said, it's still not the great game like earlier games were, but at least I had more fun with it than RE5.
    Though the Opening sequence in RE5 was brutally hard aka awsome, RE6 was a bit easier even though I played it on no hope on first playthrough.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014