3dfx and XP pro ???

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Ice-Pick, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Ice-Pick

Ice-Pick Guest

Sup all....well i posted in the wrong spot last time so hopfully i did this right this time...:D Anyway this is for a bud...he has a 750 mhz comp with xp pro for an OS has 256 ram and a good monitor...has the voodoo3 not sure what size of voodoo3 but nune the less i was wondering the best driver combination for him...and is there a refreshrate fix with anything cause i myself use NVrefresh fix thats for of course my Vid card..

2. Kaaos

Kaaos Guest

Hmm, I'm not sure, but if I remember right, 3dfx Underground Tools (based on V.Control) have refresh rate forcing capabilities.. if not, use PowerStrip

Best drivers are 3dfx Underground (/3dHQ) 1.09 Beta 4 drivers, there's a thread with d/l locations for it here.

Also remember to update to newest GlideXP drivers, or newest GlideXP and newest KoolSmoky's Glide3x.dll

3. Ice-Pick

Ice-Pick Guest

Best drivers are 3dfx Underground (/3dHQ) 1.09 Beta 4 drivers, there's a thread with d/l locations for it here.

Also remember to update to newest GlideXP drivers, or newest GlideXP and newest KoolSmoky's Glide3x.dll................................................................................. So what exactly is this glide thing your talkin about....and i thought that those beta versions are not compatable cause there not hq'd..but hey it's not my comp so i will try it on his...thx anyway

4. Kaaos

Kaaos Guest

hq'd?

the drivers are unofficial, not really supported or anything, but they are everything there is for XP.

Glide is 3dfx's propiertary API, supported by some older (&some newer) games.

5. Ice-Pick

Ice-Pick Guest

Correct....cool man thats what i thought..... so BETA just means NON Certified by the company of the CARD ??? So that refreash fix was included in which drivers ??? PowerStrip is that an add in or does it come with a driver set ??? Anyway thx again i will do some digging again and if somting fishy hits me ill message you guys again....you'v been helpful and i am greatful:D

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    PowerStrip is a utility for tweaking your card. It doesn't come with drivers or anything.
    BETA means that it is still under developement but it SHOULD work and you take the liability of the try.

7. Kaaos

Kaaos Guest

Glidefan just explained what BETA means, but since 3dfx doesn't exist anymore (okay, exists, but doesn't support any products or anything anymore), there is no official support for any 3dfx card anymore.

The name of the 3dHQ/3dfx Underground drivers is bit misleading, since the 1.09 betas don't have the new OpenGL ICD, which was the main point of the 1.09's. So the 1.09 betas use still old 3dfx OGL ICD, but have updated Glide dll's (GlideXP something, don't remember the build, but not as new as the one I gave link in the other thread over there). DirectX part of the drivers is old too. And the rest is just .inf modifications.

It's still very unclear will the 1.09's ever come, but AFAIK Aquoess will release the OpenGL ICD anyway. Biggest difference you'll notice is that your Voodoo can do Anisotropic Filtering with them, and supports OpenGL 1.2.. There was some other enchances too, but can't remember what they were at the moment.

Some rumors tell that someone was building updated DirectX part of the drivers too, but dunno about that.

8. element72

element72 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660 TI
    I'm trying to get SweetFX to work with COD: black ops II. I get this error after installing "unable to start correctly 0xc0000007b" Any ideas why?

9. calebmill

calebmill Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX Gefore 560 ti
    Hey guys,
    Trying to get SweetFX working with Eve Online. I tried putting the files in the main directory. No dice. Then both directories, /bin and main. Still no dice. Anyone get it working with Eve?

10. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    10 years later... woww?!! :D

11. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Wrong section, this is a 3dfx thread lol. Start a thread in the Games, gaming section or post in a SweetFX shader thread

12. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    The most recent driver options for a Voodoo 3 (and any other 3dfx card) are probably on 3dfxzone.it

Oops, failed to notice that this thread is so old, sorry -.-