13.1 Reloaded driver for legacy users...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    [​IMG]

Now working great for Windows 8 x64 from a normal install...

* Disclaimer: all use is entirely at your own risk, if you don't want to risk anything by using modifications, then do not use/try them, simple.
    Just use the official ones instead and be happy if you don't like to test or gamble things.
    Don't grumble about x,y and z not being this or that what you want because they are free to use/try, and my time is limited.
    Originally I did the modding of driver/improvements over the originals for my own uses and benefits, not yours remember ! :)
    Created on a Windows 7 x64 system with dual monitors which aids further stress testing of drivers, I'm just sharing them so people may have an easier time.
    However bug reports with games are always welcome.

* There is only ever one version that get's updated and uploaded @ top link instead of V1, V2 etc, as and when I see fit.
    So check the link and release notes regularly for changes when I can be bothered to document changes/stuff up.

* Unsigned or test mode install not necessary even for Windows 8 x64. :)

Windows Vista/7/8 x64 benefits over official driver.

- Normal install method for Windows Vista/Seven/Eight x64, no fiddling with scripts or messing around with driver signing modes forcing any mod files to install. Everything is complete and works from a normal install, even on Windows 8 now.

- ATI tray tools overclocking, HW monitor/gadgets sensor reading missing functionality restored missing in originals, not possible for Windows 8 because .inf cannot be edited due to new Windows 8 x64 Patchguard.

- MultiGPU/Crossfire clock bug on second ASIC burning cards up at the desktop fixed now on Windows 8 aswell, same as Vista/7 x64 reloaded installation version.

- Higher working OpenGL subsystem than 13.1 original. Working with Rage/Cities in motion/Atom Zombie Smasher/The polynomial/PS CS6 and old games/apps that didn't work before.

- Higher working OpenCL subsystem. Higher updated ATI CAL's media GPU transcoding works. (Mediashow espresso, Powerdirector, A's Video converter)

- Higher working DX10 files than 13.1 original.

- Maximum profiles. Latest caps integrated. No more missing profiles in the user profile list fixed.

- WMV Media Foundation decoders taken from non legacy 13.1 and doctored to work/install.

- No DXVA/Flash green screen issues of 12.x series for Windows 7. Higher working video components. Windows 8...blah, disable h/w acceleration.

- Enabled and activated/working Unified Video API for legacy cards: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX® 10/11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content.
    - Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
    - For more information on what is changed with the video components/API refer to Catalyst 12.8 release notes which are applicable.

- Various workarounds. Updated OpenGL crossfire profiles, gpucapsviewer vertex displacement mapping bug etc.

- BSOD install workaround for 3K series switch flipped.

- Workaround for 3DMark 2013 BSOD 0x116 crossfire crash during cloud gate test present in official legacy drivers affecting also non legacy drivers and various legacy drivers. :)

- Poor BFBC2 crossfire performance restored.

- Working AVIVO64, and Hydravision re-integrated in install. Extra crap useless for legacy like SteadyVideo and AVT startup crap removed.

- Replacement CCC ridding the horrible broken legacy one for Vista/7/Windows 8 (missing profiles and NET4 bugs and stuck item checkboxes should all now be history on Windows 8 as well as 7)

- HDMI audio device changed to less problematic versions before 12.4/12.6/13.1 broke the loss of HDMI audio on suspend/resume cycling.

[​IMG]

(Example of newly enabled (for legacy cards) DX10/11 unified video API: You can now watch a movie and play games like F1 2012 (DX10) at the same time in windowed mode.
    Trying to do this kind of fancy multitasking stuff before with legacy cards and older drivers crashed all the media players including VLC (shown).
    Now video is unified into the DX10 API same as Catalyst 12.8 release notes says so using relevant higher DX10 and video components to enable this feature with no problems running on legacy. :))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13.1 Reloaded Legacy Driver - Windows Vista/7/8 x64 editions only. Do not request x86 versions. I haven't the time nor inclination to support Windows XP or 32-bit etc. And the support of such old OS is poor anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?45e25jo283elpzi

Last timestamp of changes by KAR 18/02/2013 19:20 GMT

Current Status :

Windows Vista x64 install - Untested assumed working.
    Windows 7 x64 install - Working
    Windows 8 x64 install - Working
    Replacement CCC legacy backporting work complete and tested across 7/8 installs to kick out the NET4 broadcast error in the original drivers.
    Audio panel and CCC tabs restored for Vista/7.

Known issues (only applicable if used under Wndows 8 x64 also affecting official legacy drivers as well)

Green html5 video in IE10 Desktop/Metro - Use Software rendering instead of GPU rendering in advance IE options, restart - tada !

Green flash video in FF/Waterfox - Right click video, untick use hardware acceleration.

TDR 0x116 errors at cold start under Windows 8 relating to atikmdag.sys (same as official legacy and system Windows 8 drivers) - increase TDRdelay in the registry. (Windows 8 TDR behaviour has changed over 7)

I am currently researching a workaround for all these issues....(if it exists)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    cool! ill be happy to test , do you know about the .net 4 broadcast crash btw ?

3. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I haven't encountered it no, not at least on Windows 7 x64.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes its a windows 8 specific bug.

shows this every reboot/shutdown (unless ccc is unchecked from msconfig).

[​IMG]

5. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    You need a SP1 yet for Windows 8, hehe.

I suppose I can always downgrade on the CCC version on Windows 8 package if others chime in with the same problem. It's either the new CCC or Windows 8 itself.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ok ive installed the driver.

Driver seems to work ok. though i have just installed it so i need time to fully test it. but 3d clock bug is fixed!
    ill let you know if i encounter any bugs.

i had to disable driver signing twice (dont know if this is normal), first for the video driver, then the hdmi (since ive got it hooked up to my tv).
    but its installed , so its not a problem.
    for the hdmi driver i had to point to c:\TEST\AMD\13.1_Reloaded_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W764a\
    the W864a folder would not update the driver. dont know if is normal since i never install it like this.
    ill continue to test the next couple of days.

i still get the .net 4.0 broadcastevent bug, but like you said its hard to tell where its coming from.
    Hope you dont mind me asking, is it possible for you to upload a older ccc (or tell me (if its easy enough lol) how to replace the newer one) just to see if it makes any difference. you wouldnt have to upload the whole package that way. well maybe i dont understand it correctly.

Anyways thanks allot for fixing bugs which AMD cannot! much appreciated!

7. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Yes a minor error on the Windows 8 HDMI stuff on my part. I'll try fix that silly error later on today, and upload a fixed Windows 8 hdmi version over the next week and just change the links, and give some time for more feedback to come in ova the CCC .NET broadcast issue thing that's plaguing the 13.1 original and this one now making use of the same latest CCC. For now just direct it to the Windows 7 x64 hdmi driver or use even the realtek ATI HDMI audio one if you have realtek onboard instead.

Is there a way to force a .NET 3.5 install on Windows 8 or are you stuck with .NET 4 ?

If there is just delete the NET4 stuff out of the CCC2 folder and it should force install the .NET 3.5 version...maybe.

At least it's working good considering I don't even have Windows 8 to test it on. :)

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    nope im stuck with the .net already installed it seems. it doesnt even starts the install.

9. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Just copy the 12.6's CCC CCC2 folder into packages>apps of the new one after deleting the new one's CCC2 folder and try installing again to see if the .NET 4 broadcast error dissappears.

Did you get this error on official 12.6 as well as official 13.1 ?!?

I have the .NET 4 client profile on Win7 x64 but I don't seem to get this NET 4 error on the official 13.1's either as well as this one.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes, i got it with the 12.6 aswell. ive only tried 12.6 , 13.1 and your 13.1 reloaded driver so far.

11. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well no good then, because if you got it with the original and official 12.6 as well as these ones the chances are the problem lies elsewhere.

Just give it some time, and we will see if anyone else has the same issue under Windows 8. They're working on Win7 x64 with a .NET 4 client profile like I say...

12. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    My PC: Windows Installer stopped working bug when uninstalling ccc (always)

My dad's notebook: .net bug at shutdown (occasionally)

I think it's a Windows 8 problem. Both machines are fully updated.

13. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well i'm glad then I kept exactly where I was, on Windows 7 x64. :)

doesn't help that it's an "unknown" exception.

Reminds me of the Mac's "an error occured because an error occured" requester.

14. SylvaeDragon

SylvaeDragon Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD3470 256MB
    BSOD when installing ATI HDMI driver.. );
    As soon as I unchecked it, installation went smoothly.

15. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    YES ! I know...

ATI Windows 8 HDMI driver is a little problem. I'm working on it ppl...

I've got just one pair of hands...and no Windows 8 access.

16. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Download the iso and make a hdd partition :D The trial version is free, if you have moral issues.

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    No need to I figured it out...

The offical drivers actually has no HDMI audio driver for Windows 8 *at all* inside, and neither does the Windows 8 12.6's, but since the Windows 7 one works fine without BSOD on Win8 and is also @ version .7712 which is higher, i'll just re-graft it to install correctly on Windows 8, but without the annoying driver signature enforcement bollox your all getting from force installing the Windows 7 one.

Packages>Drivers>WDM>HDMICE>W864a

Copy this package over the old HDMI audio one instead...and try again. The OS include tables of .7712 have been edited to allow a Windows 8 install without DSE throwing up a fit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4druz8j58mfatrv

18. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    I've got win 7 64b with lastest 12.6 reloaded V7 so let me see if I understand.........a. 13.1 reloaded is the next step of 12.6 reloaded V7??

b. if I load 13.1 reloaded I don't have to install Hdmi drivers and leave the ones present in 12.6 reloaded V7 (or this is valid only for the guys haven win 8)??

c. What's difference, in win 7, from 12.6 V7 ??

19. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Questions questions...

A. 13.1 because components taken from 13.1. And 12.6R was confusing against 13.1 when the working components were higher than 13.1 anyway.
    B. HDMI audio issues only applicable to Windows 8.
    C. Nothing much if you've been using 12.6 V7 on W7 already, but now explicitly Windows 8 with bug on 2nd ASIC fixed which wasn't possible before, and improvements of 12.6R V7, and profiles lists fixed.
    (still not fixed in 12.6 V7, although I fixed the 11.12 Hybrids)

Still a WIP and relevant/current. Other driver threads are done and over with. Easier to maintain 1 driver for all x64 OS. :)

20. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Sorry for all the questions man, Thanks a lot.........I'll try it!!