RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Mar 7, 2014.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bitdefender and malwarebytes didnt pick anything up on the emulator.
    I downloaded a separate file which was the Xbox 360 bios files and they did contain a Trojan which was quarantined.

The file that it asks you to download for the xbox360 bios files are not the full set, its just 1 .bin file which is **** all compared to the full set of bios roms.

Once i put the bios files (from a completely different download link) in the bios folder it worked ok but it said to unlock the emulator you need to complete a survey......Uninstalled!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Upload the bios trojan to Virustotal. I ain't liking that **** on the Facebook.

On the page it says:
    SOUNDS LEGIT

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    It's not even a question. Hell, we don't even have an original Xbox emulator that can do more then access the bios and launch 3 games.

4. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah even with a modded Xbox and a big hard drive you can install original xbox games to the hard drive and play them that way. Which is kind of like having an emulator but using the actual hardware.

Very interesting. I was wondering if a developer was making or attempting to make a PS3 emulator. But This has a ways to go before near perfect emulation if the developer can achieve that.

I have yet to tryout PS2 emulation but from what I have tested it seems smooth enough based on my hardware but that is from only a few seconds of testing.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    PS2 PSP emulators are great but i really hope PS3 emulator will be good, but meh the waiting

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    And even then, it's rarely the first working console emulator that ends up being the best for that system.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still say it gona be long time before we have pc powerfull enough to emulate ps3 and run games a full speed, and Like i said pcsx2 is and highend super beast pc still have issue runnfull speed on all games

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Meh, that's more because the emulator is still being developed. Most 'perfect'ly emulated games on pcsx2 need no more then a core 2 duo and a 8600 GT.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    For now all i want is TTT2 and T6 on PS3 emulator, always better on PC rather than console. heck psp tekken 6 on pc looks way better than original PSP

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No it not the base code for the emulation is pretty much done at this point things arnt gona get faster there gone get slower as it get more accurate. with exceptioon to some game engines that are emulated terrible like snowblind engine.

I spend way more time on there boards then here and been helping people there for years on. You be surpised how many people say there pc runs most pc games on high flawless and think emulation would be nothing to there pc. those people get laughed at. Those specs you list will only work for light game any thing remotely demanding on those specs will not be anything close to full speed

The devs to pcsx2 said ps3 emulation wont be possible at anything close to full speed on anything currently on the market 5 years maybe, and the cell cpu is the reason for that.

Look at Snes emulations that runs off 24mhz cpu and the most accurate of all emulates higan/bsnes needs duo core to run games full speed

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I think you might be surprised then. If you want to crank up the internal res and not make use of and speed hacks then sure.
    But if you leave it at ps2 native, and make use of all the speed hacks a game will allow, a c2d does fine in most of the 'perfect' listed games. It has for a long time now. It's the hardware that was out when pcsx2 hit it's prime.
    The emulator itself is only written to use two cores, only one speed hack will make use of more then that (the results of which are iffy at best).

I only have 47 games in my collection. But I know for a fact that a good 40 of them run fine on an OCed E7200, even with a bump in internal res. Many people have dedicated pcsx2 boxes with E8500's. There is certainly a chunk of games that give problems regardless of hardware.

It's always the person that needs to prove how smart they are by telling people about their years of experience that give the worst advise.

It's also not fair to use cycle accurate emulators as a comparison. Pcsx2 simply is not a cycle accurate emulator.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Those speedhacks break compatible and report false fps special when used to the extremes ( graphics and games just not running). as for ps2 emulation goes it very accurate using speed break that like i said.

IF you think ps3 emulator is possible on currently pc tech and still have any resemblance of full speed you as delusion as they are. but they are welcome to prove other wise.

AS I SAID PCSX2 devs said this is not possible on current pc tech not me so get your facts straight Cell cpu is far cry from pc architecture to this date ps3 devs still say cell cpu is nightmare ti develop for compared to others you think emulation of is gona be any less?

you need to read up on how demand emulations get 3ghz cell emulation is gona need on the order of 2x ~3x more powerfull pc to emulation. just like ever other emulation under the sun needing on the order of 2-3 x more powerfull chip to work.

Byuu (creator of higan/bsnses ) made really good article about to emulations sites explain why this true

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Also, buddy. It TOOK a 24mhz to emulate a SNES. The SNES itself was a mere, what, like 3mhz? 24mhz 1 core vs. 3ghz 2 core. That is the difference between cycle accurate.

You can leave all those hacks off all you want. You are still not using a cycle accurate emulator. Pcsx2 itself is full of workarounds and hacks that you don't see.
    Certain games are ok with certain hacks. Some you would have to be silly not to use. That's why the wiki is so important.

I didn't say anything about the ps3. What are you on about?

But I can if you want. Before the pcsx2 came out everyone said it would be years before we could emulate the ps2. Before dolphin added wii support everyone said it would years before that would happen. Even N64 emulation came out of nowhere.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    there is no cpu that runs 24mhz for the PC that will run snes emulation let alone accurate.

I was also years before pc tech became able to run ps2 game at full speed.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    One also has to hope they don't ever abandon the project like so ...so many other emulator projects have in the past. Usually if it goes on for a while and it's still a ways from being good enough for legit use, the devs get bored of messing with it or they reach a point where they can't do any more with it. Takes some serious dedication

lol, It's funny cause years ago the big thing was using anti aliasing, resolution..etc to make older console games "look better" (which imo make those games look like water paint graphics) and now the big thing amongst enthusiasts is to emulate the old CRT's resolution, phosphor flicker and pixels to make them look like they did on the original console and CRT.

In fact, now it's considered cooler to just collect the original games and play them on CRT's and is what many are doing...if you read threads on those types of forums.

I also ended up following that trend with my older consoles by just emulating the CRT...etc as well rather than use my monitors resolution or any filtering.
    Now from the N64 and Dreamcast onward I much prefer to just use the actual consoles cause really it's just far superior. The playstation however isn't too bad emulated imo but I can't stand emulated DC/Xbox..etc and the lag is there i'm telln ya

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Err. Wrong again Bob. Cycle accurate emulators are not necessary to play most SNES games. It's nice to use it. But even then, I would prefer to use something like Jnes.

And here we go down memory lane. Now you got to make me do googleing for you? Sheesh.
    SNES is about 3mhz.
    A 25mhz (fine, was one mhz off) ran most SNES games. About 25 years ago.
    Cycle accurate emulators for pre-64bit consoles are amazing, but certainly not the par for the course. Emulators like Nesticle and ZSNES were full of hacks and workarounds, just like pcsx2 is. Even N64 is getting a cycle accurate emulator, cen64, which runs on nothing.

If you asked most 'experts' if ps2 emulation was possible a week before pcsx2 came out, they would have said "no, we still have many years before that is even a thought".

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    N64 Emulation is not that bad it is decent but it could be vastly improved. I am hoping that this Cycle accurate emulator that Is similar to the PS1 emulator PSX that you do not need to full around with plugins to get the games to work they just do without any issues. Also I am very surprised on how far PS2 Emulation has come. Lets hope in 5 years time or so that PS3 emulation gets close or equal to PS2 emulation.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nothing wrong with N64 emulation, it works perfectly for me better than the real thing. High resolution, High levels of AA and 99% of games work perfectly.

I Even use my N64 pad using blissbox.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That 25mhz was for the NES emulator.

ZSNES would not really work at all on 25mhz, it didn't run any game full speed on 150mhz anyway. It needs somewhere in the region of 233-500mhz.

Not to mention that the SNES isn't even 25 years old, so something tells me there wasn't an emulator before it was even released.