Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drandiiski, May 20, 2016.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Trailer:

Live stream unveal:

Release date:

All the editions

Features:

- The game will feature over 130 cars, including new PD-created race versions of existing models. All cars will feature an interior view, and have been built from scratch for PS4.
    - 19 tracks at launch, with 27 variations, including new additions Northern Isle Speedway and Tokyo Expressway.
    - Tarmac and rally racing to be featured.
    - For the first time in GT history, a livery editor is included!
    - 117 Events are available offline.
    - In addition to the above, the FIA championship will be a primary feature of the game. A digital licensing feature will be available in 22 countries, a number likely to grow before launch.
    - The Nations Cup and Manufacturer Fan Cup first announced at GT Sport’s original reveal will be present.
    - GT Sport will feature a renewed Museum mode, last seen in GT5.
    - Photomode has received an overhaul with the inclusion of “Scapes“. Hundreds will be available for players to chose from, with no limit on cars included in the shot.
    - Photomode will have a 4K output option, much as GT5 and GT6 do.
    - A focus on social features fosters an entire community within the game.

Source:
    www.gtplanet.net

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Looking good, gt 1 on the ps1 blew me away 20 years ago.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Never even heard of it, then again I never liked GT series imo they made getting cars a choir which, super realistic though

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This will be the only game that gets to buy a PS4.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
  7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is this game more arcade than sim ?

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    GT is Sim

9. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    If they've nerfed GT mode so it's more Forza like instead of older-GT-like I'm skipping it. The single game that will get me to buy a PS4 is Ace Combat 7

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    There's a few things that are putting me off getting this, first off, and most importantly, frame rate. In all the gameplay I've seen so far it looks abysmal, stuttering along and screen tear all over the place makes it look like there's been zero improvement from GT6 on PS3 that had the same issue.

Secondly, dynamic shadows running at ultra low resolutions and at what looks like 2fps, again, no improvement over GT6 on PS3.

Third and finally, the audio. It still sounds like the car audio has been ripped straight out of Gran Turismo 4, other games have done it so much better that Polyphony really needs to step it up and re-record the audio as it doesn't sound natural at all.

I've played every Gran Turismo release to date and really love the series far more than any other racing game out there, but they really seem to be in this development bubble that ignores what other studios are doing and it's hurting the series.

I'm hoping the first two points I raised can be dealt with before launch, nothing worse than low frame rates and screen tear in racing games.

Last edited: May 28, 2016

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Here’s an interesting video about the sound - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqY4nSitQi8 No doubt it has improved and will probably do so even more.

But yes, in general I’m not really too impressed by it. They also have dropped the dynamic weather and time of day so they can improve the quality, whatever that means. I’m not sure if I should be impressed with PD at this point – it is astonishing how they can take sooo looooong and in the end deliver sooo little. As a first party developer, that is probably first in the list of receiving new console specs and dev kits it still takes them three years to make super scaled down version (in terms of content) of the game they have been making for 20 years now. And as always they are putting way too much effort in some strange areas like FIA licensing, Vision GT cars and most probably VR support. I don’t know … will have to wait and see what the end result will be like, but expectations are not high atm..

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Damn those sounds were not nice at all. The game seems to look really good. Just that the gameplay capture video is rather poor quality imo. I actually expected way more in graphical department. Maybe I was expecting too much? Well it ain't the final game yet so things will change :)

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So these guys played gran turismo and then raced in real life at leman

17. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Yes these guys won Gran Turismo Academy and this allow them to be part of the Nismo team and many of them raced in Le Mans, Nurburgring etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT_Academy

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    A release date was finally announced. Just one year late of the previous date and about three years late in general, but hey! Looks great and I truly hope it delivers!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  19. Asher

Asher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050
    I am really worried that it would only come with online only racer. Thanks god that it has proper single player career mode.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I wouldnt call slamming off the walls at full speed to win a race a sim however its more of a sim than other games. All they need to do is give the cars damage like in Grid but i think thats too ambitious for a GT game at the moment.