Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well like i said i gave a example of what i have seen many times before on this very forum. but ok,, lets agree to disagree.

2. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    You are entitled to your opinion after all. :)

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I see why SLi lost his patience.

Im going to go watch some TinTin.

4. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I think the trailer looks great, need to see it in proper motion first though as it wouldn't be hard to render a small scene at that quality, I have no doubt that ND will deliver, the last of us was pure genius.

As for PC gamers being level headed, well possibly the stupidest comment I've ever seen, why do you think half of us long term member's don't even bother posting in the PC sections anymore, half the people around when I came here got sick of the crap and left.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I think in this ONE aspect, it's fair to put pc and console gamers in the same basket. Neither are level headed. All form of gamers are overly opinionated, stubborn and bias to whatever they like and own.

Whether that's nvidia or amd, playstation or xbox cough cough nintendo I guess too cough cough.

Then once that great debate is sidelined, the games become the grand argument, what games are better, which are more fun, what engines are better...call of duty vs. battlefield are usually entertaining.

It's a never ending cycle of potential arguments and you can be one or the other to be part of it.

I've been on console only forums, I've been on pc only forums, I've been on forums that have a community for both. They all have people screaming at each other.

Gamers are people, people are idiots, therefore regardless to pc or console, if there is a person behind the machine, drama will ensue shortly after.

That's my uplifting speech for the week lol.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Valid points, I can get stupid with gaming at times too for sure. Even tho I can see how some people like other stuff then I do. :D Opinions mans they are so varied and likes are so different.

I wish we could all get along bit better but hah.

I know I will be owning all consoles at some point just like I got x360 then ps3 and then wii. Now I started with Wii U. While I game mostly on pc but some exclusives are fun on consoles and I love playing fifa on them among racing games.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    The worst posts are from people who say a lot of pro's then at the end a massive negative with a smiley face, they know what their doing and think others don't notice.

8. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Trevor Stricker of Disco Pixel gives us an insight as to how Nathan looks so realistic when it's a close-up shot:

“A main character in a cinematic game like Uncharted will also use multiple models per character, each with different levels of detail. So when the character is far from the camera and tiny on the screen it will use something with fewer polys/faster shaders. When he’s right up close to the camera it might use a high res model of only his face.”

I think that's a perfectly senseful explanation and a clever trick that can help the game look good and run good at the same time.

9. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    LODs aren't exactly new.

10. Plissken

Plissken Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 Strix
    Yeah, but the results that they can get when used the LOD tricks masterfully on next-gen systems are unseen. That's probably why some of us thought it couldn't be in-game.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I kind went with the jungle looking as it did :D with a poor glimpse at the end. Else we have seen similar if not better faces already :eek:

But it still seems to be pretty as earlier uncharteds have been.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats cool. LoDs arent new.. sure, but this method seems to be and could be a game changer if other developers take note.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I remember reading about similar things earlier regarding mmo's and characters in mmo's. Ok seems rather normal practice for sometime now.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah but characters in MMO arent as detailed as ol Jake.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That is for sure. Just that it is used in similar fashion in games before already. Now to a better extent in uncharted 4 for sure.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Just reading this thread makes me miss my ps3....

It's almost worth having a ps4 just for this game alone but the fact it's so great when u go on hols etc or want to play in front of the tv with a few mates just makes it even more brill to own one.

I decided that pc gaming is enough for me though. That said I hope to play a bit of ps3 and fifa in a month or so.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If nothing worthy comes out before this, I'll buying a ps4 with U4 bundled on release day, awesome games.

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ^^ Thats what i am planning mate, but might get it before for NHL15

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If you haven't played the last of us that would be a good ps4 bundle, probably the best story driven action game ever.

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah i heard that was a brilliant game!