Is it possible for the NSA to Spy through the Xbox Kinect ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Anything is possible if you are the NSA.

Will users be able to trust MS's statements to consumers about this?

As far as the xbone and Kinect 2.0 I am staying far away from that as humanly possible.

2. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Do i say im right with that ?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Legally, cell phone communications generally fall under the same privacy laws as landlines.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If only he had carried them using both hands....:)

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I rather fap furiously while making direct eye contant with kinect.

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    LOL! I have been reading this since forever. One of my favorite's if not my favorite.

After over 10-15years I finally track down a shop that had them all and bought them. Love those crazy f*ckers. Offered countless laughs while reading them. They really cheer you up. :p

/end off topic

7. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Nice one, ibitato! :)

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Relax man. If they were spying on you through your phone
    A: You would notice your battery lasting about 1 hour
    B: You would notice your battery dying really fast
    C: You would also notice (if you had android) that the camera (or the rogue application) showed up in the battery log as sucking up all of your battery.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Every who uses a Android phone should use 'ad network detector'. It won't tell you the NSA is spying on you, but it does give you an overview of what apps can do.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.addetector&hl=en

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The Gov't has already admitted to monitoring phone calls. If you're in the US, the Gov't knows who you're calling and who's calling you. They can also pull the GPS coordinates of your phone at any time.

Can the NSA use Kinect to spy on people? Of course... Anyone who believes otherwise, is very naïve....regardless of what MS claims.

11. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Really! Are you that naive?
    Do you think that all reason for them doing so is lawful and justified?

There are far too many laws (being in enacted in NZ and already enacted in the states) that allow spy agencies to spy on you, collect evidence on you, charge you with crimes without even having to justify their actions to you.

What if they made it a terrorist act to criticize the government? Would you be happy with their power to spy on you then?

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You are being paranoid. Why would a spy agency be collecting evidence about you in the first place, without a good reason? For fun perhaps? Or maybe they picked someone at random.

13. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It's collected on EVERYONE. Don't be so naive in thinking they know who all the "baddies" are and therefore only spy on them.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    If you are doing nothing wrong, then what do you have to worry about?

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That is the dumbest statement ever. The battlecry of the sheeple. If I have something that I wish to be private that is MY choice not a group of men and woman with fictional power.
    You are supposed to be a free human being but as long as the "government" says so? You probably have broken laws that you didn't even know about and who knows what they will say is illegal down the line.

As someone already said what if they make speaking against the Government illegal? Then what. Government is just a bunch of men and woman, your equal, my equal. So what allows gives them the authority to spy on you?

Government was created by humans, granted power by us to protect your RIGHTS. This is not protecting your rights. This is government protecting THEMSELVES. And i'll be honest if I was a government member id want to protect myself because the atrocities that governments have committed around the world are shocking. In the past 100 years Governments of the World have put to death ~262 MILLION civilians, not including soldiers. I'd say they would have a fair amount of enemies....

The people of the world need to realise the danger they pose to all of us. They are slowly eroding away all of your rights and the more you all acquiesce the more dangerous it is becoming. You should know by now that government in the UK is not here to help you, all they have done since getting into power is rob the poor and middle-class. They are not here to serve you but serve themselves and a global elite. As George Carlin said "It's a big club and you ain't in it."

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    What awesome logic!!! :puke2:

17. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    It has been shown throughout history that those with power, abuse that power.

I have nothing to fear as it stand now because I have done nothing wrong. But should the powers at be, deem what ever I am doing is now illegal, no matter how inane or moral the action, then they have the power to persecute me.

If they continue the trend to restrict free speech and other basic human rights then I would not want them to have the power to monitor me however they like.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That has already been tried in the US.... Remember SOPA and PIPA? If you believe what the US Gov't claimed in regards to them NOT being censorship bills, you might want to go read the fine print....

19. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    And even if they did spy through Kinect, what meaningful information could they possibly collect? A Islamic extremist about to enjoy a game of Kinect Disneyland Adventures while a horde of IEDs, bombing location maps and AK47s sits behind him? Or more likely, some 20 year old guy in his boxers with a bong at the foot of his couch?

edit

Here's the full story I think Hilbert was quoting from:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4526770/will-the-nsa-use-the-xbox-one-to-spy-on-your-family

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Perhaps just getting on with your life and doing what you want to do, might be better than worrying about who might be reading your emails?