Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    Really you could've fooled me................................sounds like your taking things to the extreme,that's ok nobody can take you seriously after your post's in this thread,good day.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    The only fanboy would be yourself. You spend so much time defending a failed product, which only a true fanboy of a company would do. The general census of every review of BD is that it sucks and is a total failure for amd.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I state the facts. If that hurts you in any way I am truly sorry. Tbh I don't take anything you say seriously. So if your not discussing the thread in hand don't quote me k?

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    It seems your the one that's hurt and trying to get this thread closed with your child like remark's,you just repeat the same thing over and over,you have tunnel vision and cant see past your credibility which isnt much at this point.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I asked you not to quote me. U have nothing of any importance to say and do not even show a glimmer of intellect while I'm at it. All you do is toot your fanbio horn and guess what you are thefanboi, and why you attack me personally escapes me. I had amd for years when they were on top. To get my money again they would have to beat Intel. Good Luck on that happening :3eyes:

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thats what i'm saying. First gen i7 were also power hungry.
    Did ppl bitch about that? AMD had fab problems with BD and i can guarantee that the next revision will be a lot better.

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    People didnt bitch about that because the first gen i7 had good performance...unlike BD.

9. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    a low clocked 1000 dollar cpu is a fair game imo. And not to mention, most of my benchmarks dont compare to lower clocked intels, only select ones where the internet is limited to those results. I invite anyone to find me a SB comparison for each of my benchmarks comparing to "low clocked intels", and id gladly post that instead.

As much as this screams viral marketing, I am just a true AMD fan, so get over it lol. :bang:

10. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I see only 3/15 benchmarks comparing to "low clocked intels" and its obviously not on purpose. People keep thinking im trying to put intel in bad light so they attack bulldozer for no reason haha. I still believe my blog has valuable info no other benchmark reviewer has.

11. mik

mik Guest

GPU:
    HD6670
    if my memory serves me right, it was 10-15% performance per watts a year. but thats like irelevant. the real source of leap from zambezi to vishera is improved IPC, power optimizations, new instruction, and higher clock speeds. i think theres more but that just what i remember. so improved IPC and again higher clock speeds will give you more throughput. so amd is not really eyeing now for clock per clock competition against intel, its just different now, since BD arch scales well with higher clocks than lower clocks unlike intels arch(they scale well on default).

@agent a01
    do you even know what you are talking about?? SMT is not as good as CMT. CMT is cluster multithreading btw. its not SMT they are two different things. its just like saying 2 people riding a bike(1bike only) vs 2people riding their own bikes.

no, poly is just showing something that BD can do. i know its like bugatti veyron in terms of consumption but only performs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ob0GL7oEN4&feature=player_embedded.. ok.. just a little bit better :D (maybe you want to ride that jeepney sometime haha)

come on.. its just a test, just take it with a grain of salt. in every graphs he showed, he showed the clocks of the contenders so nothing can be said as biased. and the results are genuine, its not edited. i know it seems bias to you but stop saying that the results are skewed and the results are not real like another processor made it, not the FX. i know the current gen sucks but saying someones work is a joke or not real, when he put a lot of his time for it?... that just seem to be wrong for me..

+1 bro

because they never had fab problems ;)

12. mik

mik Guest

GPU:
    HD6670
    so if onemustfall is an amd fanboy, what can you call yourself huh.. arent you an intel fanboooyyy??[​IMG]yiieee. jokes haha

13. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    DIRT 3 @ 4.0 Ghz up tomorrow! stay tuned! Will FX beat i5 2500k @ 4.0 Ghz??

:biggun:

14. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    yeah BD is not as good as SB in benchmark or on high res gaming, but it perform well in multithreading apps, you can read this review to be sure:
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx-8150-processor-review/1
    when you gaming at 1080p with a high end gpu there's not much difference between cpu:
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/battlefield-3-vga-and-cpu-performance-benchmark-test/3, sure the higher the cpu is cloked the more fsp you gain but it's good for all cpu even SB.
    So unless you play with multimonitor or your are a benchmark fanatic, BD is still a good cpu for mainstream.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yawn, new kid trying to start sh1t. BD is SMT with dedicated integer units, hence the crappy performance, makes the overall cpu fpu starved. Get your facts straight. I am a fan of performance, not of crappy power hungry cpus that are beaten by 4 year old 1st gen cpus.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Agent these guys are all trolls. When they can't argue the fact that Bd is good. They turn to personal insults

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Bd at 4.0 or the usual unfair 4.8?

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    @TK and Agent, i think u are the trolls here mate.

Please leave this thread if you can't post something useful.
    Bashing Poly and BD might make u feel better.

Facts, we know BD isn't the SB thrasher we all hoped for.
    But to say it's crap...well, just isn't true. It has strong points and weak points.
    If AMD, through future revisions, can improve in the weak areas this CPU will rock.

Now please, stop trolling and enjoy you SB ;)

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    we are not the trolls. I entered this thread and posted many times about the unfair comparisons. mR Yellow name one postitive thing you have done in this thread, cause I cant think of 1 thing. enjoy your BD but get one thing strait this thread is showing a scewed view of what BD really is. if you want to make some comparisons with 1 580 with agent and I go right ahead, 3dmark 11, vantage with ppu disabled. not heaven 2.5 because that is all gpu power. my cores flucuate from 1600 to 47/4800 whichever speed I am running. if you have some benchmarks in mind name them. the cpu speed and 580 speed will also have to be the same. I doubt you will take this challenge but I am throwing that out there. do something positive for a change instead of just insulting k?
    in this format so no cheating
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By tommyk2005 at 2011-03-25

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Im up for it, my 3DMark 11 physics score is ~12000 at 5ghz