Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I still haven't played with an x79 based system, Cowie. It's something I would like to look into next time I'm upgrading, especially as a 5GHz SB can't keep up with a single 7970 any more, at least not at 720p.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    BZ Is 50 the max multi,or can you turn off ht and go faster?
    In DX9 benches it matters very little on ht,its better to see if you can run 2/4 cores with faster speed.

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I wasn't sure as I checked out your 6950 score and you managed something in the region of 7200 Marks which is much higher than my 6400 Marks. Since you run a 2600K and have HT I thought that might have been the difference there.

Not quite sure where I'm going wrong with this one then, as upping my CPU to 5GHz (not that I can yet) I don't see that upping my score significantly enough to catch you up.

Perhaps an earlier version of 3dMark11 scored better? Can drivers make that big of a difference? Was you on XP? Perhaps that scores better in 11? Not sure why it would though.

Any thoughts guys?

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    3d mark 11 is a dx11 bench, xp is dx9 os

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh yeah lol how'd I forget that lol

TK, do you know if 3dmark2001se can run on 7? I ran it on Vista, but not having much luck under 7 :(

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Believe 01 runs best on XP. On 7,8, vista it runs in compatibility mode (at least my understanding) , hence the lame scores. Cowie would know all the tricks and such to getting higher scores
    try XP compatibility mode for 01 maybe

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Nah, still not seeming to work.

I've tried compatibility set to 7, Vista and XP now. It's weird though, when I double click the icon windows will go into basic mode, as most of the older 3dmarks do, however the application doesn't load up on my screen! If I go into Task Manager however there's an entry there in under the Process tab for 3dmark2001se.exe *32 But yet nothing comes up on my screen :confused:

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Unless you have 3 or more gpus dont bother.

BTW you guys on amd cards ever try setlod beta 6?
    If you cant grab it on the web pm for a copy
    It helps the dx9 benches for squeking out a few more points :nerd:
    try between 3 and 9 for starters but you really have to test since all series cards are different.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

cowie

I can run 5.1 for dx9 benches but there's no benefit for 3d06/3dvantage or 3d11 as they make use of HT and 100MHz doesn't offset it enough. I'll see if I can get it to 5.1 with HT or 5.2 no HT now that I have the entire waterloop to the CPU, just waiting for all the air bubbles to get out. Any higher than that and it's more voltage than I want to put through the chip.

Regarding LOD settings, I believe Radeon pro used to give access to a slider for LOD. I haven't tried SetLOD, I'll see if I can find it.

Matt

I couldn't get 3d01 to run in windows 7 x64, I believe it will not work for AMD cards. I had to install XP to get it to run a few days ago, I also did a couple of quick 2d benches while I was in XP and without even trying to go higher on the CPU I managed to beat my windows 7 scores in wprime32 and 1024.

And, you'll need to modify tessellation if you want any 3d11 points at hwbot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Oh right, well I have XP Pro laying around somewhere, perhaps I could pop my spare SSD in and whack it on that see how it goes, could do with picking up a cheap HDD or something to put XP on really.

Yeah I noticed on the bot you'd uploaded a couple more scores and done well with them, I'll be sure to remember to run 2d stuff if I put XP on the SSD.

Oh and the tessellation, I was meaning to ask you about that! What is it and how do I do it?

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Matt

Keep in mind though, that even in XP other than the ability to run 3d01 and score higher in aquamark, you will not get many hwbot points, and likely lower scores for 03/05/06 in crossfire. The 2D benches might be worth the hassle though.

Regarding tessellation, there's a slider in catalyst control centre.

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thats ok, I'm used to not getting many points ;) some is better than nowt, like you say 2d might be worth it so I'll give it ago at some point.

I've gone into CCC and found tessallation in Gaming>3d Application Settings I've unchecked AMD Optimized and set it too off. Is that it?

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, that will help with higher scores at hwbot.

14. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers mate, that's working a treat! Just hit 6979! Really boosted my points :) Running in CF now, see what I can get :)

15. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Got another new 3dMark11 Score

Single Unlocked 6950

[​IMG]

Sorry BZ took another of yours down.

I can't seem to get near your 03,06, or Vantage scores though, so there safe :)

Does 03 perform better on XP? Or is it just 2d that tends to do better there?

Also got a new Crossfire score

[​IMG]

picked up a small amount of points I think for this too.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Don't think I saw a major difference in 03, I did see an improvement in 06 single card.

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Nice benching this month Blackzero

Just knocked my poor old 680 card down a spot on the fm fs hof lol

And good runs for you too matt!
    http://hwbot.org/team/guru3d/#Members

Oh and any true guru who gets a titan and does not put up some numbers at hwbot will have there pp removed lol just kidding but it would be nice if they did.

If rumors are true about the performance the card should blow all others away in at least the more recent benches.....that is if hwbot does not change rules for the card(not really the card but the owners)

18. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers Cowie! I'm thinking about picking up a 3770k to start boosting some scores, also my 3570k sucks needed around 1.58v to get 3d mark 11 stable at 4.9GHz :(

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Cool it down man thats too much.
    Cant you just get a cheap dice pot for like 150usd? then at least it could help not hurt your stuff too much.
    You get a 3770k it might not even run that fast with same cooling.. believe me

20. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Its been delid so temps aren't bad, don't know much about DICE, its something I'm going to do in the future just don't know much about all that yet, not even sure where to buy that stuff lol