NVIDIA GeForce 302.71 Mobile

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 30, 2012.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
  2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    The security catalog is provided by Nvidia, so they're not WHQL. Doesn't much matter though does it, most of us could care less about a driver being WHQL certified.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't know how to tell if a driver is WHQL or not, I don't pay much attention to that stuff. But what I do know and like Darren said, if the driver is indeed WHQL (which it may not be) it takes several weeks for that process to occur, at least it has in the past.

4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    We'd rather install the driver today than wait three weeks for it. :)

5. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    BF3 crashes with these if i go to the video settings menu

6. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    Sorry, but I have tested it with different Games an EVGA Precision X in the Background for monitoring the FPS, and here i can't see frame-drops!

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    OK I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm going to install and try them now to see for myself. Mind you, I have my suspisions that that HD 5870 card is the reason why the issue appears to be fixed... ;)

8. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    No :) but for some reason the forum don't let me change my profile it mention always
    But I won for the moment a GTX680 from EVGA, and between the 5870 and the GTX680 I had an GTX580. Even my CPU has changed, now I have a Sabertooth P67 Mainboard with an i7 2700K

9. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    these seem good.... so far in diablo3 w-ambient occlusion on high quality... some web surfing... flash etc.

weird though how in nvcpl it thinks i have 2 games installed that i don't (and never) have...its picking up programs from totally different places and thinking they are those those game exe's - yet diablo 3 (which i have) doesnt show up... so i just used nvinspector to enable the custom settings i want. I suppose then.... don't bother with nvcpl and just use the inspector?? That seems to have worked better for me in the past anyway.

Oh yeah using windows 7-x64 sp1 btw

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    yeah one time nvidia inspector picked up bonetown.exe which i have never even downloaded before. weird lol

11. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Ok i'm a derp i guess but.... where in the nvcpl is that?

12. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Anyone with a gtx 680 got something to say about these drivers ? :)

13. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Try clicking the link on the first page...

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In nvidia control panel, help tab. But now its not showing properly, that's why you might want to delete those two folders or it will install silently..

About drivers, they are sensitive to one advanced ram timing (now 86), 301.42 are ok at lower 84.

edit: nvm they're just not stable for me, i get system freeze in ResidentEvil5 (variable test)..reverting back to 301.42.

edit2: heh now its just not stable anymore, even on 301.42 ?? Idk i lowered my OC a bit.. :(

15. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    re:

D'loading now... Let's give these a shot! :biggun:

Anyway, I'm gonna mod the .inf myself since some are having problems with the nvcpl missing stuff...

edit: Installed, now lets play!! :banana:

16. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Installed them and they seem to work good, altho i havent had any problems with any of the drivers for my gtx 680 :)

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Installing a Win 8 Beta driver on Win 7 is crazy even if it works i tried that with Intels Win8 preview driver it worked on 7 but it had so severe rendering flaws (though they didn't turn up immediately), you should be really careful. It could just fail for 1 specific hardware generation in 1 specific part. Though Intel has not such a excellent UDA system yet ;) but the differences between 8 and 7 are heavy in the lower rendering parts if they didn't split the code paths between 7 and 8 because of the beta status (as they only expect it to be used on 8) in the driver all kind of crazy things could happen when you use it on 7 (WDDM 1.1) :D

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Dude, these are for windows vista/7/8... Check the .inf file!!

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    It installed NVIDIA update but didn't ask me! :( How do i uninstall it?

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The same way you uninstall everything else, Control Panel or whatever third party app you do, or don't use.

I actually keep it installed on my gaming partition as its a good, or as far as i know the only way to get profile updates, get rid of it on my HTPC one though as just not needed.