Review: AMD FX 8350 - 8320 - 6300 and 4300 processor performance [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Cache latencey is quite high which makes me wonder how an increased CPU/NB would improve performance.

I asked Hilbert already if he would test NB scaling but he wasn't really interested. I'll do it myself though when/if upgrading to Vishera becomes an option.....

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Please stop, the 2600K might die from laughing. $210 (best price I can find here) and it can't even match an ancient CPU in artificial benchmarks that favour multithreading. In reality (single and dual threaded programs) it would be destroyed by that fossil of a CPU.

We can only hope Steamroller will actually be worth buying at a certain price range.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    2600K is faster, but here, it costs $400 + the mobos cost more.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't know where you're getting your info from mate but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm not gonna start posting benchmark scores left right and centre but I've read prob 5 different reviews on PD - I suggest you go off and do the same.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well the 2600K is obviously cheaper here, but the point is that the 8350 can't compare to really old hardware. The 3570K is the same $210 here, let's say the 8350 wins in artificial multithreaded benchmarks compared to that since it has no Hyper Threading... who's actually going to take an 8350 over a 3570K?
    I was going by this article that was just posted, unless I'm going crazy and saw the wrong numbers, the 8350 lost in multithreaded artificial benchmarks.

On that topic, how many programs these days use 8 threads? If I had the option of switching this rig I built in 2010 for an FX rig (assuming I can't sell it), I wouldn't accept. It doesn't matter how much I OC an FX chip, it can't match this thing in single and dual threaded programs, which is 95%+ of what I have. Not to mention I have even more headroom on this thing if I really wanted to squeeze every drop out of it.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Do yourself a favor mate and read the damned reviews. You'll find the answer.

Most of you people slagging off PD don't have the first clue what you're talking about - as Neo Cyrus just admitted.

7. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    LoL
    still AMD's high end 8350-8120 cant match 2500k after 2 years.but one thing is similar that is Price..lol

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Another clueless idiot.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You need to chill buddy, I'm not some child, I admit when I'm wrong... but from what I saw I'm not, I'll look again.

Edit: The more I look around the worse it looks for FX, especially in real world performance, such as gaming at 1080p: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-14.html

I was going to say at least it's good for media encoding for its price range: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-12.html

That's something of a win, but that goes out the window if OC's are taken into consideration, it would lose to the equally priced 3570K.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm just tired of people in here constantly crapping on PD without really knowing how it performs.

To save you the trouble it goes like this;

PD is faster than i5 in nearly all heavily threaded tests - that includes the 2600K. It's also close behind i7 and even surpasses it once or twice.

Single or lightly threaded apps are still not great -def not as fast as i7 but manages to keep within striking distance of i5 a lot of the time.

There are a handful of single thread benches it falls well behind IB/SB but compared to BD it's about 15%-20% faster....which means while it can't keep up with IB it still performs well in games.

AMD have priced PD accordingly and the MSRP is...ah fuk I can't recall exactly, but it's priced well. A lot less than BD was when it came out anyway.

Anyway I'm out so have fun everybody....:)

11. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, if you OC the sh#t out of 3570K, it should be still at good power level, while wiping the floor with the competitor.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Biggest issue with these bd based CPUs is that the os and the software can't correctly use the actual CPU on how it's intended. Now having the correct software probably wouldn't give it the biggest increase in performance in the world, but it would help. Correct me if I'm wrong too, but isn't windows 8 suppose to have a better CPU scheduler?

13. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Win8 has significantly improved CPU scheduler, but it won't do much if the software is not optimized enough.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  15. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    well pill monster is a amd fanboy lol i can already tell he keeps defending the 8350 the 2600k is still better its beats it by the most on the benchmark and when it comes to gaming 8350 is just crap im sorry man this processor is a fail.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You're the fail mate. You think gaming performance is the be all and end all of CPU workload? Yeah...actually that wouldn't surprise me.

I realize gaming prob consumes most of your life, but once you get out of your mom's basement and go and see what really happens in the world of computers prepare for a reality check

Until then you just stay in your own little fantasy world mmmmk. :)

17. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    well at least i can afford a nice processor compare to crappy amd ones and enjoy leaving that thing to dust :)

18. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    I dont see why these threads have to end up into a fanboyism fight.

Its clear that the processor is a big improvement in comparison with the latest that AMD been giving us, but it is still far from the Intel level in terms price per performance.

For me its a great sign from AMD showing that they are willing to change and giving some fight back to Intel.
    Intel fanboys should be happy with this because it will make Intel go even beyond and bring us top notch stuff and having more price variety and so should the AMD fanboys be since its a clear sign of progress.

This kind of competition is what makes the tech world evolve so fast and we should just support them.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LOL omg is that all you got. Dude you have no idea. I could prob buy your whole family if I wanted to.

Not to mention I get most of my computer parts at wholesale rates, since the company I contact to supply/service IT hardware to about 5000 clients.

Think before you make rash comments. :stewpid:

20. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    Well why dont u buy one then if u can afford it? or ur just talk? ur the one who stupid defending a fail processor whos company laying thousand of people off cuz they not making enough sales wonder why? cuz their cpu deparment sucks! lmao! hey pal u still rocking a 4 core processor! its 2012 gotta have 8 core or u cant afford one?