Mount & Blade: Warband

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sneakers, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Just SP pal :) And it's fun as hell, i like when i besiege castle...mine 100 armies vs 300 armies and still win :banana: I sneak behind enemy lines using two handed sword :D butcher day :cheers:
    And in battlefield 100 vs 500 still win too :banana: Yeah :D

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hmm, how can you play with 100 and 300 units on one map? I start to loose alot of fps once I go beyond 80 / 80 on each side.

I'm using 1.1000 patch though, I just dled it to try it out gonna buy it as soon as I get confirmation I'm not gonna have 500 ping online. All servers showing up has crazy high ping it seems :l..

I play MP only though with a cupple of mates this way, and create a server online for them to join and then I throw in bots and we just massacare eachother and them :)..

Game is extremly funny but would be better if everyone was an actual player, but as I said I need to investigate this ping thing..not paying 30 bucks to activate and get 300 ping or more.

Also, these mods you ppl talk about, is this serverside only or clientside? I mean can I mod my own textures and play on "native servers" or the server has to support the mod aswell?

Game looks great with 8x AA imo but sure I wouldn't mind abit more bling bling after all im a 3dguru :)

/edit

Regarding the nummber of bots, cpu is like tasked 10-15% so its basically idling..GPUs well SLI doesn't seem to work that well so I have set it to 32x SLI AA 16x SSAA in NVCP but I don't think it works at all since if I don't activate AA in the game there is no AA at all, regardless of the NVCP config.

Then again maybe it only catches on ones the ingame AA path is activated, since I think the game looks great and really don't see peoples concerns about gfx - wich I probably wouldnt with that crazy high AA.

Here is a SS [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Actually the battle divide into parts if the armies are just too much. Each battle cluster consist of 60+ to 80 enemies whom got killed imo. I'm not using AA and still it lags and get a lot of pause at heavy battle but i don't care :D This just happen for a while maybe hardisk activity or lack of ram or GPU :D
    The graphic still good at 1080p and AA not quite needed as this is not too noticeable imo :)
    You should use that polished landscape pal...I'm sure you'll be surprise by the quality of the graphic :cheers:
    Here it is
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122423.0.html

Edit My SS :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce

Looking good :)

I'm looking for graphic mods who work with native and that mod called cRPG wich everyone seems to be playing alot.

I think the graphic looks really well even with native but if it can get better without performance loss then why not :)

Running AA makes the whole game look really nice, fix all jaggies around trees and leafs n stuff.

Not sure why reviewers like IGN gave the game really poor graphics score..guess same reason MW2 was their GOTY and 10/10 lats year etc lol..

5. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Sure pal it's good :) With modern PC you won't get performance loss. With my setup I play at 1080p Shadow high, grass density 50%, tree degrade distance 50% and other max except NO AA...At normal battle 50 vs 50 i'm not getting any lag. FPS hovering around 40-60 :)

Here's some more
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This looks quite good gonna give it a try,thanks lads

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i have the game, my home pc is downloading it..can we COOP?

8. Austyn

Austyn Guest

i bought this game today, i must say im addicted already. so much fun chopping people up. Mr.Bigtime, i think you can but i have not looked into it. ~However i would be more than happy to chop your head orf :)

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Dude, I told you. When I first downloaded it, the original M&B was about 170MB, 300MB installed. I thought it'd be pretty ****ty.

I saw the graphics of my characters face and facepalmed. Then once I got into it, killed a few guys, had my army, and got some gear, I loved it.

I felt like a band of raiders and it just had this authentic feel that I've never felt in a medieval game before.

And to think guys; this was made by a husband & wife. Two people!

10. Austyn

Austyn Guest

so true, in my game i am a LORD

LORD CORNWELL RAPING AND PILLAGING ALL THE LITTLE TOWNS AND STEALING CATTLE.

one question. how do we feed our army? do i need to just keep food in my inventory or some other waY? i find that confusing.

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, just keep food in your inventory and they eat away at it.

12. Austyn

Austyn Guest

guess i better keep stealing and slaughtering them cows. they shall fear me.

13. Austyn

Austyn Guest

i have tried installing this but now im recieving errors when i load the polished landscapes module. ive extracted the folder "Polished_Landscapes" into the "modules" folder of Mount&Blade and then applied the fix as im using the latest version.

When loading it fails on full_armor.brf or something? I am not sure what i am doing wrong here. Can you help?

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    graphic mod suggestions (i think we had a post bout this like 1year ago, but game was too expensive, i got it on steam christmas deals)?, plus other mod suggestions? (i mean, one big mod which improves game but doesnt change its theme/units, something like stainless steel in medieval 2 total war xP)

15. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Here's what i did, i didn't follow the op instruction though as it seem make them broken :3eyes:

1. Install mount and blade WARBAND

2. Apply patch 1.127

3. Extract polished landscape to your M&B Warband directories like this ...:\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules

4. Place flora_kinds.txt and ground_specs.txt from PL_warband archive into \Mount&Blade\Data folder

5. Download Polished_Landscapes Warband small fix here's the link http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2095
    Place it in\Modules\Polished_Landscapes\Resource (and overwrite file)

6. Download repackaged for Warband 1.132 Native http://www.filefront.com/17522919/Polished-Landscapes-for--1.132.rar/ and overwrite your native with this. I just patched the game to 1.127 but it's work though

7. Play it :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

16. Austyn

Austyn Guest

fantastic mate. cheers. works like a charm.

17. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hmm, Gembel does this work with the latest online patch aswell 1.134?

So many mods I'm not sure wich one to use :/

I want the best graphic I can get but in a neat package - don't wanna fiddle too much with 20+ mods that bug and break constantly :)

/edit

Well I found the floris 2.2 mod, but I'm not sure if there are any more or better bundles, anyone tried it or can recommend something else? I wanna max out the graphics, all eyecandy I can get while still maintaining decent frames!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Floris 2.2 is good, Floris 2.2 Expanded, download that + Music, and you've got a great mod. It doesn't change the normal factions, but greatly enhances gameplay.

I am waiting for 100 Years War for Warband, it's a mod that is British VS the French in the 100 Years War Obviously, but it's only for normal M&B so far, they're making a WB version though. High quality stuff.

I had an Army of like 100 Knights, we could totally assault Castles of 500-600 men and win, with minimal losses. Was awesome.

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well all I want is graphic mods no point dling SP gameplay changing things that won't work on cRPG or native online servers.

So far I have DLed Floris 2.2, Polished landscapes, realistic colors..I have yet to get a single one of them to work though.. :/

Any more mods you can think off to make the graphics as nice as possible :x?

20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Floris 2.2 is a collection of mods man...you can't just play with it in MP most likely, I wouldn't know for sure, though.

Floris 2.2 contains all the best mods, including all the best graphics mods. It's kinda like Stalker Complete in a sense, but for Mount & Blade.

And I have never heard of cRPG for M&B, odd, but googling it, it's kinda like...you keep your character progression online, instead of having it reset like Counter-Strike. How odd. I don't really see a point to it, but alright.

And you can't get them to work? You put them in Modules, right? Then at the splash screen, you click the little arrow where it says Mount & Blade and a drop down menu happens, select Floris 2.2 there.