Is there a way to restore Afterburmer profiles??

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Serious, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Serious

Serious Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460
    Can Afterburner profiles be restored?

Hi there,
    I just reinstall MSI Afterburner (2.3.1 now) but I didn't realized that all my profiles will be gone.

It took me a life time to find these exact and preciuos values. Is there any way to get them back?

Thanx so much for any advice.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Did you check in the AB install folder?

3. Serious

Serious Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460
    Yes, and they are physiacally here, but all the settings and adjustments are blank. Like if you installed that for the first time.

This drives me mad. I even tried Recuva app to find deleted files, but since they were probably not deleted but replaced (IMHO), it's mission impossible.

Thanx for the interest anyway.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    When you upgraded, when uninstalling the previous version did you accidentally click no when it asks if you want to keep your settings?

5. Serious

Serious Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460
    Actually I did not uninstall the old version before. Just installed newer one right away, just like with the drivers.

Yeah, you can call it a cowboy style maybe, but never had bad experience with that before. Yeah, till now. :cry:

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Probably should have uninstalled the previous version first, as I think not doing that may have been what borked your settings. Anyways the only thing I can think of is reconfiguring it back to your previous settings.