XFX 5970 BE Driver Install: the INF file was not found

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rotterdam, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    Really no idea what i am doing wrong, so desperate for help atm....

Ok what i did today...

Get my replacement card from the shop. Instead of the Sapphire OC edition i got an XFX 5970 Black Edition.

As my card was in repair for a few weeks i replaced my cards with an 8800GT.
    Step 1: Remove NVidia driver
    Step 2: Replace 8800gt for 5970
    Step 3: Going safe mode and use drivercleaner - then registry cleaner.
    Step 4: Install Catalyst 10.5 - 10.7(hotfix) - 10.8 beta. but neither of them work. It keeps asking for the inf file.

What seem to work a bit is going to Properties - Device Manager and manuially install driver. But then Vantage tells me my card is no capable of playing DX10, and in AoC it will not start in DX10. Strange thing is Heaven Benchmark works in Dx9-10 and 11.

I so want my card to work correct. but no idea what i done wrong or what to do to set thing right again.

thx in advance.

2. nfigot

nfigot Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 480 x 2 (SLI)
    Switching vendors never seems as easy as it should be - is there any vendor out there that actually has a solid uninstall?

No mention of your specific errors or if you can get into CCC normally via the control panel etc, but one simple thing to try would be download the latest directx 10 runtimes for your version of Windows and try installing them.

3. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Guest

GPU:
    still no good way to install my drivers.

After some trying installing drivers within device manager, i finally got to manage to get DX10 working again .

"No mention of your specific errors or if you can get into CCC normally via the control panel etc, but one simple thing to try would be download the latest directx 10 runtimes for your version of Windows and try installing them."

Specific Errors? The error is that while installing Catalyst driver: The inf file was not found, can not install driver. then in the report after installing gives me a Fail on installing driver.

I can get in CCC normally after installing like explaind above. Otherwise not.
    Executing DXwebsetup just tells me all is up to date, so no news here either.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  4. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Guest

GPU:
    With a little help from the XFX support i found a solution:

[TONY 8/6/2010 1:21:38 PM] Hi, thanks for your message and sorry to hear you are experiencing these problems, it still has the hallmarks of a driver problem, at first, please ensure you remove all leftover nvidia graphics components. In case you have inadvertently uninstalled chipset drivers, please re-install these before installing catalyst. May be wise to disable all unneccessary programs from startup (see msconfig), but please ensure you are disconnected for network and internet if you do. please let us know if this advice helps. Many Thanks. Tony

So reinstalling the chipset drivers did the job.

And that did the job.:nerd:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, I was wondering if you inadvertently uninstalled your chipset drivers.