as the new posts pages been knocked down to 4 now ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Subaru Swift, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    hi folks

i have logged back on today after 3 weeks of wrork x-mas & work, so i clicked on new posts & i only got 4 pages instead of the last 14 or 15 i think it was last month, so as it changed or it is just me being well me.... :)

2. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    It's just you being you. :)

Go to the display options at the bottom of the page at set the history to go back as far as you want....

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Even search delay has been increased to 20 seconds. How am I supposed to spam every new updated thread?! Curses!!

4. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    many thanks but i can do that show back a year in display opions in each section on this forum, but that means i have to check each sub section etc.

however if i only want to read the new posts i used to clcik on the NEW posts \ button tab at the top but now it only shows 4 pages now strange ?.

i think this happened many years ago but it was a forum update to all users....

photo

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

5. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I think it's only been this way for a few months. I remember checking my posts about mid-last year and it went back all the way to 2003 for me. Now it's 4 pages like yourself.

6. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    many thanks & looks like it is not just me being blonde & having a silly moment yet again, so it looks like i better go back to each sub section of this forum & have a look around to see what i have missed out.

however are the mods bringing back the 15 to 20 new post search option back soon ???, & if not why not ha-ha.

:)

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    damn, i also dont like that..i want more then 4 pages back...
    i had around 13 pages each day to check..now theres only 4 and im not willing to look in every thread to seee if theres something new or interesting...

i tried this display option, but there is none here..

HELP PLEASE...this is an total über turndown..
    this "new" option is not good...:bang:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Ditto. I need at least 15 pages.....;)

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It will be to decrease server load on searches.

More than one is done a second, so doing 15 will be a strain as the site gets more popular.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There are some a-typical server load spikes for a few weeks now. This measure was taken to see if it makes any changes. Currently the forums are located at a spanking new server with tons of memory. The erratic spikes seem to originate from search behavior patterns.

This is why I restricted the MySQL query a bit next to a series of mySQL optimizations.

Then again, in the evening at CET we also have a traffic increase as we average out at 900~1000 active users. Short answer I'm looking into some things. So for now I'll loosen up the query restrictions a bit, but a cut-down remains applied.

11. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    hi & many thanks Hilbert Hagedoorn for more some more new pages to search from, & sorry if i caused any problems as i thought it was me being well me ha-ha.

wow i have been on here since 12-10-2004 so i guess i should have known what the issue might have been :pc1:

cheers

& also we have got 1,000 PM messages now,,,,,,

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013