aida64.dll plugin for Rivatuner

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by bala_gamer, Nov 10, 2010.

1. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    As Everest is now aida64, the old everest.dll and everest.cfg is no more valid in riva tuner plugins. So can we get a similar dll file(aida64.dll) ?? With that we can continue monitoring things in the background asusual we do with everest.

Thankyou

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I did not spend more than 5 minutes on this, but it appears to work. All I did was take Unwinder's existing Everest plug-in, update the new shared memory location and recompile it. It is working on my machine.

Just rename/delete the existing Everest.dll and replace it with this one.

Let me know if you have any issues.

3. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Its working great!! I tried changing some values in the riva tuner sdk but didnt know how to compile to make it as a dll.

It will be helpful for me if you guide me on how to compile the rivatuner sdk source into to a dll.

Thanks
    Bala

4. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I just copied "C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner v2.24 MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition\SDK\Samples\Plugins\Monitoring\Everest" to a working directory. I opened (upgraded) it in Visual Studio 2008.

Then I edited the line in the EverestDataSources.cpp from:
    HANDLE hMapFile = OpenFileMapping(FILE_MAP_ALL_ACCESS, FALSE, "EVEREST_SensorValues");
    to:
    HANDLE hMapFile = OpenFileMapping(FILE_MAP_ALL_ACCESS, FALSE, "AIDA64_SensorValues");
    per the aida64.chm file.

Set the build to Release and compiled it. Then just took the resulting %workingdir%\Release\Everest.dll and replaced the one in the RivaTuner plugins folder.

I did not change any other properties in the project, like changing the output and cfg files to be aida64.dll and aida64.cfg. Its fine for now, and you won't be running both Everest and AIDA64 at the same time anyways. I'm sure Unwinder will update this when RT gets updated again.

Hope this helped.

- Nick

5. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Wow its awesome stangowner, i jus did the same changed all the instance of everest to aida64, but was unable to compile it to a dll... Your post did help me. Thanks a lot :)

6. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
  7. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX 3060Ti
    Nick, thank you for the plugin it's working fine.

Just the other day I noticed Fiery, aida64 author, released one also, with the proposed changes:
    http://forums.aida64.com/index.php?...f-everestdll-riva-tuner/page__p__283#entry283

Both seem to be fine, so if you have one working, no need to swich.

Best regards, darkje

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Rivatuner + Aida64 is heavy CPU time wise (with 1 sec pooling for every sensor) you lose all the advantages of Rivatuners efficient coding :(
    though im still testing a lot of other combinations and stuff but 1 thing for sure stangowners perfcount plugin and rivatuner is a very efficient thing for most OS based sensoring :)
    Winbond (Nuvoton) ITE sensor information readout support for Rivatuner seems though still a problem, but aida64 is not the efficient solution here :(
    Also NVApi support plugin is needed using GPU-Z as data provider is also not very efficient neither Aida64 again to much Application overhead :(
    Its always amazing seeing Rivatuners Context Switches and CPU Time compared to other solutions Unwinder really did some awesome coding here :)
    Also Rivatuners own Sensor Display with all those Sensors nowdays becomes fast crowded and its Horizontal Screen Limitation is bad :(
    Also here Stangowners Rivatuner Gadget comes to the rescue and is a nice work around though you need to accept the additional Windows SideBar overhead and latency for it :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011