Find Rivatuner guides here

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by boogieman, Aug 23, 2006.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Has Rivatuner been discontinued ?
    Click me

burebista's generic guide here as of May 31, 2009.
    Click me

stangowner's guides (include's video's)
    Click me

Real Temp plugin as a battery / ACline event trigger
    Click me

Force driver version when not supported by Rivatuner.
    The latest supported drivers (190.62) were added in Rivatuner release 224c. Download from Guru3D. This link will show you how to force any newer drivers to run in emulation mode and turn on Rivatuner's features.
    Click me

Rivatuner and Nvidia 2XX.XX driver compatibility.
    Click me

RealTemp. It has a plugin for RivaTuner which supports Gulftown.
    Click me

More Realtemp plugin thread.
    Click me

Typically, mobile graphics cards are not supported by Rivatuner.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    Brian Lima Dos Santos likes this.
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Making the thread sticky

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Well, Unwinder has been a busy guy. He's just made more work for me ;) but it something I'll enjoy doing. I will update the guides after 16.1 is released.

5. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    OSD guide updated to reflect 16.1 changes. Couldn't be easier now. :D

:beer:

6. StevenJCarline

StevenJCarline New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GE Force 6100 Motherboard
    um yeah I need something very very simple like a Dummies Guide to Riva Tuner lol I read its Read me and the help file isnt very helpfull lol

7. gold_heart007

gold_heart007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX N560Ti TwinFrozr2
    Thanks buddy!

8. rautamiekka

rautamiekka Member

GPU:
    GF8600GS 256MB+256MB
    You asked for RT guides, You will get them

I am writing some guides for RT but I really start at Friday because we have Christmas holiday which lasts to 6th day of the first month (pause from school) ... Look forward for it :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    In the next few days I will add some info about the D3D Overrider in the guides.

10. jyd76

jyd76 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I fully admit that I might be a dummy, but what is posted in the guide, and what I saw when I downloaded Rivatuner 2.0 Final seem COMPLETELY different.

I'm running an 8800GTX and all I saw was one fan control... either throttle all the way or nothing. No ability to set intervals. What am I missing?

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Otherwise Search.

12. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Setting an auto fan profile is a bit more complicated than just going to the Low Level Fan Control page.
    You need to make your fan profiles first, create the Launcher settings then create upward and downward crossing thresholds in Hardware Monitoring.

One method to set up auto fan speeds for your 8800GTX is to create a fan profile according to the core temperature of the card.
    So when it reaches a predefined temp. (starting a 3D app) the fan will automatically increase and when it drops below a certain temp (quitting a 3D app) the fan will decrease.
    This is how I have my fan profile setup for my 8800GTX and it works very well.

13. jyd76

jyd76 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Cool, thanks boogieman, it took a bit, but I finally got to understanding your guide.

And thanks Darkoz for dumbing it down for me so I could understand the guide.

One last question. I set things up like in the guide. When my card's core temp goes above 50C I have the fan bump to 75%, however, after rebooting, several minutes have passed, and the fan speed has not adjusted itself, and the card temp is 58C. Any clue what might not be working?

14. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    For the 8800 series cards you need to use Low Level System settings rather than the driver level settings used in that guide to set the fan profiles..........
    Click on Customize

[​IMG]

Then Low Level System Settings (the first icon)
    Then Fan and create you fan profiles.

[​IMG]

From there on just follow the linked guide a few posts up as it shows you.
    on the fan control page shown above, do not check "apply fan settings at startup"
    Remember, you need to have RivaTuner running in the background for the auto fan control to work.

To make sure that Rivatuner is running when you start up, go to the settings tab and make sure that Run At Windows Startup is checked
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  15. jyd76

jyd76 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Oh, I did all of that already. I figured it out pretty quick once you pointed me down the right path yesterday. Thanks for that by the way.

I guess it's just normal on reboot, with Riva running in the background, that it takes a few minutes for the fan to swap speeds. If the temp is in between thermal thresholds when the system starts.

16. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Cause I don't own one I didn't realize that there was only one fan slider on that card. Thanks for sharing that.

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Added 8800 guide by Bobas007 here.
    Link no longer available.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  18. jrcallan

jrcallan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    Have you installed RT 2.01 yet?

I'm using a 7900gt with Vista 32bit. RT2.01 sees the 158.18 driver and I can access the tab for overclocking, but no tab shows up for "fan." Does that sound right to you?

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Read documentation before asking!!!

Known issues section clearly says the following:

- Currently RivaTuner doesn't provide driver-level 2D/3D fan speed control features under Vista due to NVIDIA Vista driver's limitations.

20. fredc

fredc New Member

Initial fan speed in low level

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and new to all this tweaking stuff. I'm on my third build and trying to get a handle on it, so bare with me. But here is something I've noticed.

"One last question. I set things up like in the guide. When my card's core temp goes above 50C I have the fan bump to 75%, however, after rebooting, several minutes have passed, and the fan speed has not adjusted itself, and the card temp is 58C. Any clue what might not be working?"

Someone posted the above and I had noticed the same problem. I set the launch thresholds at 50C for fan speed 60% to 75% and then 60C for 75% to 100%. I really only wanted 2 speeds, 75% and 100%, the higher to kick in at 60C. What I found was that when my computer booted up and the riva loaded, the GPU temp was already between 50C and 60C but the fan stayed at 60%. I finally realized that unless the temp crosses one of the thresholds that were set in Boogieman's guide, it wouldn't trigger anything. And the initial launch thresholds are set for a rising temp, not a falling one. Someone may find fault in this, but you can test it out like I did. Still trying to find out how to set the fan default at 75% instead of 60% without using riva, if I can. Either in bios or the driver. Then I won't have to worry about the 60-70% threshold.

Sorry about the length. I'll get more concise with this stuff, I assume.