Arma 3 Alpha

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chad1073, May 2, 2013.

1. chad1073

chad1073 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800LX
    Anyone know if theres any good drivers for this game? Im using a gtx 670 Evga ftw and getting anywhere fomr 70 to 15 fps.. I know its a alpha but what setting is everyone using with the card i have and what drivers?

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    you'd have better luck posting your questions THIS thread.

3. chad1073

chad1073 Member

GPU:
    ATI X800LX
    But this is a driver question! I dont see you asking ppl to go too battlefield 3 stickys when they got a question about drivers on there game! So please dont be trying to my post has no bussiness here.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

No, the ARMA 3 thread is where you should have posted this like PhazeDelta1 said. If everyone made a new thread asking about drivers it creates forum clutter. The other issue is that a better thread title should have been used!

Anyways to answer your question, not only is ARMA 3 in alpha/beta testing, but the drivers haven't been optimised (if required) yet for the game either. This will happen once Nvidia (and AMD) have access to the finalised game.

Graphics performance is only as good as the weakest link, so posting the rest of the system you are using, which obviously is not the one in your sig, would help greatly in people assisting you in regards to performance issues.

5. angmar

angmar Guest

Drivers really wont help much in Arma 3 reguardless of which version you use. I have a fairly high overclocked 3770k and my gtx 680 still sits around 30-50 percent usage on max settings due to horrible cpu bottle neck with my cpu barely being used to capacity at a meager 25 percent usage. Arma engine is in dire need of better multi core processor support and alpha or not it is essentially the same engine they have been using for years with some minor tweaks so I wouldn't count on it happening this round either.

6. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    arma 3 has such horrible performance i stopped playing on my pc

and if you lower settings to playable, game looks like **** with constant rendering.

7. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    One thing you can do is - turn of your vsync. For me it was the last drivers + turning off vsync and a different server. If the host has bad network, your game lags. If he has a faster connection it works much better. If the showcases lag, well, then you have to wait as its still alpha build. I installed the latest nvidia drivers and turned off vsync, shadows and it is ~ 25 - 60 fps, but not stable. I dont think its the main objective of the game right now to concentrate on graphics performance. Its all kinds of stuff :D Just have patience and wait. When you payed you did apply for participation in alpha and full game after that. So just wait :D

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I guess if there are any concerns relating to performance (like single-threadness etc), then posting the issues on the Arma III forum would be good. The whole purpose of releasing the alpha was for this purpose. Don't go asking about drivers etc, because the answer is there are no ideal drivers at the moment! The best suggestion would be to use the later driver, and use that as the basis of your discussions on their threads (in the appropriate section).

9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    I will never enter the forum of arma again i was warned cauz i was saying the truth game sux and performance no matter what pc u have is horrible when u edit the map u get 44fps...so for saying this i received a warning too many fanboys i should have put my money on BF4