G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    thanks, ill give it a try when i get home. minimum fps for me is 40+ , hopefully it will be something alike. cant really play with 30fps or so. ;(

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

No it won't drop below 40-50 fps, unless you're using SSAA and ENB that is. When using ENB I have to limit the FPS to just above 30 to ensure it feels smooth. As long as there's no suddent drops I find 30fps to be pretty playable for an RPG type game like skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well im forcing 2xtrssaa now , cant go higher due to bad performance. wish i could set 8x , game looks absolutely awesome then.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I would like to know your VRam Usage with that Mod after 45-60 Minutes.

I'm alrdy going just over 1.5GB with the Official HD Pack and some of the Basic Overhauls such as Vurts and WATER.

Looking for a 680 myself, but because i saw Skyrim can easily go to 2.6GB VRam with insane Modding i wanted to wait for a 4GB Model.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    that glorious grass mod is pretty awesome. quite a fps drop, but ill stick to it for a few hours of play to test it out.

screenshots

Vanilla

[​IMG]

Lush Grass

[​IMG]

glorious grass

[​IMG]

9. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Highest I've seen is about 2012MB usage in some of the forests, here is a list of all the texture related mods I'm using. I'm also using some customized .ini settings and ugridstoload = 7.

Better Dynamic Snow
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    Enhanced Distant Terrain HD
    Enhanced Night Skyrim - High Stars
    Glowing Ore Veins 300
    HD Textures DLC Fix
    High Quality LODs
    No More Blocky Faces
    Quality Snowflakes V2
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul (High-Res)
    Skyrim Sunglare V4
    W.A.T.E.R - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux (High-Res)
    City Houses Light / Shadows Fix
    Legible Road Signs High Res
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Thanks, will skip the 2GB Version that's for sure. Don't want to make the same mistake again like i did with the 580 1.5GB and think it's enough. Cuz it clearly isn't futureproof :)

11. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah Skyrim specifically with all the high res textures eats texture memory like crazy, especially if you throw lots of FSAA into the mix. I'm sure I'd be fine if I switched to using FXAA and didn't use FSAA at all.

12. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    I usually hit around 3.5 GB and that's just on 1680 x 1050

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Wow you must be using a ton of additional texture mods? I wasn't using much beyond the Realistic Overhaul. If I remove that I hover around 1GB to 1.3GB usage.

14. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    If I were to replay it entirely, it would be sometime in the future and not anytime soon. I have too many games I haven't finished lined up, including some classics like Icewind Dale and KOTOR 2. The good thing about Skyrim is that it is sooo long and engrossing that you don't need to play it through again to achieve 200 hours of play time! The side quests alone (main story not included) could take you well over 100 hours. This is what I call a RPG folks. With Skyrim I feel I got every bit of my moneys worth and then some :infinity:

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yeah it's quite a fps hit and I keep telling myself that I'll settle for lush grass but once I load up and see it I just can't get myself around to uninstalling :)

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah i know what you mean :D

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    right guys i really want to enjoy this game but i find a few problems

1) the leveling system is to quick, you get super strong super early and get all the best items in game way to early, and then you put the game in master diff and you level up even quicker as you get more XP from dead peeps :( .. so then i get to whiterun for the first time at level 20+ and i explore the land to the west then level upto 50+ in this small area and their is no point in playing as i have all the best gear and think searching chests and exploring for stuff is waste of time

2) the skill leveling is stupid easy and i cant help but exploit it, ie smithing, i can get 100% smithing in less than 30min at level 20 by making iron daggers, and because i can do this i do it then think well now im sure strong whats the point also other skill tree items are broke like this

is their a mod to sort this out so i can play and level much slower and make it worth while exploring ?

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I subcribed to the "Skyrim Scaling Stopper" mod which creates a 99% static world for you to explore. You can find any weapon or monster from level 1 on, but the higher ones are extremely rare.

Means you get slapped around a lot at levels 1-10 and you're better off sneaking & fleeing to level up. Around 20 you'll have your revenge and around 30 you're feeling like a hero, only paying attention to better equipped bosses, all the rest is just cannon fodder.

Great fun!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9857

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yes, it's called "Self Restraint" and it doesn't even need to be downloaded. Seriously, what's the big deal? If you think something is over powered then don't use it. :bang:

20. I am looking for a mod that cures villagers from Leeroy Jenkinisis.

A.k.a. running towards any enemy in the town and fighting to the death.

Town of Riften just got attacked by Bandits and Marauders and the fight was awesome, but too many important villager NPC's rushed to the fight and be killed instantly.

I need a mod that makes Villagers more reasonably cowardly.