Old Games Applicated

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Compilant X, May 11, 2013.

1. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    How to play old games, Like Sim city 4 and Homeworld with the most new drivers? Which drivers to choose if it are not enthusiastic compatible at the new ones?

I'm experiencening some problems with those ones; like models flickering, bad Anti Aliasing quality and low shading capabilities.

Nvidia for the mention.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Latest drivers should work fine. They did last time I played sc4.

3. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    On Homeworld: The compatibility mode has stabilized the models in overall settings, but in individual mode it has decreased again. The worse is that's not shading the transparency in antialising as texture too.

Sim City 4, just do not FX, may a individual setting will show me increasing, but I'm not enthusiasmed about that. may a patch...

Anyway, the driver's I have using as last ones experimented is not fully compilant with DirectX 9c, I have not tested DirectX 10 and 11. It anyway are fair-off because I'm using Windows XP and this do not support it. I'm satisfied with it to continue not using, if it are some problem related to the new DirectX regards. What do not make difference thinking on DirectX 9 as fully compilant and the games with oldest support than that.

May it work with the new driver's but it are not fully hardware shading.

4. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    To completes Underworld Patched still freezes on engine load. If it was games based on technology, it now is games trying to be technology.

Technology has been made to be as part of it not before of it.

We cannot live in those chains like they want to go in completion of the new ones. But the technology is mother earth.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    .....Wat

6. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    On freeze, the engine still are blocking the Operational System, reseting the computer and trunkling the Hard-disk. :pc1:

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I love everything about this thread, especially the word "trunkling."

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    dis iz some bad englisheez having been typened into teh here by me

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    playing Captain Claw, had to disable explorer.exe to play it without the graphical glitches

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The chains the chains of technology !!
    Is this a bot?

11. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

He's obviously using a translator of some sort. You can ALMOST make sense of it all. I bet he's pretty smart in his native language.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    SimCity 4 works just fine on my PC with the latest Nvidia 320 drivers.

13. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    Several Off tópics, more personally to the comment than to the discussion, we have back to the time already:

I was using a Video Card with not awfull feature, Now I'm using a Video with less than that. May I have to back with the old card to play, like a cartridge, no matter the fact, that is standard as computer, not game cartridge.

I'm not interested in evolution when I'm gaming classics.

But Thinking about that as positive, those drivers is what's not supporting since the last one's 3.14.22, 3.14.07 and factory default driver, more reliable, able to save the settings on a file. But at the same level unsupported shading and stuff. Maybe a bit more hardware.

14. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    Resume part1:

I have tested some changes with the old and nice "simple" nvhardpage, it showed me some changes, but at the simple task the antialiasing still flicks instead of effect for homeworld and others... let's see what more...

Sim City 4 (this is deluxe) still do not make any regard to the valors it represents as update in Windows XP. I have expirienced it before as a conflict with Framework (above 2.0), maybe it was what was implicating within for.

I don't had liked the must they have in framework for programming, it call more theyselfs than the client expertise. It are hudge, works, but do not make effect automatically for automatically updates.

Windows Xp is something beyond fair away, to have a particular meaning than the way, they fade away, and they are going with Windows Vista in 7. The security issues are patches but it's not all the atention they made automatically to update instead of have it integral to whql. It's another discussion. The gaming is the priority now. But at, even another discussion, where do I go If I have to uninstall all frame work updates and security issues? To find the role with 57kbps Connection? For more incredible than it appear's was 2mbps cable.

Terrible...

15. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    In Homeworld with some individual settings I have fixed it to "something" standard. Different ways has not presented the values I know as example. But works better at final results, whenever the way is not so greatfull. :rolleyes:

With the freeze, I have solved the situation just bitting the Window Button to get off before anything screwl it out!

The game still aren't shading and are flickering... don't loose the atention for that.

Last edited: May 13, 2013

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    "I have solved the situation just bitting the Window Button to get off before anything screwl it out!"
    Thats my new sig.

Good luck op :)

17. ibitato

ibitato Guest

SIm City 4 will crash after couple of hours with no warning
    save your games

18. kiya

kiya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Twin Frozr III
    dude no offense but if you're gonna post in a international forum atleast learn some functional english.

I want to help but i don't even understand what you're saying..

19. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    Sim city 4 is Sharpenning edges and effecting fair, but is not shading some texturing as the world is rendering models texturized.

Maybe some combination do the configuration, but It do not seen as basic to see more than a driver incompatibility, may with framework.

If you can confirm that for a solution.

20. Compilant X

Compilant X Member

GPU:
    Brand
    I'm offended anyway, you're reported... I am Dilbert Fan, and you're not him. After that I prefer to see you out of my conversations as unit you're in the world.