Microsoft: Buy Office 365, Not Office 2013. Or You'll Be Sorry

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 18, 2013.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If I need Office....the wife's lappy came with it pre-installed. My parents still use OfficeXP.... If all else fails, I'll download LibreOffice or OpenOffice.... Can't wait for the fights with the school system when it comes time for my son to start typing papers....lol. That's going to be fun. Had some fun fights over that when I was in school.

2. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Why even think of paying for microsoft office when you can download for free OPEN OFFICE.

3. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Fixed that for you

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    OpenOffice.org its free its open source does everything Offices does and did i mention its free.

Dont buy either and you wont be sorry at all

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

In effect, that's exactly what I was saying! You're definitely not the only one. It is unpleasant to use! It ranges from people like yourself that simply cannot use it, to people who think they can use it fine but their productivity decreases due to eye strain, mental fatigue (related to eye strain) etc.

Besides, with LED screens all the white will increase power usage! Only maybe a couple of watts, but in a big business it all adds up. Increased power usage, lower productivity...

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I agree with most of what you wrote :)
    But LED PC screens are backlit LCDs and the backlights dont use localised dimming.
    Some PC displays can dim the whole screen for darker images, but if there is anything bright on the screen (ie any bright white), the dimming wont be active.
    The dimming wont be active when using a word processor.

You can manually set the dimming/brightness, but that applies to any scenario.

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    While a dark theme would be ideal, saying that the range is from people who can't use it, to people who have illusions about their ability to use it is pretty disingenuous. I can use it fine, though I understand complaints from those who don't.

No headaches, eyestrain, seizures, none of that for me. I simply use it, and don't think about it. There are a number of others like me, believe it or not.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't care. I get the full Office Professional suite for $10

9. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    As a student Office 365 definitely is hands down the better deal. Two licenses for 4 years for $80.

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    For your daily office needs, LibreOffice takes care of that. Personally, the only times I use Microsoft Office is to make my reports look pretty. Other than that, Microsoft Office is pretty useless for me. It doesn't help MS Office that I also use Google Drive extensively for my work.

deltatux

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You mean Google Docs?
    Google Drive is nice but Google Docs is terrible.