ACDsee32 alternatives.

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Bornslip, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Bornslip

Bornslip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    Back in the Win 98/XP days I had this awesome program called ACDsee32, it was basically a super lightweight picture viewer with support for all the formats your could think of, it had superb usability, literally no footprint and replaced the native windows picture viewer.

What was so great about this is that it took milliseconds to load pictures, scrolling through a folder of high res pictures was a breeze and it just sat there on your machine to display pictures, no menus, interface, it didn't try to be photoshop, it just worked.

The problem is that the software got bigger and more useless with each version as the developers crammed more stuff in there, and ofcourse, they made the older versions harder to find than that one brick of lego when you actually need it.

Anyway, if someone could point me to an alternative, or even better, if someone knows of a magical place with unicorns and flying pigs that hosts the original free ACDsee32 installer, that would be awesome.

2. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    The only alternative i know of right now is XNView

3. Bornslip

Bornslip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    After some configuration XNview is more or less exactly what I wanted, thanks for the tip! :)

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Personally I use IrfanView; been for years.

5. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
  6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Faststone image viewer, Best one i ever had..
    Very good pic quality, view options, diashow, and more..
    Greetz BetA

7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I use faststone too because it has many good functions. However it is not very fast, especially with folders that have many images.

Had to stop using ACDsee 2.43 because it locked itself with animated gif files. Perhaps running it in compatibility mode would have worked? Oh well...

ACDsee 2.43 was superfast.

8. Bornslip

Bornslip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti
    You sir, are awesome... Thank you! :)