Is Samsung S27A950D good for 3d gaming/movies at 1080p 120hz?

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by ralphjayson, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It really is a great screen. I even like it better the more other screens I get to look at.
    So far, all the "TN" downsides I found were reproducable on other screens also (apart from the viewing angle which isn't an issue for me). Color artifacts, banding, all to be found on other panels too -> those that I can see are caused my the basic image itself, not a bad reproduction of the screen.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ^Radical,

Do u use auto LIGHT TUNING? i use it and happy. it works bette than my LG TV's auto intelligent stuff.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I use it on my TV but not on this monitor. Here I sticked to my nifty calibrated settings :D

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i see,

and tell me what is difference between 3D screen options like SIDE-BY-SIDE and other mods? it isnt full hd?

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes exactly, they only have half resolution one way or the other (half height or half width) apart from "frame sequential". That's the one you'd want to have as it has full HD resolution.
    I must admit though that I haven't followed the 3D thing much lately, will get back to it though to play some classics in 3D :)

6. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Well had it returned it. Yes 120hz but at 1080 and 27" and TN screen and a dot pitch of .31 ouch. And their glasses.. thats the killer.

Unless your blind and going from a dot pitch of .23 then go to .31 is like night and day.

I went through some of these and they all had some light bleed which if you took apart you find if you loosen a screw here and there the bleed in the lower right hand was 80% gone.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You were saying?

8. tx3

tx3 Guest

GPU:
    660ti
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    EDIT: Tested around and noticed it's the Samsung glasses that make it darker, the monitor is bright though. Is it possible to use a WIRED 3D Vision 2 glasses to be able to play games in proper brightness?

EDIT 2: Setting the monitor to Frame Sequential makes 3D darker as well. I can't seem to understand the point of using an modded INF 3D Vision 2 if the brightness is there but dissapears when setting to FS.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012