iPhone 5 'will be released on Friday September 21'

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Doug, Jul 24, 2012.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^^^^

They are the same. :)

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow that first motorola phone must be from the 70's :D

4. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    They did, it's called Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

But in all honesty, i've been using Android since 2.2 and stock (not touchwiz or sense) 2.3 Gingerbread has next to no lag on a 800 mhz single core, problem is the manufacturers like Samsung and HTC add crap loads of bloatware to Android and Google lets them do it

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Now thats alol. :nerd:

I just saw nokia 808. That looks good too. Samsung s3 battery is killing me.

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Why does the first Motorola phone have a colour screen?

iPhone 5 will probably look the same but with an every so slightly bigger screen and an ever so slightly thinner shell.

I like my HTC Titan (Windows Phone 7.5), I ditched Android for it. The good thing about 7.5 is that Microsoft were specific on requirements and a single core CPU doesn't draw as much battery power and keeps the cost low.

Windows Phone 8 will ruin that as manufacturers will dish out quad core processors which means bigger batteries and all of this will drive up the cost. My Titan cost me £275.

The cost of an iPhone is just ridiculous. The price is not worth the hardware / software.

7. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    It's not about Google letting them do it. Android is open source, the manufacturers can do whatever they want with it.

But you're right. People complaining about gingerbread (2.3) when we're on 4.1 is kinda funny.

Until WP7 or iOS can be whatever I want it to be, they're out. I love EVERYTHING about WP7 except the fact that I can't make it what I want it to be. Android can. So I'll stick with it.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    iPhone 5? meh....who cares

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I will when my free upgrade is due later this year.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    And this is why Android users use Titanium backup. You can either delete bloatware or simply freeze them.

This way we can get rid of bloatware & free up used ram...

11. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    this, "awaits the flocks of sheep to queue for days as they do not have anything else better in their life to do"

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I've been there / done that with my one and only Apple product an iPhone 3GS and will never go there again. Only bought it in 2009 because IMO Android wasn't "there yet" and WM didn't exist and BB well...LOL.

Anyways, it's a constant joke of playing cat & mouse with the jailbreaking scene and even then...no custom ROM, no flash, no choice of default piece of software for various tasks (safari, mail, etc I'm looking at you), no google navigation, no expandable memory, no replaceable battery, no widgets, no easy way to play other movie formats other than MOV (e.g. x264 etc.), no FLAC capability, forces you to use clunky software (iTunes) to manipulate data on the device (vs just plug into a computer and drag/drop at will), etc. etc. etc. I can go on and on I'll pass.

Plus considering how integral phones are in today's society why not cough up a few extra dollars for a "high end" phone than settle for junk. Just saying... :)

EDIT: This guy basically says it all...it's a long series of videos but it's a fun watch (esp. if you got time at work that's when I sat and watched lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    See you say that, but at the same time by Google's design the Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 7 all only have onboard memory available, no expandable. Lucky for the manufacturers, Google isn't anyway like Microsoft where they have to go by certain design, or no WP!

I do! It's gonna get me a nice bonus selling these suckers!

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I meant Micro USB not SD, sorry, will edit post now.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Windows Mobile has existed for more than a decade....

WP7 doesn't really need microSD support.....the phones come with 8gb of storage space to start with. Unless you're one of those that has to download everything on the app store....the storage capacity is sufficient.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yawn, another sheep phone

17. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Or one of those that use their phone as their mp3! I had to buy a 16gb because 8 wasn't enough

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've got nearly 600 songs on my HTC Trophy and have yet to have any reason to worry about storage space...not even half full yet.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Depends on the quality your using, all my music is stored as flac so i needed to get a 32gb card, with 8gb i would be deleting and swapping more often than i like to.

Would love to get an iphone myself, but it's abit too locked down for my liking and things like no expandable storage is an issue for me, and i wouldn't pay the ott prices they ask for the larger ones.

Will be interesting to see how well this sells, if anything Samsung Galaxy's are the new trendy "sheep" phones, but can still see this selling well, especially with women who in general just want a phone to;
    1. Just work, but also fast and stable.
    2. Be a decent size and not be so stupidly big that they can't hold it properly.

20. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My 16gb has less than 1gb free without even trying, was shocked when I saw it. Videos, thousands of photos, roms, wallpapers, apps, all sorts I need more than 8gb for. Spose I could back them up off the phone and delete but I want it on there :)

Still got 3 sd cards from my last 3 phones, it's nice to plug one in and relive the past for a while :D

* Should add that I switched to phone as my mp3 after my ipod 60gb died that I'd used for years and 40/20gb ones before that, so suddenly only having 8gb to play with was a bit of a shock :infinity:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012