Official Samung Galaxy S7 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by DeathAngel74, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed impressive!

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i have the Edge for 3 months already, seriously nothing beats the S7 edge, as a whole this phone is one notch of perfection, nothing beats it's battery life and camera.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I hear that many hate the edges of the Edge though.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    used too, but one update soon after launch fix that, before update i touched it all the time and it would do weird stuff, after update a only touch it very seldom when it flips out, works perfect nonetheless.

It's the only phone, along with S6 Edge that i can control the music when screen is off, no need to unlock it anymore for it.

5. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    We finally have root back on our S7's/Edge. Thanks to everyone at xda that contributed!!!

[​IMG]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-galaxy-s7/how-to/root-thread-t3410633

Screenshots from my personal S7 SM-G930V(Verizon-Qualcomm) G930VVRU1APB1(original FW) I didn't take any updates just in case this day came...Going to test PE1 (June patch) once its finished downloading and root again...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I've spent a couple of days with my S7 now and I like it. I prefer it's size to the G4, it's smaller, fits in the hand nicely. It's built really well.

Nice snappy phone, haven't rooted yet and don't think I will bother. Installed Nova Launcher, set up all my apps and widgets. Works great.

Screen is ok, viewing angles are good but there's a slight green tint if you look at the screen from the left under an extreme angle, a blue tint if you look from the right and a purple tint if you look at the screen from bottom. All of this under extreme angles, under normal operation the screen stays nice and uniform. It's still far from accurate though, I actually prefer the screen on the LG G4, Super Amoled has it's massive advantages, for sure, but there's drawbacks too.

Still, nothing much to complain about, camera again is good, but not as good as the LG G4 camera, no full manual mode but then there's some nice tweaks, the focus is better, better shooting modes too, if that's what you like. For me though, I used manual mode on the G4 all the time and I loved it.

Overall, happy. Good to be back with Samsung.

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Manual mode on G4 is a beast, auto sucks, but i think S7 camera is better overall, specially in well lit and artificial lighting, but G4 camera is standing strong, i had this phone, shame the battery on G4 was poor and performance, 3D mainly were very poor.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would agree, in good light the S7 is a really good snapper but in low light and at night, the G4 manual mode is great.

Overall, they're trading blows. Depends on the conditions.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've already smashed the back of my S7 Edge, suppose that's what I get for thinking it's to pretty for a case lol.

The wife has the G5 so I get to compare the pros/cons of each phone.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

hmmm, now I'm kinda worried. How bad is it?

Well I was looking forward to it when I heard about better battery, - this would look very handy on my Alpha., stupid Samsung taking its time..

EDIT:
    Ok WIFI should be ok, my router has 5G band enabled by default.
    And I had this glitch in Lollipop 5.02 too with my old docis2.0 wifi router, it didn't support 5G.. I wondered why it started stuttering or not respond when I streamed music to bluetooth speaker and surfed the web, no wonder 2.4G signals were fighting each other :grin:

What about GFX and camera perf? Im especially interested in camera bugs. Use the phone a lot for pics.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Camera bugs were fixed two months ago, i didn't notice any bugs.
    Camera is the best u can find, it's awesome no matter what condition u shooting in.

GFX is problematic, probably the worst of any flagship, some games work ok some not, sammy throttle the device on purpose to save power, root can help with that.

Tekken NFS unlimited angry birds 2 have lots amount of lag, that never happend with 5.1.1 on Note 5, but even since 6.0.1 it started.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what about game tuner ?

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    u can lower the resolution, but after a while it behaves erratically, performance will be even worse... sammy messed up big time, all this power just throttled.

14. jackerby

jackerby Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 960 ACX
    Never noticed any camera bugs either

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    neither do i, but those who have Sony sensor had some objects appeared incorrect, that's why samsung added "shape correction" option.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Woohoo my service provider just accepted my contract, receiving my S7 tomorrow!

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Excellent news, make sure you get latest updates as it fixes some bugs in the camera as well as other stuff.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Hehe first thing i always do when receiving a new phone. :nerd:

I'll mainly use it for Pokemon Go probably, how does it perform in games and VR?

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    please NO MORE POKEMON GO!!! lol

VR is amazing with it, watching youtube while laying down or just GrooVR, which is VR for music with different world around you, pretty awesome.

In games S7 is the worst phone out of all flagships, it does not effect all games but it perform poorly, throttling on purpose.