Low Benchmark Score

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by GlenSmith1, Mar 6, 2006.

1. GlenSmith1

GlenSmith1 Member

GPU:
    ati 1900xtx 512mb
    I just built a new computer and i think my benchmark score is a lil low. Im getting 9420 in 3d mark 05 My computer is

Asus a8n-premium motherboard with a amd 64 processor 4000+
    ati 1900xtx card using 6.2 drivers
    2gb of corsair cmx1024
    sb x-fi sound card
    250 gb hard drive

I am new at this but i thought i seen some scores for the 1900xtx in the 12,000 mark. Is my score about right or am i missin something. I wanna make sure im getting the most out of my system. Thanx for any help

2. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    People pull the "higher scores" are overclocking their CPU & GFX card(s).

3. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Looks pretty normal ....

4. Stock you should be clearing 10k easily with that card. Check you driver options, are you forcing AA or AF? Is the card getting enough power, what is your PSU?

5. GlenSmith1

GlenSmith1 Member

GPU:
    ati 1900xtx 512mb
    Thanx for the replys,After messin around i changed my desktop from 1280 x1024 to 1024 x 768 when running the 3d mark an everything on performance i got a 10415 score. I bought a new psu with the card its a BFG 600 WATT PSU.

6. OK that sore seems about right, at stock clocks.(still think a teeny bit on the low side, mine at stock clocks clears 11k) What is your setup? CPU, Ram, Mobo,...ect?

7. GlenSmith1

GlenSmith1 Member

GPU:
    ati 1900xtx 512mb
    My setup is a, Asus motherboard a8n-sli premium,cpu is a amd 4000+
    my ram is corsair 2 sticks of ddr 1 gb 3200 xms cl2 single mod
    sound blaster x-fi xtreme music card
    a soprano thermaltake case with plent of cooling
    bfg 600 wat psu
    latest driver for everything except my bios dont know how to update that
    and a viewsonic 19 vx924 lcd says 3 ms response max res is 1280x1024 @ 75mzh refresh rate

8. That's a pretty nice rig you got there, not to far off from mine. With those components your score seems about right. Like I said though I thought your card was capable of a bit more, but no one will complain about 500 points. Anyway enjoy you rig and welcome to the forums.

9. GlenSmith1

GlenSmith1 Member

GPU:
    ati 1900xtx 512mb
    Thanx for the comments on my rig, I was wondering about my bios i know their is a update but the program that comes with it on the disk asus updater will not detect my mother board and i dont know how to do it manualy i dont want to ruin my board paid to much for it. This is my first computer build and still learning. Also i was wondering on my memory i have them next to each other in the slots, but down at best buy i was checkin out one of their gamin computers and they had 2gb of memeory but 1 stick was in first slot and the other one was in the third slot does that make a difference. Other then that 500 points is not that much and it plays all the games smooth except madden has some texture coruption on the field with the white lines blinkin.

10. My advice on your mobo drivers, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (especially if you are unsure of what you are doing) And as far as your memory config, just make sure that it is in dual channel (download CPU-Z in the downloads section to see) And the whilt blinking speckles in madden are called artifacts, usually caused from your video memory being OC'd too high, though if it's doing it at stock clocks you may have a bad memory module on your card. Check your other games, and look closely at everything to see. If not you just may have a little hiccup in your installation of madden.