HD 7000 Series Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pokerapar88, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    TBH I reckon it would go further only my board can't supply enough voltage.

I run it 24/7 at 3.77

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    no, im observing tech demo gfx and that's the whole point of it :)

Also simple dof like that or basic bokah lensflare reproduction isn't really demanding.
    Yes i said 285gtx would run it with ease, imo even 8800gtx/ 250gts would be more then enough @ dx9.

Check nvidias 6800 nalu demo, 7900 luna and madmod mike demo or Ati 2900XT Ruby or 4870 Ruby demos.

The only thing that kinda stood out in this console tech demo were those models, few smoke bits and shadows looked pretty good for such hw, the rest is on avg. :nerd:

3. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I'll just take it you're trolling. There's very few PC games that come anywhere near to that tech demo.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    And i'll assume you're trolling as well :infinity:

Nope. And i said PC tech demos, this what you showed ain't a game either. :)

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well, even at 3.77 it is quite a lot ! I couldn't go any further than 3.45 in my Athlon II 640 :S I mean, it might have been because of the memory because you an only OC by BCLK :/
    Now I'm more than happy at a 4.3Ghz 24/7 OC, hard rock stable and quite cool I must add. I love cheap AMDs they manage to withstand whatever you throw at 'em, but I must admit that after I tried the i5.... the very foundations of my existence around computer hardware crumbled into tiny pieces. I thought it wouldn't be so much of a difference... but there is.
    Anyway, all in all, great Oc you got there, I'd like comparing some results with you at that 3.9Ghz you could manage to squeeze !

CPU Queen: 40730
    Photoworxx: 58734
    ZLib: 250.6 MB/s
    AES: 433678
    Hash: 3021 MB/s
    FPU VP8: 3930
    FPU Julia : 21138
    FPU Mandel: 11698
    FPU SinJulia: 3798
    Mem Read: 19040 MB/s
    Mem Write: 21317 MB/s
    Mem Copy: 21019 MB/s
    Latency: 47.0 ns

Taken today with AIDA64 v2.00.1700

EDIT: Everyone is invited to post their results as well ! After all, this is my post ^^

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  6. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Nope, its not, but its running on PS3/Xbox 360 in real time - which was the purpose. Not to state that its better than PC, but to show what the consoles are capable of.

Its not a bad chip (the x4 645) but I do get a bit of CPU limitation in some things (like older 3d marks where GPU usage will drop to 25%). But in BF3, my GPU usage is 95-99% consistently, and the performance is great with my 6870 @1000/1200.

It does for what I need it to do, but I do want to upgrade it. For €99, it was an excellent purchase tbh.

7. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I won't argue about that ! That's why i bought my 640 the first time ! Its an excellent performer for the price. I played BF3 at very decent frames with it, same goes to most of the games. I payed 150 USD though, here technology is quite more expensive !
    The biggest difference comes at loading stuff, rendering stuff, big gaming scenes with lots of stuff, and some games that are more cpu intensive that show the CPU shining against my old 640.
    For eg. MW2 online, boosted from 60-80 fps to solid 125fps maxed out.

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    It's not a matter of point of view, and you don't quite seem to be grasping the concepts that I'm talking about as you clearly have misunderstood my statements.

"Yea this direct access to low hw layer helps a little" -- this doesn't make it fast. I don't think you understand the concept of abstraction layers and the benefits of forgoing them, which is easy to do on consoles since you only have to target once device and you know it will always work.

The idea of abstracting graphics routines with languages like OpenGL and Direct X is to provide a portable generalised interface for drawing graphics on the screen. This also applies for languages like C, C++, C#, Java the list goes on. It's the generalisation of the these languages that makes it hard to optimise as there's not a lot you can really do if you want to reach all your target platforms, keep compatibility and keep down costs of maintenance.

If you work with consoles you can just go optimise a lot of your code by using assembly language or being hardcore and going straight to machine language (you mad!). By profiling your code on a console you can exactly where you can gain extra horse power by rescheduling code and making better use of available resources.

There's also the fact that the 360 and PS3 have monster IBM processors in them with an architecture geared towards media (excellent vector processing capabilities) the likes of which I would say is only closely mimicked by an AMD APU.

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

Beautifully explained !

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Not really, more of the same stuff.. And that IBM cpu aint thaat strong either.. Its this low hw layer that saves these crappy consoles as a whole.

Anyway this is going waaaaaaay off topic..

11. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    [​IMG]

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

No need for that, no ones trolling. Having Less compatibilty issues/ No bloated OS/ hardware geared for a specific purpose clealry improves console performance in games, no one is disagreeing with that.

let's get back on topic.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    lmao @ Laykun, what a tool! :spam: :grab:

14. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Holy wow, the spray works!

All I can say is that I'll be getting the 7990 when it's released along with a 7970 to drive my eye finity setup on BF3 despite all the driver problems I'll probably have.

I hope this coming year AMD will get it's act together and improve on the robustness of their driver. Perhaps they need to develop a new process for building drivers? it just seems to me over the year of 2011 there has been one too many blunders and regressions with the catalyst driver suite. Their hardware is good, it's the drivers that need more work.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Im tempted to go for AMD this time around but the drivers man,i dunno what to do tbh.

16. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Veteran

With a single card solution doesnt really matter either brand. Multi-gpu as you know there can be issues especially for new games.

17. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Why has TheHunter been banned? I have checked this threads and latest posts and I can't see anything he has written to warrant a ban. Maybe I'm missing something...

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Don't expect to get an explanation.... in most cases, it is something we're all missed, and usually for good reason.

Remember: Ask not what the user said, nor why for what the mod did....

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah, but lately AMD's drivers have been having issues in single GPU combos too.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hope its not a perma ban, and he'll be back soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.