New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Now after Polaris launch there is no DX12_Feature Level with this one.
    Now it is like always DX12.0 and that is it.

Like DX9.3 or 10.1 or 11.1 That dash in 12_ is obsolete now.
    In a year or so we will have DX12.0 and DX12.1
    12.0 means Fully DX12 compilant HardWare. :) with Upcoming PS/VS 6.0

DX12.1 will pack new ins. sets + PS/VS in 6.1 Specification

DX9.3 SM/VS 3.0 (i remeber first game that used this: NFS UnderGround 2)
    DX10.1 SM/VS 4.1
    DX11.1 SM/VS 5.1
    DX12.0 SM/VS 6.0 (we will have Win_X Big SP RedStone v.1 in Aug.2)

HLSL Shader Model 5.1, introduced with D3D12 and D3D11.3 (Yes 11.3 i told you about this some time ago when i point out that this DX12_x we have Now its not Fully New DX12.0 that is comming this Year)

Of course Shader Model & Vertex Model can give us new level of Image Quality along with HDR it will give us shocker eyes :bounce:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD RX 490 4K Gaming Card Listed By Sapphire & Spotted In Official Slide – Launching In 2016 !

"AMD’s RX 490 4K gaming graphics card has made three surprise appearances. Once on AMD’s website and again in an official slide and a third time on Sapphire’s website. AMD’s largest add-in-board partner for discrete graphics cards. Clues for this yet unannounced RX 400 series flagship graphics card were given first by the company in a slide detailing the new Radeon RX 400 series nomenclature. Shortly afterwards the very same GPU was discovered on AMD’s and Sapphire’s websites.

The RX 490 graphics card, as defined by the company, is a 4K gaming class GPU with a memory interface that’s larger than 256bit. That is to say a memory interface larger than what’s found on the Radeon RX 480 and RX 470 graphics cards. Which the Radeon Technologies Group defines as 1440p class gaming products.
    AMD RX 490 4K Gaming Graphics Card Listed By Sapphire & Leaked In Official Slide

AMD’s nomenclature slide clearly shows a tier 9 product in the RX 4XX family. Which is the RX 490 graphics card in question. The graphics card is designed for 4K gaming and is configured with a memory interface large enough to cope with the heavy bandwidth demand that this resolution dictates. Interestingly the company has also detailed what the third digit in each name actually means.

In this case the 0 in the RX 480 indicates that this is the first revision of this product. Leaving room in the naming scheme for an updated card with enhanced performance and power characteristics. Whether AMD has an RX 485, RX 475 or an RX 465 in the works isn’t confirmed by any means. However if the company chooses to make any, the new naming scheme can happily accommodate them.

The Radeon 400 series lineup will also include 4XX graphics cards without the RX prefex. As it turns out only graphics cards with a compute horsepower that’s over 1.5 teraflops and a memory bandwidth of at least 100GB/s qualify.

AMD has confirmed to us that the RX 480 is based on the most powerful configuration of the Polaris 10 GPU. This makes the RX 490 quite the mystery card, because the most powerful configuration of Polaris 10 is already in-use. Although thankfully there are enough clues around that if followed do give us a very good idea of what this graphics card actually is. So let’s follow the paper trail that AMD has left behind.

Patrick Moorhead – Forbes
    Raja K. also talked about how Advanced Micro Devices’ RTG will need to execute on their architectural designs and create brand new GPUs, something that Advanced Micro Devices has struggled with lately. He promised two brand new GPUs in 2016"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THX goes to WCCF & Web etc.

Update:

What I tell you Brothers in GPUrms?
    That i know one thing:
    GPU die size: ~420mm, if i have correct reading this cargo it will Pack HBM !
    If this is for 4k Gaming it is verry posible that this one is my Big Polaris :nerd:

And now im confused, i thought that it will emerge in October/November
    But according to some Sources we can expect Polaris Enthusiast Level GPU in September !
    If Yes i will hold my GPU horses and Pick one of these instead of RX 480 Custom.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The next iteration should be Vega, and it's supposed to have HBM2, so this is a no-go.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Big Vega is the one VGA i am most interested to get in my next upgrade , keep posting information , rumours and all the good stuff guys :thumbup: , exciting times ahead ...

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yeah NP i will :flip2:

Great to have you on our side !
    I like Leaks etc. cuz' we can have an glimpse into the Future, and sometimes Leaks are very accurate :)

Keep commin' here Bratan'

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here from 3Dmark Time Spy DX12 benchmark (early leak)

Today Futuremark is pulling the covers off of their new Time Spy benchmark, which is being released today for all Windows editions of 3DMark. A showcase of sorts of the last decade or so of 3DMark benchmarks, Time Spy is a modern DirectX 12 benchmark implementing a number of the API's important features. All of this comes together in a demanding test for those who think their GPU hasn’t earned its keep yet.

DirectX 12 support for game engines has been coming along for a few months now. To join in the fray Futuremark has written the Time Spy benchmark on top of a pure DirectX 12 engine. This brings features such as asynchronous compute, explicit multi-adapter, and of course multi-threading/multi-core work submission improvements. All of this comes together into what I think is not only visually interesting, but also borrows a large number of gaming assets from benchmarks of 3DMarks past.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3DMark: Time Spy Demo

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    not exatcly early, i already ran it.

in case anyone is interested for comparison: 3822 graphics score. 290 @1030/1400

system on the left.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/18273

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    4250 gpu score for me @ 1110 core. I just feel this benchmark is showing amds lack of tessellation performance and limit in gpixels vs nvidia.

But anyway so with vega they are updating the ISA-architecture. Polaris was only 8.1 vs 8.5 on fiji and 8.0 on Tonga. So Vega should see some more improvements being 9.0. And 4096 shader cores then for smaller Vega and the bigger one will have something more.

https://www.chiph ell.com/thread-1557825-1-1.html

What is smc and why does Carrizo have it higher?

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD OpenCL drivers already mention VEGA 10 and VEGA 11

"The following list can be found in OpenCL driver, that is present in the latest Crimson software.

# SI: TAHITI
    # CI / GFX7: MILOS, KRYPTOS, HAWAII, NEVIS, PENNAR, BONAIRE, Kabini
    # VI / GFX8: ICELAND, TONGA, CARRIZO, BERMUDA, racerx, FIJI
    # GFX81: AMUR, STONEY, ELLESMERE, DERECHO
    # GFX9: GREENLAND, RAVEN1X, VEGA10, VEGA11

The SI, CI, VI and GFX stand for GPU generations. The latest, yet unreleased architecture is GFX9, which includes Greenland, Raven1X, Vega10 and Vega 11. For quite some time Greenland was rumored to be just another codename for Vega10, but since it’s listed separately, we should assume that Greenland is something else, probably an integrated graphics chip.

Greenland first appeared in Linkedin profile of AMD employee. It revealed that new chip would sport 4096 shader processors. It’s unlikely that integrated chip would feature so many cores, so this number is likely referring to Vega 10.
    AMD Vega 10 Greenland 4096 Cores

Vega is still planned for next year. AMD recently updated its roadmap to reflect the high-end nature of this architecture.

More importantly, Vega will be the first AMD architecture to feature High-Bandwidth-Memory 2 (HBM2). The reason why this is important is because NVIDIA’s Pascal GP100 already has HBM2 memory on board (well at least in prototypes), but NVIDIA is also developing GP102 chip, which is rumored to stick to GDDR5X standard and be more gaming oriented.

The good news is that Hynix already confirmed availability of HBM2 chips in third quarter, so just in time for Vega architecture, which is arriving early next year. The question is, are both Vega 10 and Vega 11 using HBM2 technology? Maybe Vega 11 will use GDDR5X instead?"

THX to Videocardz & WEB etc.

I bet that this Big Polaris i tell you about is one of these:
    GFX9: GREENLAND, RAVEN1X !
    Becouse GREENLAND is Next Gen after Fiji (according to last Year slides)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Some early Leaks for Custom RX 480 (don't know which one tho)

But i know that 1500MHz on 1x8-PCIe is easy to achieve.
    :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    RAVEN1X will be Zen apu if anything. Greenland could very well be bristol ridge in the end.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    core clock 1530, yeah right, that will happen.

there is no difference in a 6pin and an 8pin connector on modern PSUs.

over 75watts is out of spec on 6pin, but it can easily handle 150watts no problem.

the 2 extra pins are just grounds to help reduce resistance for the VRMs. They dont "add" any wattage.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    If those are the hardware volt modded water cooled result then I can assure you that 1,5 GHz is not going to be easy. I'm expecting ~1,4 GHz max OC for custom cards without hardware mods and with air cooling.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im expexting 1350 max.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    This seems logical for a standard OC with some unicorns hitting 1400.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    For majority that's probably the norm. Few golden samples may reach ~1,4 GHz. But then again... they might not since no reference card has managed that as far as I know (hardcore hardware mods do not count). 1,5 GHz is definitely not going to happen.

By the way, RX 480 Strix will run at 1330 MHz.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    that seem reasonable...

i wish we could get nitro+ clocks..

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Strix RX 480

All-new VR-ready gaming graphics card outshines the competition with leveled-up performance and Aura RGB Lighting

KEY POINTS

Fastest gaming performance: Up to 15%-faster performance in 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme and 19%-faster gaming performance in Hitman and Doom
    Ultimate cooling: DirectCU III technology with patented wing-blade fans and ASUS FanConnect for up to 30%-cooler and 3X-quieter performance
    Premium quality and reliability: Industry-exclusive Auto-Extreme technology and Super Alloy Power II components
    Game your way: Aura RGB Lighting for system personalization and VR-friendly HDMI ports for immersive VR experiences

Taipei, Taiwan (15th July, 2016) — ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Strix RX 480, an all-new VR-ready gaming graphics card with ultra-fast gaming performance, advanced cooling and reliability, and personalized styling. Powered by the latest AMD Radeon™ RX 480 graphics processing unit (GPU), clocked at 1330MHz in OC mode, ROG Strix RX 480 delivers up to 15%-faster performance in 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme and 19%-faster gaming performance in Hitman™ and Doom®.
    ROG Strix RX 480 is packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU III with a patented triple wing-blade 0dB fan designed to deliver maximum airflow for 30%-cooler and three-times (3X) quieter performance, and ASUS FanConnect, which features GPU-controlled fan headers to connect to system fans for targeted supplemental cooling. Industry-exclusive Auto-Extreme technology with Super Alloy Power II components ensures premium quality and reliability.
    ROG Strix RX 480 enables complete gaming system personalization with Aura RGB Lighting. A VR-friendly design with two HDMI ports lets gamers always keep a virtual reality (VR) device and a monitor connected to their system for immersive gaming anytime. It also includes GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster for intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.

Ultimate cooling: DirectCU III technology with patented wing-blade fans and ASUS FanConnect

ROG Strix RX 480 is equipped with ASUS DirectCU III cooling technology, which features direct-GPU-contact heatpipes that transport more heat away from the GPU, outperforming reference designs and achieving up to 30% cooler gaming performance. DirectCU III technology includes triple 0dB fans, engineered with a patented wing-blade design that delivers maximum airflow and improves static pressure over the heatsink by 105%, while operating at three-times (3X) quieter volume than reference cards.
    ROG Strix RX 480 also comes with ASUS FanConnect technology. When gaming, the GPU often runs hotter than the CPU, but chassis fans usually only reference CPU temperatures, resulting in inefficient system cooling. ASUS FanConnect solves this issue with two 4-pin GPU-controlled headers that can be connected to system fans to provide targeted supplemental cooling for optimal thermal performance.

Premium quality and reliability: Auto-Extreme technology with Super Alloy Power II components

All ASUS graphics cards are now produced using Auto-Extreme technology, an industry-exclusive, 100%-automated production process that incorporates premium materials to set a new standard of quality. Auto-Extreme technology ensures consistent graphics card quality as well as improved performance and longevity. This new manufacturing process is also environmentally friendly, eliminating harsh chemicals and reducing power consumption by 50%.
    Super Alloy Power II components enhance efficiency, reduce power loss, reduce component buzzing by 50% while under full load, and achieve thermal levels that are approximately 50% cooler than previous designs for enhanced quality and reliability.

Game your way: Aura RGB Lighting and VR-friendly HDMI ports

ROG Strix RX 480 includes ASUS Aura RGB Lighting on both the shroud and the backplate. This stunning illumination technology is capable of displaying millions of colors and six different effects for a totally personalized gaming system. ROG Strix RX 480 also has a VR-friendly design with two HDMI ports that let gamers connect a VR device and display at the same time, so they can enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences anytime without having to swap cables.

Tweakable and intuitive: GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster

Redesigned with an intuitive user interface, GPU Tweak II makes gaming and overclocking easier than ever, while retaining advanced options for seasoned overclockers. With one click, the Gaming Booster function maximizes system performance by removing redundant processes and allocating all available resources automatically. An included one-year XSplit Gamecaster premium license — a $99 value — lets gamers easily stream or record gameplay via a convenient, in-game overlay. The overlay also displays GPU clock speed, temperature, and VRM usage, and has GPU Tweak II controls, so gamers can choose a gaming profile and boost performance with just one click.

AVAILABILITY & PRICING

ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 will be available worldwide from middle of August 2016.

ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING

# 1310MHz boost clock in gaming mode
    # 1330MHz boost clock in OC mode
    # PCI Express® 3.0
    # OpenGL® 4.5
    # 8GB GDDR5 memory
    # 256-bit memory interface
    # 1 x Native DVI-D output
    # 2 x Native HDMI 2.0 outputs
    # 2 x Native Display Port 1.4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016