AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. FarEast

FarEast Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    there's fury x win 10 driver via windows update..can u do some benchmarks with it?

2. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Nevermind... "Deleted"

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    RE: Firestrike + drivers = LoL
    Firestrike-Link (Added new result - Graphical scores are just...)
    On left: Fury X release driver for W8.1 with Fury X code path (15.150.0.0) - 15664
    In middle W10 driver which does not have Fury X code path, so I used Tonga instead (15.200.1040.0.) - 16320
    On right W10 driver which does not have Fury X code path, This time tested Hawaii instead (15.200.1040.0.) - 17296

And Yes, Graphical score went from 15664 to 16320 and then to 17296 which is more than Hilbert's 16081. (4.2% and then 10.4% improvement).
    And at this moment I have highest Graphics score from all people who benched with Single Fury X, that's even against those overclocked.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  4. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    In the "Fury owners" thread on the OverclockersUK, people say that they are already all sold out everywhere. Someone managed to import from Germany one piece. All are waiting for next batch.

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanks, that shows you that the driver have loads of potential. These results are very encouraging.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Couple of guys have them on OcuK, and say the pumps are fine, was only the review samples that had the whine, and AMD said they'd already had the issue resolved, so the retail versions wouldn't have the problem. :)

I'll be in the club soon, got a Sapphire pre-ordered, not a bad card by all accounts, certainly competes with the Ti at 1440p and 4k going by a few reviews, more so at 4k though.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Here in central EU it seems to be somewhat "cheap" if I go by the lowest price, only more recently 980Ti started to drop its price a little.

AMD FuryX from 682€
    Nv 980Ti from 675€ (was 690-700€ before AMD released FuryX, or initial 735€)

I think it won't be long until both get that more "realistic" 650€ price..

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah I hear yah :)

cool have you tried to mess around with the configuration files to get something working?
    whats the ic for the board IR 3567? that's $%^&'s i2c yo
    oh can you gave us the bios?have you messed with that? does ati flash work on it,i could not find any info?

I got a gpu read point that would work for the front and the back of the card.
    ok ok I always try to tell myself its amd just one jajajajajaja
    I promise just one this time :nerd:

I am hoping to turn off tess and run futuremark with it jajajajajajajaja
    anyways thanks for the info

the thing has got just as good of cooling I was going to put on it anyway so voltage and then -0 is on the to do list. I hope my pots fits since I don't even know the bolt spacing.

9. kaywalsk

kaywalsk Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    Registered because of this thread, I've lurked for quite some time, have found some very useful information on your boards throughout the years. I don't currently have a high enough post count to link my firestrike bench so all I can give is my graphics score, which was "16038"

Reading above seeing the gains received using using the beta driver are certainly encouraging, though.

Does anyone know how to change the color of the "tachometer"?

10. tarot

tarot Guest

GPU:
    XFX Vega 64
    dip switches on the side.

mine is on the way got the last one and will be throwing it at fx8350 so should be interesting.

what I really want to see is flatman arkhum pawn results and ark survival(using unreal engine 4)
    which of course I will be doing...I have my comparisons with my oc 290x so we shall see if a grand was worth it

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Here is BIOS. Actually both. GPUz marked neither as UEFI... Maybe they are same? did not run comparison on them since I was not editing them.
    BIOS-Fiji-Default.7z
    As for the IC controlling voltage, I do not plan to modify card or disassemble it for quite some time. I want to see if it is stable and everything at least for 1/2 of year before I break 3-years warranty since that is part of purchase here.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Welcome to Guru kaywalsk :)

Yeah it will get better over time when the drivers mature.

DIP switches to change ther colours of the LEDs are on the back next to the 2x 8-Pins :-

[​IMG]

13. kaywalsk

kaywalsk Guest

GPU:
    Fury X

Thanks! I've got a Noctua NH-D15 cooling my CPU, so I can't get at the DIP switches with the card installed, not exactly worth fiddling with just for a color change though :p

14. Joschi

Joschi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    has anyone managed to run Fury X on W10 Build 10130? bought mine, installed it, but the drivers won't install... only the basic Microsoft Display Driver. i've tried with 15.15 15.200.1040... same effect, GPU-Z 0.8.4 says Fiji

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes I am running int on W10 build 10130.
    And I am on 15.200.1040 which gives better performance than initial review driver.

How to install?
    - 1st: you have to disable driver signature/conflict enforcement in command line running as dministrator:
    - > bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    - > bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    - 2nd: modify inf file to include Fiji as device for which driver is:
    - > Go to your unpacked driver: 15.200.1040\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\
    - > Edit: C0185174.inf
    - > find line like this: "%AMD67B1.1%" = ati2mtag_Hawaii, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67B1&REV_00
    (it has to have ati2mtag_Hawaii there)
    - > replace PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_67B1&REV_00 with PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7300
    - > Take 1st part if string: AMD67B1.1 and search for it
    - > at bottom of file you'll find line like this: AMD67B1.1 = "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series"
    - > change AMD Radeon R9 200 Series to AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
    (or whatever you want your card to be named as)
    - 3rd: reboot
    - 4th: installation
    - > Install CCC via standard setup as usual
    - > go to device manager and chose manual installation for driver, navigate to modified inf file, select your card. Confirm that you want to use unsigned driver.

17. Joschi

Joschi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    OMG You're da MAN, Thx Master GURU!!!

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not even worth uploading to database since it does worse than r9-290:
    [​IMG]
    But you can see in my benches, that there is quite improvement in openCL in Luxmark, so it is either GPUPI bad kernel compilation or it uses something what needs proper driver support.

Edit: Had some fun with Compubench.

19. Joschi

Joschi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    sorry for spamming but have to reach 5 posts to answer chispy

20. Joschi

Joschi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X