Some good news about RivaTuner v2.23

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Jan 23, 2009.

1. hirmak

hirmak Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX285
    Hi,
    Can you add in later versions of Rivatuner an option in Hardware Monitoring,that it would show how much volt the GraKa or(with) all Computersystem uses.That could be very useful.I want to know how much Volt my Card in 2D mod uses.(GTX 260 216@65 Nm-0,7 V in 2d)What does 1,45 A in 2D and 75 A in 3d Modus mean in Hardware Monitoring?

2. Revs

Revs Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 2.0
    Looking forward to the new features Unwinder. I was going to have to flash my cards this weekend so I could OC the 260's and not the PhysX card, but now I'll just wait for the new RT :). Cheers!

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Looks you're confusing Volts with Watts. And no, it is impossible to add any thing you wish and find useful, because the hardware should be able to monitor such values and there are no such sensors on it. However, GPU power consumption can be estimated by VRM output voltage and average VRM current draw. But it won't include additional power consumed by the rest parts of display adapter (e.g. memory chips).

4. Unwinder

Hehe... Familiar nickname from my favorite forum :) Welcome to G3D

5. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Aye Unwinder,
    Any ETA now? :)

6. Unwinder

We've almost finished the testing, polished new sticky graphs mode and added some more power user oriented tweaks for that, so ETA was scheduled on Monday, 16th. However, NVIDIA recently launched 182.05 WHQL candidate driver, which means that official WHQL is close too. So probably I'll wait for WHQL launch and ensure that new version is compatible with it too.

7. Revs

Revs Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 2.0
    :grin:

Cheers bud :)

8. Unwinder

We've added some more fixes and features to 2.23 during closed beta-testing. Updated changes list includes (recently added features are marked with blue color):

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed abnormal negative VRM temperature reading for temperatures above 128°C in VT1103 plugin.
    - Data sources is no loner erroneously displayed twice in the list of data sources in hardware monitoring history setup window after disabling data source, enabling it and pressing "Defaults" button.
    - Data source setup button is no longer grayed in hardware monitoring history setup window when localized GUI is selected.
    - Localization database host resize tokens are no longer ignored in hardware monitoring history setup window when localized GUI is selected.
    - Fixed bug in hardware monitoring log file viewer causing empty graphs to be displayed when opening multi-GPU log file on single-GPU system.
    - Fixed idle memory clock frequency detection for G9x GPU based systems supporting memory clock frequency generator switching to PCIE bus clock (e.g. GeForce 9800GTX+ series display adapters).
    - Minor localization and GUI fixes.

What's new:

- Added ForceWare 182.xx drivers family support.
    - Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 181.20, 181.22 and 182.05.
    - Added Catalyst 9.1 drivers family detection.
    - Updated PCI DeviceID database for NVIDIA display adapters.
    - Added reference fan duty cycle monitoring and low-level fan control tab for G92 based display adapters using integrated on-die fan controller (e.g. GeForce 9800GTX series). Please take a note that low-level fan control tab for display adapters using integrated fan controller is provided only as a workaround allowing you to control the fan if the drivers are completely unable to do it. It is strongly not recommended to use low-level fan control for integrated fan controllers if driver-level fan control functions properly.
    - Added heuristic driver version detection for unattached display devices (for example the secondary GPUs in SLI/Crossfire mode invisible to OS) under Windows Vista.
    - Improved driver-level overclocking and fan control for NVIDIA multi-GPU systems. Thanks to Jacob Freeman @ EVGA for providing GeForce 9600GT SLI system for new features development and debugging. Multi-GPU related improvements include:
    - Added optional independent driver-level overclocking and fan control support for display adapters working in SLI mode. Now RivaTuner provides independent driver-level overclocking and fan control by default for the secondary GPUs in SLI configuration. Driver-level overclocking and fan control on the primary GPU is still mirrored to all secondary GPUs joined into SLI configuration, however this behavior can be disabled via NVAPIMultiGpuClockControl and NVAPIMultiGpuFanControl registry entries if completely independent control is needed.
    - Ability to overclock and control fan speed at driver level for display devices unattached to windows desktop (e.g. display adapters dedicated for PhysX acceleration).
    - Improved hardware monitoring module:
    - New sticky graphs mode was designed special for multi-GPU systems and it greatly improves monitoring window layout and readability on the systems with many active hardware monitoring graphs, which cannot be displayed simultaneously without window scrolling. Now you can easily stick any hardware monitoring graph to other graph(s) and view multiple overlapping graphs on the master graph. The groups of sticky graphs can be easily edited on-the-fly in both manual and automatic modes, dynamic master graph selection allows you to switch between multiple vertical scaling modes for any sticky graphs group. The following sticky graphs related GUI enhancements are available in this version:
    - Added "Stick to other graph" button to the system area of each hardware monitoring graph. You may click this button on any graph you're about to stick to other graph(s) then point desired target graph(s) to manually create groups of sticky graphs with just two mouse clicks.
    - Each graph (for both normal and clipped states) and grid color can be customized in the graph properties now. Custom colors are useful for visual color identification of graphs in a group.
    - Added master graph selection tabs to each group of sticky graphs. Master graph selection affects graphs Z-order and ensures that the master is rendered on top of all graphs in the group, as well as it affects group vertical scaling and grid color settings. Current and tracking marker values also apply to the master.
    - Added "Unstick graph from group" button to the system area of each group of sticky graphs. You may click this button to unstick master graph from the group. You may also hold <Ctrl> when clicking this button to unstick all graphs from the group and hold <Ctrl> + <Alt> to unstick all graphs from all groups.
    - Added "Auto stick graphs" button to hardware monitoring window toolbar for both realtime monitoring and postreal monitoring history viewing modes. You may click this button to activate wizard allowing you to create the groups of sticky graphs automatically. The following automatic modes are available:
    - "Stick by graph units" - groups of sticky graphs are created by graph units similarity. In this mode wizard creates group of sticky graphs with all temperatures in °C units, group of sticky graphs with all clock frequencies in MHz units and so on.
    - "Stick by graph name on multi-GPU systems" - groups of sticky graphs are created by multi-GPU graph names similarity. In this mode wizard creates group of sticky graphs with core temperatures for all GPUs in the system, group of sticky graphs with core clocks for all GPUs in the system and so on.
    - Improved print friendly monitoring graphs screenshot capture:
    - Now besides previously available F11 keyboard shortcut print friendly screen capture can be also performed by pressing new "Capture print friendly screenshot" button on hardware monitoring window toolbar for both realtime monitoring and postreal monitoring history viewing modes.
    - Legend is now displayed on print friendly screenshots for the groups of sticky graphs.
    - Current tracking marker no longer displayed on print friendly screenshots.
    - Improved hardware monitoring plugin API. Now GPU index is passed to API SetupSource function allowing plugin developers to implement GPU specific hardware monitoring settings customization.
    - Updated bundled RivaTunerStatisticsServer v3.1.0 utility:
    - Minor skin appearance changes, "Normal" application detection level has been renamed to "Low" for better understanding.
    - Improved hooking system injects code into OS kernel's LoadLibrary functions by precached offsets and improves compatibility with some protective systems, faking the real LoadLibrary function offsets (e.g. latest revisions of SecuRom coming with new games like Dead Space, Need for speed : Undercover etc). Now such games no longer crash on startup when the server is running and LoadLibrary hooking is enabled by selecting "High" application detection level.
    - Added pre-created profiles for 3D applications, which require non-standard On-Screen Display coordinate space settings (e.g. Codename Panzers : Phase Two and Alpha Prime).
    - Added pre-created profiles for new pseudo-3D applications.
    - Updated bundled D3DOverrider v2.0.0 utility:
    - Fully redesigned user interface:
    - Now D3DOverrider follows by RivaTunerStatisticsServer and also supports user interface skins. User interface skinning usage approach allows RivaTuner fans community to change D3DOverrider's appearance completely and to express themselves in new skins design. Skin format is completely open, skin compiler and decompiler are integrated in D3DOverrider, so please visit techsupport forums to get more detailed information and help on the skin creation.
    - Simplified beginner oriented profile settings. Many previously available power user oriented options, such as per-3D API triple buffering and VSync forcing options, are now merged into unified options and more simple multi-buttons, e.g. "Application detection level" multi-button.
    - Improved help system. Now context sensitive help system is activated by hovering mouse over the control, instead of traditional right-click and "What's this?" based access in the previous versions.
    - Fully redesigned profiles architecture:
    - Now pre-created and user profiles are no longer stored into single file, so user profiles are no longer lost after D3DOverrider reinstallation. Please take a note, that the user profiles are preserved only when D3DOverrider is reinstalled in the same folder.
    - Now it is no longer possible to remove critically important pre-created profiles and pre-created profile settings can be easily restored due to template based profiles architecture.
    - Previously available debug features (sound indication and RivaTuner events logging) can be controlled via profile GUI now.
    - Greatly improved triple buffering forcing safety. Now D3DOverrider analyzes the application's 3D engine specifics and avoids forcing triple buffering for the applications, incompatible with triple buffering by design. Triple buffering is no longer forced under when the application is creating overlay swap chain or swap chain without hardware flipping support. This feature greatly reduces the need of adding new 3D applications to the exceptions list. Now most of such applications (e.g. different video players creating overlay swap chain or some games like Cryostasis, using D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY swap chain) can start when D3DOverrider is running.
    - Changed sound indication ideology. Now attempt to force triple buffering in the application having native triple buffering implementation is indicated by success beep instead of failure beep in the previous version. Failure beeps are now reserved for indicating triple buffering forcing failures due to specifics of 3D engine incompatible with triple buffering by design (please refer to the previous item description).
    - Improved hooking system injects code into OS kernel's LoadLibrary functions by precached offsets and improves compatibility with some protective systems, faking the real LoadLibrary function offsets (e.g. latest revisions of SecuRom coming with new games like Dead Space, Need for speed : Undercover etc). Now such games no longer crash on startup when D3DOverrider is running and LoadLibrary hooking is enabled by selecting "Medium" or "High" application detection levels.
    - Added power user oriented profile settings allowing D3DOverrider to disable injection into Direct3D device reset functions and prevent possible application crashing due to concurrent reset function hooking by D3DOverrider and game's own OSD implementation (e.g. crashing when changing display settings in Team Fortress 2 and D3DOverrider is running). Pre-created profile for Half-Life 2 engine based games demonstrates new setting usage.
    - Updated exceptions list.
    - Extended Direct3D9 capability bits decoding in low-level diagnostic report module.
    - Improved command line interface. Added /SG and /SELECTGPU command line switches allowing selecting tweak target by GPU index rather than by logical display device index represended by previously available /SD and /SELECTDEVICE command line switches. New command line switches are supported for both queued hardware access scripts and for command line based GUI device selection changing.
    - Added experimental display configuration tracking mode. Power users may enable this mode using DisplayConfigurationTracking registry entry to force RivaTuner to track changes in your display adapters configuration (e.g. toggling SLI mode on/off or disabling secondary display adapter in the device manager). RivaTuner will reinitialize logical devices list and restart hardware monitoring module on display configuration change.
    - Minor GUI changes and improvements.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  9. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Hi,

I love this tool and my friends also, but I have a feature request for you:

Can you implement a switch for crossfire mode? I have tried many hours to enable crossfire on my 2 HD 3870 @ V7700. The only yet known way is enabling with CCC, but with a FireGL card, the option in the CCC disappears, if you install the Radeon driver it comes back. So I think it could be turned on an other way..??

I really would love to see crossfire with FireGL cards and I would donate 20 Euro to your project.. Maybe others also want this and throw in a few bucks for this..

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  10. Unwinder

I don't think that I'll be able to do it without having Crossfire rig, sorry. Crossfire support in RT is unofficial and very limited. Also, thanks for your wish to donate, but if you have extra money better invest them into charity. RT is a hobby, coding gives me fun and it is a good training of professional development skills so I don't think that it is fair to take user's money for that. But thanks anyway.

11. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    This is a very noble thought, I will do so if I got some extra money to spend.. But what if I get you a rig of two HD 3870 (MSI RX3870 512MB GDDR4 OC) for testing purposes? I'm only asking, since I have no PC to investigate the crossfire problem..

12. Unwinder

We've finished the testing, v2.23 will be publicly available within a few hours. Stay tuned!

13. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Thanks Unwinder! Just a thought, I thought you said you were going to wait till' the 182.05 WHQL release first?
    Anyway release it ASAP! :)

14. Unwinder

I probed a few of my sources and couldn't find any info about expected WHQL release date. So waiting could take a long time and I dropped the idea.

15. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Well I see version 2.23 is released on the Guru3D frontpage! Thanks again Unwinder!

16. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    D/ling -- thanks man !!

17. zuppi

zuppi Member

GPU:
    8800 Ultra
    RivaTuner223Drv.rtu> open by Media Center :confused:

18. Unwinder

You must install and start RivaTuner at least once to get it registered in the system as RTU file handler and allow opening such files from OS shell. But it is important for third party update files only, why are you trying to open driver update manually? RT installer will offer you to install it automatically in the end of installation process.

19. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Thanks for the hard work and update Unwinder!

20. Neo_Moucha

Neo_Moucha Active Member

GPU:
    1xQ4600,1xGTS512,4x6800GT
    Thanks for new release, I found something I cant explain -
    [​IMG]
    Memory clock is divided by 10 ?