Killer tornados, Do you get them where you live?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, May 21, 2013.

1. TTtimzr

TTtimzr Guest

GPU:
    Evga&Msi GTX 780 sli
    Theres supposed to have been a few very small ones here in Wales recently not bad though, never seen one myself.

Get bucketloads of rain though most of the year, often throughout summer so I guess thats the tradeoff.

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Sad. Thoughts and prayers to the people who died and their families in the storm and tornados :(

regards,
    RagDoll.

3. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    This is the story of my life every spring in this god forsaken piglot of a state called Iowa!
    Iowans know to keep airfare cash on them at all times - to get back from Kansas after the storm gives them a free ride.

[​IMG]

4. Zunaro

Zunaro Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    Occasionally we get some nasty tornadoes here in Cedar Park, TX. In 1997 We had one that ripped through a local grocery store and strip mall, tossed some cars around (one ended up going through the roof of a heavy equipment rental place -- they just used their own equipment to remove the vehicle) tore off roofs from houses. I don't recall if anyone was injured or killed but it was a darn frightening experience.

Here is a pic of it ripping through that store 2km from where I lived at the time.(circa 1997 photo sorry for the quality)
    [​IMG]

A view from the State Capitol. Same day, but probably not at the same time.
    [​IMG]

5. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I had an F5 (worst you can get) jump over my head a few years ago. I was in a tin airplane hangar at work.

It hit and completely destroyed a police station and a restaurant west of me, jumped me, and completely destroyed a school to the east.

There are very few times in my life I've been truly scared. That was one.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You talking about the one that destroyed Lake high school? That one was pretty bad.

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Yeah, I work at Metcalf right across the street. That night was not good at all.