DirectX Error (d3dx9_25.dll)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Gurdy, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Gurdy

Gurdy New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X700 PRO
    I first noticed this extremly aggravating error last week when I attempted to install the Battlefield 2. It also happened when I attempted to boot up the F.E.A.R beta. I can't run them. I get the same error every time I try to run the games: error, d3dx9_25.dll not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Well surprise, surprise! It doesn't help. I try to install DirectX 9.0c. No luck. My computer won't let me. It says that it hasn't passed the windows security check. Great. Now I'm stuck. Finally, one of my friends tells me a way to turn the 9.0b install into a 9.0c install. It works! But wait, the same error comes up. Same with FEAR. Now I'm quite positive that when I buy BF2 tommorow, my game will not work because Windows won't let me use it. I can't install DX 9.0c, I can't turn off the driver check, and apparantly there's nothing I can do. So I figure some of you guys might be able to help me, and make the impossible possible. Please help!

2. computerdude

computerdude Guest

Your card doesn't support DX9.0c. No offense but that is a very bad video card. The best thing you can do is find any cheap card that has 9.0c support and you should be fine.

3. computerdude

computerdude Guest

Oh and I think you'll need 2gb of ram to run the game at least you need it in the demo of BF2.

4. Gurdy

Gurdy New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X700 PRO
    What's a good PCI card to get?

5. computerdude

computerdude Guest

Check newegg.com,zipzoomfly.com,xpcgear.com for good prices on video cards.

6. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    I disagree. The peak usage ive seen for the game is 750mb. This 2gb thing is getting out of hand. Theres no real reason to upgrade to 2gb just for BF2

7. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    I very much doubt that this is a video card problem. X300 is DirectX 9.0 compliant.

That file sounds like a DirectX 9.0 SDK file. You can do a search and find the d3dx9_25.dll file and put it in the same folder as the executable for the game.

8. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  9. Gurdy

Gurdy New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X700 PRO
    Okay, well. Now it works, but Battlefield just doesn't like my computer, so looks like a memory upgrade and a new video card are in order. Thanks, though.