New pc case

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DiceAir, Sep 20, 2013.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Hi there.

I'm looking for a pc case about that can accommodate my pc setup. I have a sound card sandwitched between my 2 GTX 570 TFIII cards and I know it's not the best position for the sound card but it's the only open PCI-E slot I have. I'm running a Thermalright silver arrow.

So I'm looking for a new case that will give me better cooling. I was thinking of the Corsair Carbide air 540 cause that case looks like it will be able to cool my cards really well. According to most reviews this is the case that will give me the lowest temps and I can see why. Will I waste my money upgrading my case?

BTW I also removed my HDD cage from my current cooler master Sniper. My curent fan config = 1x 120MM FAN on the side, 1X 120MM at the back, 200mm top and front and 120mm fan at the bottom. I'm not to worried about looks I just want something that's practical.

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have the Air 540 and I can tell you it's the best case I've ever had for cool and QUIET gaming. Plenty of room to set up air or water cooling. Not much out there can beat the Air 540 and it's price. I say..Go for it!! Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing.

3. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    will it solve my heat issue? I don't want to spend the money if I can rather spend it towards a better card. My cards can go up to 90C under full load due to the sound card blocking the fan.

4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    People at overclock.net tells me that I should buy it as it won't solve my problem and I'm going to waste my money. Can anyone else confirm if it will solve my issue?

6. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Did you check the Guru review? I'm telling you this case will cool better than any other in this price range with air or liquid coolers. I mean,take a LOOK at it. How can the Air 540 NOT solve your issue? I have this case and I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't honestly believe what I said about it. I am an absolute NUT when it comes to cooling and quiet, and this case does everything I need and more. The Air 540 is the one you want my friend. That said,it's your dollar. Good luck.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    cool cool. I know the cooling is great but will it be much better than my current Cooler master sniper. BTW I removed the front hard drive cage so the 200mm fan is taking in more air.

Just to say again the thing I actually want to know is if it's much better than my cm sniper case. don't want to fork out my money if I can just spend that extra money maybe towards a better gpu etc etc.