Geforce/ion driver release 196.34 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
?

How is this driver working for you?

1. Better than previous drivers

87 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. About the same as previous drivers

66 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Worse than previous drivers

27 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    anybody tested L4D2, does it run slower with these? I had like 7fps drop with 195.xx or last 196.21 compared to 188.xx. And that drop happened in heavy combat, so its very important to me,.. 43 vs 54fps makes a diff :p.

2. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    I will try these tonight and I just got L4D2 yesterday so I will see. I use 195.81 but my average is mostly at 60 locked. The only slowdown I notice is the dark carnival finale with the hordes and fireworks going off.

3. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    NVIDIA release the 196.34 Beta version to fix the overclock bug. In addition, this Beta driver is no different with the 196.21WHQL version.

This is a beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 196.34

* Fixed a bug with v196.21 that prohibited GPU overclocking.

New in Version 196.21

* Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Avatar Demo, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, City Bus Simulator, Dirt 2, Ferrari Virtual Race, GREED: Black Border, Mass Effect 2, Mortal Online, Ninja Blade, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo, Planet 51, RUSE, Serious Sam HD, and Wings of Prey.
    * Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.09.1112.
    * Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
    * Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Existing Support:

* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
    * Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
    * Supports NVIDIA 3D Vision Discover, a complete, low cost solution to start your immersive stereoscopic 3D experience. NOTE: If you are using NVIDIA 3D Vision active shutter glasses, you must download the separate 3D Vision driver which includes the driver for the 3D Vision IR emitter.
    * Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
    * Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. This driver installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.1112. Learn more here.
    * Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
    * Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.

the only new fix is the Fixed a bug with v196.21 that prohibited GPU overclocking....so im not install that pack just for this xD

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i saw this lowest recorded fps in Swamp (level 2 or 3 i think), its most demanding part of the game, at least here when i turn on the light + water refection+zombie hordes on fire = lowest fps here thats 54fps or ~45 with 195 or 196 driver, otherwise i get above 60fps all the time too :)

5. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI
    I have a big problem with 196.xx drivers.
    I can't install them properly. When i start the installation it takes 10min and than installation is not complete. Only display driver are installed.
    No PhysX, CP...
    And i can't install CP manualy. It says "setup failed to read the Display driver to be used with this package"

When i look to RT only display driver are install (display properties extension, driver helper service, Media center library, display server @ not found )...

I have win7 64bit.
    And i used Driver Sweeper

6. Templ

Templ Guest

Exactly the same problem. I think it must hate our country or something. :D

7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I have the same problem, but when i deleted physx installer + 3DVision installer, problem gone! :banana:

8. Templ

Templ Guest

Will try. Thanks for the heads up.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i do that to first before i install new driver,.. i install physx if i need it and its the same physx 9.09.1112 driver in it anyway so no need to install it in the first place..

Never had a issue with CP though.

10. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    Still stuttering with crysis and the 196's (195.62 work great with crysis!)...trying a reinstallation of crysis now...

No luck...but just stuttering in fullscreen 32 bit (64bit not as much, but still there) ...

11. dakronic

dakronic Active Member

GPU:
    ATI - HD6950 - 2GB

mine installs fine im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
    mayb since previous installs or if u have used system restore
    it may have left ghost files or sumthing causign this eerror

lol lucky i aint had this problm with mine :p

12. dakronic

dakronic Active Member

GPU:
    ATI - HD6950 - 2GB
    only problm ive found is when running L4D the 1st one for while it will lock up say after an hour
    then the screen says no signal then it flick back onto the game and fps droped badly

but thats only game it happening on so far so i aint to worried lol

13. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm actually getting stuttering in crysis to. I cant remember when i've seen this before, maybe fallout 3. But, the stuttering is bad and gets worse in time. Sucks cause I haven't played crysis in a while.

I tried window mode but no change, still stutters crazy. Some parts stutter so bad in crysis it happens on ever turn? I haven't seen a goof like this in a while from nvidia.

14. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    i had to uninstall physx as well as the previous drivers because mass effect 2 refused to start saying physx was not present so i uninstalled both drivers and physx, ran driver sweeper in safemode then installed video drivers with physx and all is well again

but still cannot change shader clocks (not that i want to) its just nice to have available :p

15. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Same here.
    My system likes 188.xx much more than any 195.xx or 196.xx
    All my games run smoother with 188.xx. But with 195.xx and 196.xx it is not smooth even though I have FPS close to 100 in some games. It feels different. Not smooth at all.

These are the test results. FC2 benchmarking tool.
    1920x1080. Everything on max with 4XAA.

Min. 39 FPS
    Avg. 52 FPS

Min. 39 FPS
    Avg. 51 FPS

Min. 49 FPS
    Avg. 62 FPS
    The difference is huge.

Today will test 196.34 but again I noticed my system likes drivers without "Power management" option in Control panel.

16. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    You're right...just played (before i just checked the intro) a little bit: still stuttering in windowed mode!

17. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    ya all know they are developing these for the new GPU right?

18. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    is this true? don't believe it, cause then there shouldn't be a whql so early...

19. cole2109

cole2109 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080TI

What do u mean deleted physx installer + 3DVision installe?
    I uninstall display driver, CP, 3DV, physx (in windows) and than delete everything in save mode with Driver Sweeper.

But i still can't install...

20. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    What he meant was. Before driver install and safe mod you need phisically delete physx and 3Dvision installer.
    You unzip the driver in some folder and then find things mentioned above in this folder and delete them. Proceed with driver install including Driver sweeper in the safe mod. Next step download physx from guru site and install it.